It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion reported outside US embassy in Beijing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

AN EXPLOSION has reportedly occurred outside the US embassy in Beijing.

The US embassy complex is in Beijing’s Chaoyang District.

Witnesses have posted images on Twitter of smoke surrounding the building.

More to come

Explosion reported outside US embassy in Beijing

Apparently it maybe the Indian Embassy.

As the source says, more to come.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well, it looks like a single man tried to lob a bomb over the fence. Also looks like a fail.

Link

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

What Chan don't like Hadji?

Wots new there.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

The news is saying a 'firecracker device.' It looks like someone with more ambition than sense lobbed a firework at the Embassy. Poor guy injured his pinkies too which any 5 year old would have warned him about.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yeah. Thankfully it's ended up being an epic fail with heaps of LOLs and facepalms for all.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

With China's murky legal system he could end up facing life in prison.

He's probably more worried about dropping his social credit score - link.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

That embassy is very secure you can't get near the embassy. even has bulletproof walls of glass to stop sniper fire from buildings nearby. They learned after the US embassy was attacked in 1999 protests and hardened that location. However, if you ever go there it really is pretty they built a coy pond that runs around the building helps with security and looks amazing.

But here's the problem you had someone earlier tried to set themselves on fire then later someone tried to use fireworks? Normally during protests, China really comes in heavy-handed but this time they sit back and pretend they have no control. I think the Chinese are afraid of the EU tariff agreement. The EU is taking away their major attack on the US by agreeing to purchase soybeans. This was very bad news for China because of their ability to hurt the US economy was greatly reduced. They got the news of the new agreement and next thing you know they head to the US embassy. Oh and dont worry thats probably the most secure embassy in the world.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

That is some hardcore 1984. They really have lost the plot.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Western employers routinely check social media before employing new staff. People check out new dates and their kids' friends for bad apples.

It's like the Chinese are having it imposed on them and Westerners are volunteering for it. Who guessed 1984 would start with, "Yes please! Me, me, like me!!"

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I'm not really across the whole trade agreement stuff, however, I also agree that this stinks.

My initial gut feeling on reading this news was, WTF. No way, absolutely no way is that going to happen, unless of course it's allowed to happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

The news is saying a 'firecracker device.' It looks like someone with more ambition than sense lobbed a firework at the Embassy. Poor guy injured his pinkies too which any 5 year old would have warned him about.

Its like that last shard of single firecracker leftover after the pack was finished going off, with its 1-2mm worth of fuse left, and you hold it with your little fingers and flick the lighter at it BANG!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
China? Firecracker? He failed?

My God, they invented them for christs sake.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Correct. A lady tried to self immolate this morning China time near the US Embassy and later a 26 year old, named Jiang tried to throw a bomb over the compound wall. It was not firecrackers but may have been built out of those from what I'm hearing / seeing. Wife's family is local gov't up there.

This more than likely was a failed protest from what I'm seeing on the expat network we use to talk inside China. Certainly the embassies here have tight security and in particular the US Embassy in Beijing is super heavy secure. I've been inside it about 5 or 6 times to do various things at the ACS office.

It's always amusing how they try to censor this stuff on social media in China. I knew about it when it hit social media almost immediately because people take screenshots and then share those out before the posts are removed. Also people take photos of websites and then share those. Censorship doesn't work boys and girls.

However the CCP did control the narrative and will deny this was a terrorist, protest or related to the trade war.

new topics

top topics

join