It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Weighs Ban On Employee Cafeterias: Eat Lunch With The Rest Of Us

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer
a reply to: infolurker

I think the proper response should be big self sufficient campuses out of the cities with Employer supplied high rise condos, entertainment venues, stores, restaurants, golf courses, water park, air port, free or reduced rate Doctors and hospital, transit and any of the other amenities usually mention as a reason to live in a city. Maybe build a wall to keep out riff-raff so employees don't have to look at them. Maybe a dome to keep weather pleasant year round.

Basically a self contained Employer build and run city.

They used to have those back in the days of the robber barons. The tech companies could pull it off if they wanted, but it was about the time that company towns were all the rage that anti-trust legislation also came into vogue too.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Dont forget, more people mixxing wiht the needles, and someone will get poked by a nut.

Luckily CA just degraded Intentional infection of HIV to a Misdemeanor from a felony.

Good luck Cali...cant wait for you to secede!

Yuk!

Aerosolized Feces!

I would not want to eat anything in that place!

Hey California, I have an idea.... how about you shut down the homeless camps and stop people from $hitting in the streets daily so you don't have to breath and eat it!

Fecal Dust.... just no!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

If stuck by a used needle, one can be infected with diseases like HIV or Hepatitis. Fecal matter is also not just a smelly nuisance. As it dries, the germs become airborne and if inhaled, can prove deadly - especially for children.

Confronted with the findings of the report, infectious disease expert Dr. Lee Riley told the station that the streets of San Francisco are getting worse even than the slums of developing countries.

'The contamination is… much greater than communities in Brazil or Kenya or India,' the UC Berkeley professor said.

edit on 26-7-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

A proposal introduced Tuesday to ban employee cafeterias in future San Francisco office buildings represents more than an effort to boost the city’s restaurant scene, backers say.

The nearby city of Mountain View recently barred a new Facebook office from offering free- or reduced-cost meals at its cafeteria, reported the Chronicle.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

THATS JUST THE OP'S SPIN!!!!!!

BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Same with CBS News! Ban Free Lunches!

Force people out of their office!

edit on 26-7-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

They used to have those back in the days of the robber barons. The tech companies could pull it off if they wanted, but it was about the time that company towns were all the rage that anti-trust legislation also came into vogue too.

Yeah, I thought about that after I hit reply. I was thinking about those big, never used 'Ghost Cities' in China. But the more I think about it as long as it on land some government's hand would be in their pocket. Maybe middle of the ocean or probably best a large O'Neill Cylinder in space.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

So they did build it...

I can not, for the life of me, understand how they think this is a good idea.

Maybe I'm strange, but when I'm at work, I'm at work. Sure, I like breaktime, and lunch time, as much as the next fella, but I seldom, once I'm at work, leave.

Maybe I'm weird? ((Don't answer that...))

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

No, you're not weird. If you want a variety of food and plenty of time, you are stuck either eating what they provide in your onsite cafeteria or what you bring from home.

Otherwise, you are limited to the few places within walking or driving distance, and you're burning time traveling to and from, possibly spending money on gas if you drive.

When I am at work and get a lunch break (rare), I mostly eat on-site even if it's just sitting in my car so I have plenty of time and I'm not driving anywhere. Plus, my food is healthier than grease-pit fast food. I might indulge in a takeout once a month or so for lunch.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

I've never listened or read what Nanci Pelosi has to say.

Just so you know.

I think for myself.

edit on 26-7-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I’m one progressive that would tell that progressive to go to hell, I’ll eat where I want to eat

But is that worse than conservatives who tell a woman they have to have their rapist’s baby

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I've found that in-house cafeteria's, generally, have decent food--somethings are even really good. I've not eaten in many, mind you...but the company I worked for up in Alaska in the late 80's, early 90's, had a cafeteria at the corporate head office in Seattle, and it was better than merely decent. Fresh, and I do mean fresh, seafood--which makes sense, since it was a seafood company...and someone who knew how to cook it.

Others, too, have been good. Though some were truly god-awful.

Happy employees work harder, longer, and have more money to spend in local economies. Draconian efforts such as this, that attempt to force social interaction, solely for the purpose of increasing tax intake, make for unhappy employees who may decide to pull up stakes and leave for better, if not greener, pastures.

They definitely are not giving this enough thought.

edit on 7/26/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I won't go into how I know, but GE corporate HQ has a cafeteria that includes a wine list.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

...and I won't ask.

That'd be interesting lunch times though, wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

We did spend too much time giggling in afternoon meetings.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What's goes best with meetings? Red wine, or white?

The more I think on this, the worse the idea sounds to me. Forcing social interactions can't possibly have any lasting positive effects.
edit on 7/26/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Adding, I love how their rationale for all this is that it just has to be explained in elitist terms. The corporation my husband works at has roots in a mostly redneck Midwestern town, majority white. For his first 10 years there, he barely set foot offsite to have lunch. He ate primarily in the onsite cafeteria. I'm not sure how that was racist, and it certainly wasn't any kind of elitist because the employees are the same people he was supposedly "avoiding" by never leaving his worksite in favor of eating at the company cafe.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

So do you agree with the ban on cafeterias as discussed in the OP?

This is what we can expect it to be like all across the country if we keep dems in power. They love to holler fascism about the Republicans but then literally act like fascists.

It took only seven posts before one of the fascists threw out the race card. Do you have anything to actually add to the actual topic? Or are you just going to take jabs at people and not mention anything about the actual subject discussed in the OP?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: intrepid

What business is it of the state that allows them to determine what a company wants to charge its employees?

A company should have the freedom to charge a penny per meal if that's what they so choose.

Fine. You just don't get certain tax breaks. Easy peesy. New development will know this in advance. This is about saving mom and pop operations. Not corporate fascism. The opposite in fact.

It's legislative fascism, especially using the tax system as a punitive measure.

There's nothing punitive about it. If a company want to give free or discounted meals on site they can go elsewhere. If they want to locate in San Fran and reimburse for meals they can.

Well that's a winning strategy right there isn't it. No wonder people want to leave.
edit on 26-7-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

a reply to: snowspirit

I suggest reading the source and not rely on the OP's spin. It makes sense then.

No, it makes no sense, at all.

And you just don't get it. Typical fascist liberal.

Probably also thought it was a good idea to vote for Justin Trudeau, despite the fact he failed out of several programs ( Engineering, even Geography) and never had a real job ( he was "teacher" for only 18 months, and most of that was "drama teacher"). Meanwhile, Canada went from a budget surplus under the Conservatives to tens of billions in deficits. During an economic expansion. Seriously.

But Justin is really good at playing Mr Dressup in India....

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I read the comments up to page 4 and had to stop. So, if a company wanted to offer discounted or free lunches to it's employees because they value them, and want to reward them, somehow that is bad and should not be allowed?? wtf is wrong with people?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join