It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Zuckerberg loses $16B in one day as Facebook stock plunges 20 percent

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Worldwide, there are over 2.23 billion monthly active Facebook users for Q2 2018 (Facebook MAUs) which is an 11 percent increase year over year.

So sure there are people leaving facebook but way more people are replacing them.

1.47 billion people on average log onto Facebook daily and are considered daily active users (Facebook DAU) for June 2018, which represents an 11 percent increase year over year.

And they are active users.

Facebook is going to be fine for the foreseeable future.
zephoria.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: scraedtosleep

They knew it was about to happen because of changes in security that they have been making.

I don't buy that is the major reason why.

People are waking up to the fact that things you said 11 years ago can come back to haunt you, constant spying,abusive snooping, agenda driven content monitoring, ........ have led users jumping ship .

I'm sure there are several reasons, that being one of them. Just in the past month or two, how many famous people have gotten burned by old comments someone found on Facebook or Twitter?

The censoring of conservatives is definitely is biting them on the ass as well. They've pissed off half of the US population.

So far today, the losses are holding. FB stock is flat.
edit on 27-7-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
You are correct. Its the Nike if social media. Who else has 2 billion customers! Jeezus. Still i wish there was a hard number of the fake accounts. Also....facebook stock is based on growth. So new members are slowing. There are only so many peeps after all. We shall see. It will evolve....just gotta see what the CIA has planned for it.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
That must suck to loose 16b in one day.

If I loose $5 bucks in one day, I ain't eating dinner that night.

Perhaps Agent Zuckerberg made His bones on using extra O's ???

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
That must suck to loose 16b in one day.

If I loose $5 bucks in one day, I ain't eating dinner that night.

Perhaps Agent Zuckerberg made His bones on using extra O's ???

I see my error.

At this time I would refer you to my signature and please click the youtube link.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Worldwide, there are over 2.23 billion monthly active Facebook users for Q2 2018 (Facebook MAUs) which is an 11 percent increase year over year.

Facebook is going to be fine for the foreseeable future.

However, besides people jumping ship it also appears that the younger generation signing up is dropping more than expected. I'm not saying they are going down overnight , but they best tread lightly on how they proceed. Apparently their Sh1t does have some stink to it.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What? He can't be fired, his style is unblockable!

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Facebook doesn’t make anything.

Better software will emerge.

Facebook will go the way of MySpace.

Who's MySpace?

I agree, when the POTUS prefers twitter to express whatever covfefe-you get the picture.Those who own Twitter must be rubbing their hands together, But I still can't believe this. Sixteen billion in lost in a day? in a financial year that's bad, in a fiscal quarter that's far worse. But in one day?

Maybe there is a rotten smell on the good ship facebook and investors are rushing to the lifeboats. All I can think of is there is a major shakeup or announcement coming, I can't see any other reason for such a dramatic loss.
edit on 28-7-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23619512]lakenheath24[/p
Boo hook. He still good he started one of them fake foundations a few years ago to hide his money from tax man. Facebook is nothing but a data mining operation would not hurt me one bit if it was completely bankrupted and shut sown by government.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The irony is that people are flipping their # over this when FB worked exactly like it was supposed to. Govt officials are just now realizing what FB's product actually is. FB, Google, Twitter and the like are all huge data mining operations that sell your information freely.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ProphetZoroaster

Yes, exactly. I have been trying to tell my family and friends for years.

Nothing is free. People are allowing themselves to be a commodity.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Massive amount of volume.

I'm thinkin hedge fund power play.

If Trump's executive order, seizing the assets of people and groups involve with human trafficking, were implemented, and a sizable chunk of those assets were kept in FB stock, if he sold all the stock in one day would it look like this?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkSmiles

No.

Too many shares to dump at one time.

It'd have to be staged.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkSmiles

originally posted by: neo96

Massive amount of volume.

I'm thinkin hedge fund power play.

If Trump's executive order, seizing the assets of people and groups involve with human trafficking, were implemented, and a sizable chunk of those assets were kept in FB stock, if he sold all the stock in one day would it look like this?

Take a look a short time back at how much Soros dumped from a few of the big tech companies....

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
sucker-berg. the zucky-bot

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I don't use facebook because of the little green dot, whether you're signed into messenger or not, people will know you're online. Most people are lurkers, now you can't lurk anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join