It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ryan opposes Rosenstein impeachment try, likely dooming it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

House Speaker Paul Ryan said Thursday he doesn’t support an effort by a small group of conservatives to impeach Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, likely dooming the endeavor and easing a months-long standoff between House Republicans and the Justice Department.

Ryan said the tussle over document requests between congressional Republicans and Rosenstein, who oversees the federal Trump-Russia investigation, doesn’t rise to the level of “high crimes and misdemeanors” that could warrant impeachment under the Constitution.

“I don’t think we should be cavalier with this process or with this term,” Ryan said. He also said he is encouraged by progress on the document production.

It took less than 24 hours for the majority of legislators to rebuke the attempts of a small group of conservative representatives, with close ties to the President, who seem to be unrelenting in trying to put a stop to the Special Counsel investigation. Those close ties to the President is what many are concerned about as well, and why the attempt is seen that way. On a personal note, and something I hope we discuss here is, should the legislative branch be colluding with the President and following his instructions, over doing their jobs and representing the people who voted for them? Should two branches of the government be colluding at all, and especially without the knowledge of the rest of the members of the House?

Ryan made the comments a day after the group of 11 House Republicans sharply escalated the extended clash with the Justice Department by filing articles of impeachment against Rosenstein, who oversees special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

Their move late Wednesday came after months of criticism aimed at the department — and the Russia investigation in particular — from President Donald Trump and his Republican allies in Congress. Trump has fumed about Mueller’s probe and has repeatedly called it a “witch hunt,” a refrain echoed by some of the lawmakers.

The House Speaker thinks that the DOJ has been cooperative and says that "tremendous progress" has been made. The DOJ has released around 880,000 documents so far, the majority of all requested, and to accommodate this unprecedented request the DOJ has "created new search systems, set up classified reading rooms and tasked dozens of employees to produce the hundreds of thousands of documents."

AG Jess Sessions also defended his deputy, saying he has "highest confidence" in him.

The President is choosing some strange allies with each new attempt to put a stop to the investigation. He is now alienating some of the top Republicans, who have so far been on his side. Is this good long-term strategy?

This is just my opinion, but when one steps back to look at all these strange things going on, it looks like desperate attempts to stop an investigation that is only getting tighter. He is acting like a wounded, cornered animal -- the tactics and the allies he chooses don't even make sense any more. I think that means we may see the end of this investigation sooner than later; I was thinking another year or two, but these desperate acts would make it seem it will be quicker than that.

We'll see.

APNews

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Ryan the RINO? The one Nancy Pelosi raved about being speaker? lmao

Guess you missed the rest of the Deep State RINO's back off on the Rosenstien thing today?

edit on 26-7-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Anyone vested in politics saw this outcome.

The point is, they told them they would do this if the deadlines weren't met, they weren't, so this "Small group" made good on their response.

I agree with Ryan, this isn't indicative with high crimes, et al.

I don't agree at all with your opinion though, if anything, the documentation is taking far longer then it should, warranting responses to the degree of, "encouraged by progress on the document production".

Furthermore, why would a wounded and cornered animal want documents EXPOSED? Should the repubs get what they want, it'll be privy to all eyes, so no, fail on the cornered animal perspective, however that may be the leftist and anti-Trump in you.

Decent thread, flag, no star.
edit on 26-7-2018 by Arnie123 because: Mmhmmm

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Guess you missed the rest of the Deep State RINO's back off on the Rosenstien thing today?

No one is perfect, unless they currently support the President, correctomundo? And even that can change from minute to minute. His love is very fickle.

But that is one of my questions in the OP, with the core support getting smaller and smaller, and allies getting less and less known, to the point we have to look up who these people even are -- is this a good long term strategy, or does it seem like desperate acts with no long term in mind?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

No one is perfect, unless they currently support the President, correctomundo? And even that can change from minute to minute. His love is very fickle.

But that is one of my questions in the OP, with the core support getting smaller and smaller, and allies getting less and less known, to the point we have to look up who these people even are -- is this a good long term strategy, or does it seem like desperate acts with no long term in mind?

2 wings on the same Vulture! Get it yet?

There is only a 2 party system for those dumb enough to believe it! They all have the same goal, just different means to play the public to achieve it.
edit on 26-7-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ryan was against candidate Trump. Never campaigned with him. It is good he'll be gone in 6 months.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Furthermore, why would a wounded and cornered animal want documents EXPOSED? Should the repubs get what they want, it'll be privy to all eyes, so no, fail on the cornered animal perspective, however that may be the leftist and anti-Trump in you.

Where does it say Trump wants documents exposed, I didn't catch that in the article? He just wants the investigation stopped, any way it can be done. Even if people are fired, but it looks like he didn't do it himself. Maybe he has been trying to get this done for months, but none of the bigger fish were biting. Now, it's close to game time and he had these 11 go for a try.

You have to remember Trump refused to have these released. I think he knew the setup was going on all along and in a rare display of self control, he kept quiet.

Thanks for reading and commenting, Arnie.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I guess we see the “Deep State” is on both sides.

Ryan already is leaving.

I wonder exactly what he is hiding.

Nobody can justify leaving this guy in our FBI.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Ryan was against candidate Trump. Never campaigned with him. It is good he'll be gone in 6 months.
Heard Jim is trying for Speaker.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

There is only a 2 party system for those dumb enough to believe it! They all have the same goal, just different means to play the public to achieve it.

You're saying the Democrats and the Republicans are the same thing? Two sides of the same coin?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You're saying the Democrats and the Republicans are the same thing? Two sides of the same coin?

Ummmmmmm, yea, I think that is what I was referring to? Ever hear of "Order out of chaos"?

Hope you like having a boot on your neck for promoting division!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Where does it say Trump wants documents exposed, I didn't catch that in the article? He just wants the investigation stopped, any way it can be done. Even if people are fired, but it looks like he didn't do it himself. Maybe he has been trying to get this done for months, but none of the bigger fish were biting. Now, it's close to game time and he had these 11 go for a try.

You have to remember Trump refused to have these released. I think he knew the setup was going on all along and in a rare display of self control, he kept quiet.

Thanks for reading and commenting, Arnie.
BS, if that's the case, he would have done it already, are you that dense?

More so, where does it say or show that he'll refuse their release? When I say privy to all eyes, I don't mean the general public, rather congressional members, I shouldn't have to explain something so easily deduced.

link   

Your assumption of collusion so far has stricken me as unfounded. Any actual evidence it happened here?

link   
There was a Q drop on this topic today.

Made it sound like this is all dog and pony.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Ummmmmmm, yea, I think that is what I was referring to? Ever hear of "Order out of chaos"?

I agree with you 100%, I'm just taken aback, you seem to stick to one side without fail.

You know what, it does not matter, we all change our opinions.

My opinion is also that they all come from the same porta-potty, just depends who they pull out at the time.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
There was a Q drop on this topic today.

Made it sound like this is all dog and pony.

This is an actual topic, not related to the fiasco of circus acts and inane idiocy which is the Q situation.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Now you know why Ryans presidential bid was a failure.

No balls.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I agree with you 100%, I'm just taken aback, you seem to stick to one side without fail.

You know what, it does not matter, we all change our opinions.

My opinion is also that they all come from the same porta-potty, just depends who they pull out at the time.

I stick to the side that promotes common sense and adheres to our Republics Constitutional values. I get it! It is confusing in a world where a Global governance run by non elected parasites rule over us all because we were dumb enough to give up our countries sovereignty.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Your assumption of collusion so far has stricken me as unfounded. Any actual evidence it happened here?

That's why it's in the Mud Pit, up for discussion, and not in breaking news where I usually put news.

I cannot prove he was colluding any more than I can guess what you ate from breakfast this morning. But it's possible you ate breakfast. And based on what this looks like from the outside, I would not rule out that he knew. I think it was you yesterday that said, you would not be surprised if the President knew.

That would imply collusion.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I think equating "knowledge" with "collusion" is a massive stretch.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join