It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Trump Tax Cut Is Helping to Push the Federal Deficit to $1 Trillion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Might look up a time that Obama did Quantitative Easement.

What were your thoughts on it?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Obama didn’t do that, the Fed did that

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Obama didn’t do that, the Fed did that

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The Farm bailout? No, it is not a bailout. It is something that happens EVERY year and has for decades. Since the 20's I believe. Subsidized farming.

Solyndra...yeah...Obama made GREAT deals and took us to where we are. So, with Trumps cuts we will see growth. The old trickle down effect that the left has said was incorrect for years is happening.

Federal Jobs will be removed since so many are redundant and there are more jobs then applicants right now.

I will save around 2k in taxes this year not coming out of my check. Obama wanted me to pay a penalty for being young, single and no wanting health insurance. See how that works? Taxes Taxes and more Taxes.

Trump turned of the money spigot and Washington is #ting a collective brick. As they should....

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

OK.

Serious Question.... look at the changes below, especially the child tax credits and deductions and tell me how this is bad for most of us?

Seriously? What are we missing?

Remember that the tables show "Taxable Income" after all these increased deductions.

Old:

New:

www.forbes.com...

The new tax rules also make big changes to the standard deduction and exemptions.

The standard deduction in 2018 as the law currently exists is $13,000 for a couple filing jointly. That number will jump to $24,000. For single filers it jumps from $6,500 to $12,000.

child tax credit gets a big boost. It currently sits at $1,000 and starts to phase out at $110,000 in income for couples and $75,000 in income for everybody else. Under the new law, the credit doubles to $2,000, $1,400 of which is a refundable tax credit. Further, it doesn't start to phase out until $400,000 in income for couples and $200,000 for singles.

This!!

If people are really that worried about not getting taxed as much, they can always donate more to government.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Again the Trump supporters are in denial.

Like when Trump tried to wishful think the delusion that his inauguration was as huge as Obama’s.

These are FACTS and statistics from Trump's own government.

Your alternative facts are lies

The TDS is so strong with you, you don't even consider another opinion unless it conforms to your bias. People like you are why we are going downhill. I could point you to facts and you would dismiss them because they don't fit your bias. Sad really. TPTB see you as very useful. Keep spreading their agenda. Let's see, how do you people put this? "Stop watching Fox news".

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
No spending cuts and nothing but tax reductions. We've already broke $21 trillion in debt, who wants to shoot for $30 trillion?

I guess the debt doesn't matter anymore to All Trump Sycophants now that Obama's out of office.
edit on 26-7-2018 by links234 because: bad coding

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Obamas 20 trillion $$$ hurt us for generations.

So does Trump making it worse help things?

How do you people put it? "Trump inherited this mess".

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: atsgrounded

The government needs to cut their wastefulness before they can justify taking more taxes from people. Trump has been working on trimming the fat through his EO's.

And, as the economy continues improving and more industry comes back to the US, there will be more taxes paid without raising rates for anyone.

Hey idea - maybe we can cut WAR spending. What a concept. And put those trillions to good use.

Hey. I'm all for it. Bring all our troops home, close our foreign bases and put the military to work building our border wall and securing our borders. You for that?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Then why don’t you come out and say your against Trump’s bailout

Do that then we’ll discuss what I believe in

Already did in the thread about it.

Talk.

First, repeat after me

Trump is an ignorant bastard

1000 times

Yup. And he's 1000 times richer than you'll ever be. Yup. All billionaires are ignorant bastards. Agree? ALL billionaires are ignorant bastards.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone
Do you love billionaires?

Bezos, Gates, Zuck, Buffet can buy cheap FAKE billionaires like Trump

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Like the clintons and Obama's?
ETA to add the Bush's too.
edit on 26-7-2018 by rollanotherone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Business Tax Reductions. Payroll taxes are at record collection levels.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

So you're all for the rich, as long as they're liberals?
It's just the conservative rich you hate?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Only religious partisans could equate lowering corporate taxes and allowing repatriation of cash from overseas, to "tax cuts to the rich".

When folks talk about this... how often have they mentioned that Trump RAISED the top tax rate?

Right... they never mention it.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

LOL,now the democrats are worried about deficit,gee all these liberal so called laws and the entity that make programs we have to pay taxes for,do they ever use anything called"common sense"

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
All I know is that I personally haven't benefited from that tax cut yet.

Have any of you?

I know some rich dems that benefited from it though.
And they promise they will be using that extra cash to fund the dnc.

I know that hillary and obama got to keep more of their money because it.
I just wish I would have gotten to keep more of mine.

Obama is using that tax cut to see the world and parasail in every ocean....be nice wouldn't it.
edit on 27-7-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Voted for him and I don't think the tax cuts are a good idea unless we have MASSIVE spending cuts. We are heading for a huge recession way worse than 2008. I wish the government would just allow the recession to run its course and rebuild quickly from a fresh start. Let it collapse today so it can prosper tomorrow. Currently, the trillions of dollars of new government spending is akin to pouring gasoline on the fire. It will only serve to exacerbate the problem and delay meaningful recovery. Vote no on all bailouts. Instead, the government should begin eradicating grotesque budget deficits and national debt by reigning in profligate spending.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join