It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Weighs Ban On Employee Cafeterias: Eat Lunch With The Rest Of Us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is a shining example of why I cannot stand Authoritarian Progressives. They have to constantly "push" people to do what they want through the power of government. Here is a shining example from San Francisco. They don't want people staying in their office buildings, they want them walking the $hit and needle covered streets dodging junkies and then they make laws stating that company cafeterias cannot provide employees free or reduced cost food (That one is Mountain View, CA actually).

The best line is the quote from one of the local politicians who "co sponsored" the proposal:

“People will have to go out and (eat) lunch with the rest of us,”

Seriously, how the hell do Progressives justify this crap?

www.modbee.com...

A proposal introduced Tuesday to ban employee cafeterias in future San Francisco office buildings represents more than an effort to boost the city’s restaurant scene, backers say.

“People will have to go out and (eat) lunch with the rest of us,” Aaron Peskin, a San Francisco supervisor who co-sponsored the proposal, told The San Francisco Examiner.

“This is also about a cultural shift,” Supervisor Ahsha Safai, who proposed the ban, told The San Francisco Chronicle. “We don’t want employees biking or driving into their office, staying there all day long and going home. This is about getting people out of their office, interacting with the community and adding to the vibrancy of the community.”

Introduced Tuesday, the proposed ban now will be reviewed by a city committee, reported KNTV.

The nearby city of Mountain View recently barred a new Facebook office from offering free- or reduced-cost meals at its cafeteria, reported the Chronicle.

More human poop on San Francisco sidewalks ‘than I’ve ever seen,’ new mayor says
www.modbee.com...

What A Wonderful Progressive Utopia San Francisco Is!

I am sure many will move to Denver and Austin soon to replicate this Utopia and vote in the same progressive idiots.

edit on 25-7-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Seriously, how the hell do Progressives justify this crap?

Mental illness.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well this is definitely "The Last Straw" 😃

Guess they want everybody to use their "Plastic Credit Cards" 🤦

+37 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Who the hell are they to tell anyone where to eat?
None of their business.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

originally posted by: xuenchen
Guess they want everybody to use their "Plastic Credit Cards" 🤦

The only people who use cash [for lunch] are drug dealers and mobsters.

edit on 25-7-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hairless monkeys throwing s# everywhere.

Welcome to San Francisco. Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.

edit on 7/26/18 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
What is the public servant getting paid for exactly, what's his job title, it wouldn't be the minister for stirring the pot by any chance... Talk about micro managing people lives, that's the taste of freedom, freedom to do as you're told.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

You're link goes to a white nationalist blog (so you got that part right, I think) but it has nothing to do with your op story.

Of course, that didn't slow down the first few triggered reactionary comments so I think you're alright.

Jesus, you guys bark at whatever shadow you see these days.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I will say I use cash for most things. I have had an ATM card for the majority of my adult life, and a credit card since I was married.
I still use cash for most things.
I have had corporate credit cards since I was in my early 20s.

On topic.
The elected officials of my state are due to the tyranny of the majority populations being in huge cities. Not really a representation of the state. The USA should look at California as an example. This is what happens when population (i.e. direct democracy) rules.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

They want all of those highly paid executives to go out and spend their money amongst the smaller businesses. or else!!

Too many “artists” and bums for most people’s taste. That place is a mecca for people who think you should give them a dollar or buy some of their “art”

The entire town is covered in # and needles that have been used so much, they are too dull to prick with. Not to mention the overwhelming smell of B.O. and lavender.
edit on 26-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think people who don't like to watch people poop on the street while they eat are very elitist

Plus anyone who doesn't care about the people who are shooting up and leaving needles behind, are a heartless nazi.

so i totally understand making those right wing nazis go out and enjoy the culture and wonderful people of SF.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

You're link goes to a white nationalist blog (so you got that part right, I think) but it has nothing to do with your op story.

Of course, that didn't slow down the first few triggered reactionary comments so I think you're alright.

Jesus, you guys bark at whatever shadow you see these days.

What are you talking about? This is a local newspaper's site?

www.modbee.com...

Circulation Area: The Modesto Bee is delivered to homes and business in six counties. They are Stanislaus County (the primary market), southern San Joaquin County, Merced County, Tuolumne County, Calaveras County and parts of Mariposa County.

Key Executives

Tim Ritchey, General Manager/Vice President of Advertising

Leigh Bisaro, Employee Relations and Training Director

Brian Clark, Editor

Laurie Dugo, Controller

Key Numbers

Readership:

• 154,532 daily

• 180,816 Sunday

Circulation:

• 60,595 daily

• 72,680 Sunday

Carrier Force: Contractors

Average Monthly Page Views/Unique Visitors:

• 6.86 million page views

• 1.13 million unique visitors

Audience & Reach:

• In an average 7day week, 260,797 adults (70% of all adults in Stanislaus County) read The Modesto Bee in print and online.

Each week The Modesto Bee is read by:

• 35% of Stanislaus County households with incomes of $75,000 or higher

• 63% of Stanislaus County homeowners

• 55% of Stanislaus County adults with a college education

• 48% of Stanislaus County adults aged 3549

Stanislaus County most populous cities (2011) :

• Modesto, 206,714; Turlock, 69,651; Ceres, 44,183; Riverbank, 20,952; Patterson, 20,302

edit on 26-7-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

You're link goes to a white nationalist blog.

The Modesto Bee is a white nationalist blog?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
So...... Mandatory you cant bring your lunch to work, instead you have to go hit the foot beat everyday and buy from Subway et al???

That's hardcore Textbook Fascism. Even more over the top overtly in your face so than Obamacare could have ever dreamed of being.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

The Modesto Bee is a white nationalist blog? I'd never heard of it, but with Volvo ads smacking me in the face, etc, it doesnt strike me as such.

Anyways, if 'fake news', the Big Story at this juncture is that nobody was even surprised by this sort of insanity from over in that dastardly realm.

edit on 26-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Please do do your fake news breakdown of that 'news' site, this story, because if this is for reals well damn what a 'meme':

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Most of my employment situations have involved having a 30 minute lunch, if I were supposed to go out and get lunch my time would be used up just coming and going..stupid f'n idea, they should worry about things that actually matter..like sh#t in the streets first maybe.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

What better passive aggressive dehumanization machinations even possible than disrupting the lunch time pow wows coworkers get to spend together 'as themselves' chatting during lunchtime? Maybe they might form up consensus' of opinions about the local BS going on, and become 'a problem', therefore, in a truly (stereotypical) 'fascist' realm such a measure makes perfect sense. Its even to be expected.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Well, they want you to lunch with them now. Next they will want you to poop on the street with them too.

San Francisco used to be a nice place. Its dangerous now.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

An additional source for you.

Proposed SF law could force tech workers to actually go out for lunch

Is the San Francisco Chronicle a white nationalist publication too?

I can't keep up.
edit on 26-7-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join