It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desserts for bikini season

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
or speedo season or the just wearing less season.
I have a collection of low carb dessert recipies. Some I've gotten from books like Atkins and Suzzane Sommers eat great series of books. Some I've adapted from other recipes.

Low carb is not low fat. It works on a chemical level rather than kinetic.
The following recipes are not low calorie. Please offer low fat low calorie desserts to this collection. Us sweet tooth types come in all flavors.
Enjoy. I begin with this easy Coffee Ice recipe.

Creamy Coffee Ice with Cinnamon Whipped Cream

2 C boiling water
1/4 C very strong coffee
2 C whipping cream
1Tbs artificial sweetener. I like mixing blue and pink packs for a nice balance of sweetness.
Scant pinch of salt. ( trust me)

Mix all together in a large bowl.
Allow to cool to room temperature.
Pour into an oven proof glass dish and freeze partially.
As ice forms scrape it with a fork to make small crumbles. Return to freezer.
Remove and scrape again. Return to freezer. Continue this process until it is all frozen into crumbles.

While that freezes mix 2C whipping cream 1tsp. good vanilla and 1 1/2 tsps sweetner of choice (not sugar lol) and a dash of cinnamon and whip until soft peaks form.
Chill glass serving dishes. Wide champagne glasses are a nice way to present this.
Scoop some ice into a glass, top with whipped cream.
edit on 7262018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Sounds scrumptious but I like my ladies on the bottled air and crouton diet. If they're really nice I may let them eat a tissue.

edit on 26-7-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Celery ... Negative calorie effect .

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This next one uses Splenda because its cooked and and saccharin or aspartame gets bitter when cooked.
If you love lemon bars or lemon meringue pie you'll love this

Lemon Souffle'

Don't let the word souffle' scare you. This is easy. All you need is a mixer and an oven. They do all the work.

4 large eggs separated
2 Tbls. butter
1/4 C Splenda sweetner. Don't use saccharin or aspartame.
1/4 C fresh squeezed lemon juice. One big one or two small.
1tsp grated lemon rind.
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
Pinch for salt

Put egg yolks and sweetener in a small metal bowl over a pot of simmering water. Do not let the water touch the bowl. Heat and wisk the egg mixture until it is thickened. Do not over cook. Keep water at a simmer not a boil.
Remove from heat and add lemon juice, lemon rind and butter and stir to combine. Cool.
In a clean oil free metal bowl add the egg whites and salt and whip until soft peaks form. Add cream of tartar turn mixer on high and whip until stiff shiny peaks form.
Add a small amount of egg white mixture to the egg yolk mixture to lighten it up then carefully fold the yolks into the rest of the egg whites.

Butter a tall sided oven proof bowl if you don't have a souffle dish.
Place in a 350° preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes.
Remove and cool to room temperature.
You can top this with whipped cream sweetened with a mixture of your favorite artificial sweeteners.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You are so generous good sir.
Try the lemon souffle. I know you can cook.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I guess it's low cal, but I just like them for a refreshing snack I can grab any time and you can eat all you want. I put cherry tomatoes ( right out of the garden ) in a Ziploc bag and then add a healthy drizzle of Italian dressing. Roll it around till they're coated and stash in the fridge for at least a day, turning and mixing/coating occasionally. I carry the bag around or sit and watch TV, eating them like popcorn.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This next recipe is an ice cream topper.
It's not completely sugar free because of the bitter sweet chocolate.

One 4 Oz bar of 65% bitter sweet chocolate
3/4 C heavy cream heated but not boiling.
2Tbs butter
2Tbs water
1 tsp good vanilla
Pinch of salt.

Put chocolate into a blender and pulse until it is powdered.
Add hot cream vanilla, butter, water and salt and pulse until it is melted and smooth.
Store covered in refrigerator spoon over sugar free ice cream. Keeps about a week.
This can be heated if you like hot fudge topping.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Celery for dessert just sounds like such a sacrifice lol!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have studied the artificial sweeteners quite a bit and would not recommend them for anyone. Some people can break them down correctly but others can't. If you can't, some create a sort of pseudo-Fibromialgia like condition, not real Fibromialgia but symptoms just like it. The condition can cause long term permanent problems if you do not equate it to the artificial sweetener. Some mental status changes come from some of the artificial sweeteners too, it is not just physical symptoms. Aspartame and asparagaines share some similar mind altering chemistry. In some people it can lead to delusional thinking. Asparagaines are found in many foods but the physical problems associated with asparagaines do not usually create the Fibromialgia like symptoms in most of the people who have problems with aspartame. .

I know, buzz kill. Got to look good in a bikini. I do tend to like my woman a little nuts anyway.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I don't really prefer sweets but some refreshing chilled fruit soup can do wonders on a hot/steamy day. NO sweetner needed usually. Also any type of gazpacho with whatever is coming out of the garden

I don't have much of a sweet tooth but, DO like lemon or key lime. I'm sort of weak for those.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Easier to get a tapeworm.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks.
These are dessert recipes. No one is going to be living on them. They are treats. They're not gonna kill anyone.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I think I have a recipe for coconut sorbet with Mango , papaya soup.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Thanks.
These are dessert recipes. No one is going to be living on them. They are treats. They're not gonna kill anyone.

I do know some people who are constantly using artificial sweetners, they usually get the soreness and nerve problems off of them. Also, they tend to eat way more of the stuff since it is less calories. They are not losing any weight at all.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I love you for these! Low Carb is my thing... and dessert, lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I am liking the coconut margaritas this season.

For me - I just don't cheat with treats. I don't do low carb because I like my muscles.
Prepping for a bikini competition, is a whole new ball game.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Thanks.

I do know some people who are constantly using artificial sweetners, they usually get the soreness and nerve problems off of them. Also, they tend to eat way more of the stuff since it is less calories. They are not losing any weight at all.

All the research you've done. Do you have any scientific, and by scientific I mean legitimate and/or credible proof? And please... don't Google and start sending links from random nutrition sites...

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Thanks.

If they're not losing weight it's because they're eating a calorie surplus. Not because of artificial sugar.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I have tons of low carb recipes. Soup, entrees, salads, sides you name it.
Even a crunchy " breading " for chicken that is really good.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

a reply to: new_here

I have tons of low carb recipes. Soup, entrees, salads, sides you name it.
Even a crunchy " breading " for chicken that is really good.

You are my new best friend! I have backslid lately, as the scales show. But i am redoubling my efforts. Low Carb is the way, IMO!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join