It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Weighs Ban On Employee Cafeterias: Eat Lunch With The Rest Of Us

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Shhh! It's all in the master plan of creating subjugation of the population. Now do as the master commands of you!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
This is a shining example of why I cannot stand Authoritarian Progressives. They have to constantly "push" people to do what they want through the power of government. Here is a shining example from San Francisco. They don't want people staying in their office buildings, they want them walking the $hit and needle covered streets dodging junkies and then they make laws stating that company cafeterias cannot provide employees free or reduced cost food (That one is Mountain View, CA actually).

The best line is the quote from one of the local politicians who "co sponsored" the proposal:

“People will have to go out and (eat) lunch with the rest of us,”

Seriously, how the hell do Progressives justify this crap?

www.modbee.com...

A proposal introduced Tuesday to ban employee cafeterias in future San Francisco office buildings represents more than an effort to boost the city’s restaurant scene, backers say.

“People will have to go out and (eat) lunch with the rest of us,” Aaron Peskin, a San Francisco supervisor who co-sponsored the proposal, told The San Francisco Examiner.

“This is also about a cultural shift,” Supervisor Ahsha Safai, who proposed the ban, told The San Francisco Chronicle. “We don’t want employees biking or driving into their office, staying there all day long and going home. This is about getting people out of their office, interacting with the community and adding to the vibrancy of the community.”

Introduced Tuesday, the proposed ban now will be reviewed by a city committee, reported KNTV.

The nearby city of Mountain View recently barred a new Facebook office from offering free- or reduced-cost meals at its cafeteria, reported the Chronicle.

More human poop on San Francisco sidewalks ‘than I’ve ever seen,’ new mayor says
www.modbee.com...

What A Wonderful Progressive Utopia San Francisco Is!

I am sure many will move to Denver and Austin soon to replicate this Utopia and vote in the same progressive idiots.

Hmmm i read this story a few days ago. The article I read specifically mentioned.facebooks new complex. Local businesses have problems because of this.

www.theguardian.com...

However, as technology companies come under increasing pressure to deliver more value to the communities they inhabit, cities are clamping down on campus cafeterias in an attempt to support local restaurants.

Two thousand Facebook employees are due to move into an office in a complex called The Village at San Antonio Center. In a 2014 agreement with the social network, reported by the San Francisco Chronicle this week, the city stipulated that tenants of the development cannot subsidise employee meals by more than 50%. Facebook can, however, cover the cost of employees’ food if they dine in restaurants that are open to the public.

I'm really starting to hate the way people spin things on ATS...

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

More leftist authoritarian bull crap.

So you aren't free to eat where you want, but on the bright side, you are free to poop where you want!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I'm confused by both the article and the responses.

Is it banning employees from even using a company cafeteria, or just from getting discounted or free meals?

Or is it banning cafeterias from being built in any future built offices, thus forcing any new or moved employees to get lunch up the road a bit?

As the article says 'However, the proposed ban would not affect the 51 employee cafeterias already in San Francisco, only future office buildings, “so it’s not goring anybody’s ox,” Peskin told the Examiner.'

So it won't affect currently established cafeterias nor the employees in those building?

Who the hell has a dedicated cafeteria in their place of work anyway? We always had to go offsite for lunch. Much to the chagrin of the management when we all opted for a pub lunch.. *hic*

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
When I worked in a factory I never went out. I felt too rushed and nervous about being back on time when I did and it caused my meal to feel too rushed as I had to scarf it down to get back on time. One thing I certainly didn't have time to do wad participate in the community. The last factory job I had had a cafeteria and it served reasonably priced food there. It was a godsend. I never felt rushed or worried about getting back on time. I could sit and socialize with my coworkers. And if I was hungry during a short 15 minute break I still had enough time to get food, sit and enjoy it while socializing.

This entire concept is absurd and will result in a lot of people being late to work, fighting over parking spots and absurd lines everywhere. The whole thing is impractical and will do nothing but add to everyone's stress level.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I'm really starting to hate the way people spin things on ATS...

www.sfexaminer.com...

Its called the slippery slope.

By their same logic they'll have to ban 'gut trucks' that show up at a big job site thus saving workers from having to go off site to grab food if they didnt get to make lunch in the morning.

When in those same cafeterias 'half' the people who could have brought their own lunch wont have a place to eat when the ban on eating outside of cafeterias comes in (for health code BS), and the ban on eating out on sidewalks and such at non-food establishments goes active because of invasive ants, and stuff.

Then... ... ... ... ...

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you aren't free to eat where you want, but on the bright side, you are free to poop where you want!

I can smell a compromise cooking. We keep the cafeterias but get rid of our bathrooms.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Facebook can, however, cover the cost of employees’ food if they dine in restaurants that are open to the public.

That's even sweeter, Facebook can write the whole scam off at taxpayer expense... suckers !!!

edit on 26-7-2018 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

First they came for the taco trucks and I didn't say anything. . . .

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I can't understand how these people think they are doing good by forcing employees to go somewhere to eat. This will effect the employees of restaurants that give their employees a lunch allowance for their break too. No free or discounted meals for employees, that is one of the biggest benefits of working in a restaurant.

Big companies also have lunch counters on site, they give employees a card so they can get a free or discounted lunch. I think that the people introducing this new rule are delusional, they need to look at who they have in charge over there and get rid of some of these delusional people. Too much nitrates can cause mania, put down that lettuce and grab a burger.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

More leftist authoritarian bull crap.

New meaning to Snip sandwhich.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

I can smell a compromise cooking. We keep the cafeterias but get rid of our bathrooms.

Libitard logic.

Can't argue about gendered bathrooms if there are no bathrooms

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Hairless monkeys throwing s# everywhere.

Welcome to San Francisco. Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.

"Hairless" ? These are the inheritors of the hippie way
edit on 7262018 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

First they came for the taco trucks . . . .

Well, they produced too much greenhouse gas.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
San Fran really has their priorities #ed up.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I agree its over the top progressive authoritarianism; I am beginning to see the progressives as the real fascists or Nazis in this mess.

But hey, its SF, as long as it stays in SF, who really cares? Look at it this way. Theres a place for this crap, its SF!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

But it’s not really spin is it? San Francisco is proposing ZERO cafeterias in new tech buildings in San Francisco, thus forcing employees to traverse the filth of the city to find lunch, try not to get mugged or pan handled (or worse), order, eat, pay for lunch, then make the dangerous journey back (all within 30-60 minutes).

In San Antonio, only 50% of an employees lunch can be comped by the company if they eat in the company cafeteria. 100% if they eat on the economy. No one is forced to eat out of the building.

If you can't see the difference, I wonder who is doing the actual “spinning”? Almost forgot, while we’re at it, let’s also quit spinning that San Antonio is as dangerous as San Francisco, re: used drug needles and human waste littering the streets.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Man if it weren't for something happening in Chicago or San Fran you guys wouldn't have anywhere to get bent out of shape about.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Man if it weren't for something happening in Chicago or San Fran you guys wouldn't have anywhere to get bent out of shape about.

The same might be said if there is a gun-related shooting and people comment.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

They're not #ing banning cafeterias...they're banning places providing free lunch because these places have thousands of employees. They're not banning you from taking lunch, or eating lunch at your work. They're doing it because giant subsidized companies are basically taking over towns and providing nothing back. You can still eat your own food at work, you can still get your lunch paid for. Your boss just cant hire 5 star chefs and provide free meals for everyone every day. If you keep reading the article. They will even allow cafeterias if they're open to the genral public and supplied locally. The op's post is so full of bull# just like everything i read on here nowadays.
edit on 26/7/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join