It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Weighs Ban On Employee Cafeterias: Eat Lunch With The Rest Of Us

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: DBCowboy

That surprises you?

It disappoints me.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Me too.

But let's face it. When has that attitude never been present in all of the history of human governance?

Some people are just hell bent on repeating the same mistakes...over and over and over again.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Yeah. It's something expected these days.

Pity.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

Yeah, you know what?

I love exploring hole-in-the-wall places to eat too, but not because the city government here has forced me to. I do it because my husband and I love finding those little places.

In my 72 years - - - I have found forced social behavior for the good - - is beneficial.

Didn't you decry the expectation that all NFL players honor the flag during the anthem?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yeah, you know what?

I love exploring hole-in-the-wall places to eat too, but not because the city government here has forced me to. I do it because my husband and I love finding those little places.

In my 72 years - - - I have found forced social behavior for the good - - is beneficial.

Did not always think that way.

But, have found it to be so over the years.

You can disagree/argue all you want - - - but, I stand with my years of observation.

And before we go into any Hitler/Nazi stuff (its always inevitable) - - - of course there is extremism and the world is not perfect.

I am sure Nancy Pelosi will be eating with you plebs on the # covered streets?

O wait she will just get her PA to get lunch for her.
Social engineering is only for us evil middle classes not for our enlightened rulers

edit on 26-7-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

but...

Predictable position was predictable, man.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I have found forced social behavior for the good - - is beneficial

How can anything forced on to someone be good? If it's not what that person wants or likes isn't that the definition of a athoratarian government? Making the a average citizen conform to others likings whether they want to or not. If that's the case I will skip SanFran and take my tourist money else where.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's only for forced social behavior she likes.

They have all of the answers. The rest of us are just ignorant.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yeah, you know what?

Didn't you decry the expectation that all NFL players honor the flag during the anthem?

Freedom of choice is only good if your a minority and/or it suits their agenda otherwise you need to shut up and let big government think for you.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Some of the needles on the streets of San Fran are probably from Pelosi, herself. I'm sure she's up to the point now where she's hitting the Botox injections like a speed freak chain smoker, law of diminishing returns and all...

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

What the hell? Telling people what they HAVE to do for their lunch adds to the culture and vibrancy of the city?

Ef that?!

edit on 26-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

I have found forced social behavior for the good - - is beneficial

How can anything forced on to someone be good? If it's not what that person wants or likes isn't that the definition of a athoratarian government? Making the a average citizen conform to others likings whether they want to or not. If that's the case I will skip SanFran and take my tourist money else where.

Do you run red lights?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Yeah, you know what?

Forced Patriotism.

Not in the same ball park.
edit on 26-7-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
And here is where I’m torn between decisions.
The Federalist/ Libertarian in me says “Who dares tell me where, when and how to eat?”
That would be “perfect world”.

Unfortunately, those ideals have been stomped on for centuries, so then we need to focus on actual, real world situations.

The fact is, our “elected” leaders (and staff) rarely have to face their constituents.
They use tax payer money for private transportation, tax payers pay for security, and, apparently we subsidize their meals, in private “cafeterias”.

Not long ago, some countries required politicians to take public transportation to and fro, so that they had to face the public, and answer to the voters.

Right or wrong, We, The People, ought to have some recourse in between revolution and a strongly worded email.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
People of San Fransico, lack the ability to even consider that San Fransico is exactly the way way they made it.
Those piles of poop everywhere.... YOU made that. All the used needles littering the streets... that was YOUR doing.
Homelessness.... Hard working citizens who just can not pay a million dollars for A 3BR BUNGALOW AND INSTEAD LIVE IN THEIR CARS.... You self proclaimed, holier than thou... trendy to the extreme San Franciscans.... you created that.

The road to ruin is paved with good intentions..... and no good deed goes unpunished.. Admit you meant well, say you are not sorry for trying...... but for the love of your kids.... admit you were wrong and fix that mess

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Forced Patriotism.

But forced 'mingling' is????

You can't get in your car at home, drive to work, get out of car, enter work - - - and never mingle with those on the street.

Does sound a bit elitist, doesn't it?

edit on 26-7-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Trying to force some kind of pretended 'inclusiveness' already sounds like something a child would come up with. How do these people remain in public office

edit on 26-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Dont forget, more people mixxing wiht the needles, and someone will get poked by a nut.

Luckily CA just degraded Intentional infection of HIV to a Misdemeanor from a felony.

Good luck Cali...cant wait for you to secede!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I think the proper response should be big self sufficient campuses out of the cities with Employer supplied high rise condos, entertainment venues, stores, restaurants, golf courses, water park, air port, free or reduced rate Doctors and hospital, transit and any of the other amenities usually mention as a reason to live in a city. Maybe build a wall to keep out riff-raff so employees don't have to look at them. Maybe a dome to keep weather pleasant year round.

Basically a self contained Employer build and run city.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Yeah, you know what?

Forced Patriotism.

No, of course not ...

Mainly because you approve of one and not the other.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join