It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Weighs Ban On Employee Cafeterias: Eat Lunch With The Rest Of Us

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Good thing we live in a free country where dbags can feel elitist if thats how they wanna live their life. Who cares how people feel or if they feel superior if theyre not hurting anyone.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: JDmOKI
These people have lost their collective minds

After reading the source, OP and comments here I'm inferring that as well.

Should local government be able to determine how a company runs its business within the constraints of the law?

It's done all the time. Why is this any different?

Does that make it right?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You can do what you want. Hell you can eat 3 meals a day at your desk if you want. You can still get your discounted meals. New large companies can still have cafeterias but can't discount the meals. This is to stimulate local businesses. That's the extent of it. Everything being said here is being blown out of proportion.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
As I see it if your forced to eat out because of the law that would make it tax deductible.

Good thing bad thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

What business is it of the state that allows them to determine what a company wants to charge its employees?

A company should have the freedom to charge a penny per meal if that's what they so choose.

link   

originally posted by: Annee
So, you can't stay isolated and protected in your Ivory Tower?

You can't get in your car at home, drive to work, get out of car, enter work - - - and never mingle with those on the street.

Does sound a bit elitist, doesn't it?

I remember when I worked on the 32nd floor in downtown Los Angeles. I looked down at the people below and felt superior (I was only 20).

Yes, you do feel superior and protected in your Ivory Tower.

So you want to legislate morality.

They want to legislate corporate FASCISM!

A proposal introduced Tuesday to ban employee cafeterias in future San Francisco office buildings represents more thanan effort to boost the city’s restaurant scene, backers say.

link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They're not #ing banning cafeterias...they're banning places providing free lunch because these places have thousands of employees. They're not banning you from taking lunch, or eating lunch at your work. They're doing it because giant subsidized companies are basically taking over towns and providing nothing back. You can still eat your own food at work, you can still get your lunch paid for. Your boss just cant hire 5 star chefs and provide free meals for everyone every day. If you keep reading the article. They will even allow cafeterias if they're open to the genral public and supplied locally. The op's post is so full of bull# just like everything i read on here nowadays.

You're missing the point. Not everybody who works at a tech company gets paid a million bucks a year. Most of them are low-wage drones who can't afford to go out to eat every day. At the wages they pay, most of them can't even afford to live in the San Francisco area. (It's true; a large fraction of all those homeless people in SF do have jobs.)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Plus it allows little perks for companies to attract workers they want to hire and keep with in the company.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
So, you can't stay isolated and protected in your Ivory Tower?

You can't get in your car at home, drive to work, get out of car, enter work - - - and never mingle with those on the street.

Does sound a bit elitist, doesn't it?

I remember when I worked on the 32nd floor in downtown Los Angeles. I looked down at the people below and felt superior (I was only 20).

Yes, you do feel superior and protected in your Ivory Tower.

Why should people be forced to walk # covered streets?

In a free society one should be able to choose where they eat and who they associate with.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Why should people be forced to walk # covered streets?

They shouldn't as it is a shovel ready project.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

What business is it of the state that allows them to determine what a company wants to charge its employees?

A company should have the freedom to charge a penny per meal if that's what they so choose.

Fine. You just don't get certain tax breaks. Easy peesy. New development will know this in advance. This is about saving mom and pop operations. Not corporate fascism. The opposite in fact.

link   
This reminds me of he federal laws concerning Medicare.

If a doctor has a patient under Medicare, and does a procedure that Medicare has determined to cost 500.00 then the doctor must file for the reimbursement of 500.00.

But if the doctor does the procedure for 10 dollars and only asks for a 10 dollar reimbursement, then that doctor will get fined until he changes the charge to 500.

link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They're not #ing banning cafeterias...they're banning places providing free lunch because these places have thousands of employees. They're not banning you from taking lunch, or eating lunch at your work. They're doing it because giant subsidized companies are basically taking over towns and providing nothing back. You can still eat your own food at work, you can still get your lunch paid for. Your boss just cant hire 5 star chefs and provide free meals for everyone every day. If you keep reading the article. They will even allow cafeterias if they're open to the genral public and supplied locally. The op's post is so full of bull# just like everything i read on here nowadays.

It's a company's right to provide perks and rewards to employee's.

It's a way to attract talent and provide a healthy working environment.

A concept lost on most libs I assume due to the fact most can't get jobs with there BA in gender or womyn studies.

Of course not only will you libitards take away people's right to eat, I am sure you will be mandating what we eat next.

link   
Dp
edit on 26-7-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: neo96

Next step is no more office bathrooms everyone has to poop on the streets like every one else in San Francisco

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Fine. You just don't get certain tax breaks. Easy peesy. New development will know this in advance. This is about saving mom and pop operations. Not corporate fascism. The opposite in fact.

It's legislative fascism, especially using the tax system as a punitive measure.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
You'd figure people crapping in the streets would create an ecological disaster.

Strangely though, The Church of climatology is silent on this issue.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: infolurker

You're link goes to a white nationalist blog (so you got that part right, I think) but it has nothing to do with your op story.

Of course, that didn't slow down the first few triggered reactionary comments so I think you're alright.

Jesus, you guys bark at whatever shadow you see these days.

5 pages in and still no correction or apology on your part. Nice one.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
[

originally posted by: [post=23618958]intrepid

[Snip].. This is to stimulate local businesses. That's the extent of it. Everything being said here is being blown out of proportion.

Not really.

Once inside many targets become open e.g.... hotels can become targets providing free or reduced meals for guests reducing the capture ratio.

Frankly it has nothing to do with fostering local business but rather increasing tax dollars.

Mg
edit on 26-7-2018 by missed_gear because: Phone

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: neo96

Next step is no more office bathrooms everyone has to poop on the streets like every one else in San Francisco

Already mentioned a few posts back that it's will be used as a way to solve the gender bathroom problem.

Everyone can # in the street as equals!

Plus why should us elites get to use toilets! No take them away for all equality!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join