It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If anyone has any doubts...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
OK, if anyone has any doubts about the biblr, u are most likely right. read genesis of the grail kings by Laurence Gardner its verrrry good it will explain how full of BS the bible is

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I dont have anything to say.

Just replying so this goes back to the top again.

I hate to see an empty thread.

Oh I just thought of something...

You dont need t read an obscure book to discredit the bible, the bible itself does a good enough job of that.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Guys I hate the bible crap to, but lay off it. I have come to see quite a few things from the time of my last post. The bible is a book of morals for people to live by, most of the people who edited it didnt make it to hurt people. It is full of a lot of crap but it provides hope to people, something the world will need a lot to overcome the war that will go on. It helps people with problems like drug addictions. Religion is not a bad thing, and I am sick of people attacking the bible just because it isnt all true. Nothing is all true, so lay off the bible its one of the last scraps of peace of mind people have it helps them believe in an after life. Also even if you dont pay attention to any of this look at it as a metaphor and it will make much more sense. Virgin=pure as an example for me

edit: grammer

[edit on 21-2-2005 by elemtalsage]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Whether or not I believe in the Christian Bible, I do believe in people's rights. People have the right to worship as they please. There is no real proof any where on this planet that there is one right or wrong religion. Each person believes what they want to believe, we all do the best we can.

Besides, where's the conspiracy? Are you saying that the Bible itself is a conspiracy? It may be far out, but I don't think it's a conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by elemtalsage
The bible is a book of morals for people to live by,

No it is a book which enforces one singular viewpoint over humanity by terror. (Fear of retribution)

most of the people who edited it didnt make it to hurt people.

Actually I was made purely to inspire people to hurt, kill and maim others in the name of god

provides hope to people,

At the expense of their freedom to choose their own lifestyle.

It helps people with problems like drug addictions.

No, not taking anymore drugs does this. No book you read will help you to do anything unless you decide to do it yourself.

Religion is not a bad thing.

No it isnt just bad it is criminal.

Nothing is all true, so lay off the bible

Not while there is still breath in my body.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Oh really!? Try telling a Witch that, try telling a homosexual that?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The bible is a book of morals for people to live by

Right murder, incest, gang rape etc are really good morals to live by...

It is full of a lot of crap but it provides hope to people, something the world will need a lot to overcome the war that will go on

Or maybe it'll give gasoline to wars it'll cause?

Also even if you dont pay attention to any of this look at it as a metaphor and it will make much more sense.

I wish people did that....

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The bible has helped save my life, Jesus words did.

I used to be super selfish, full of lust, laziness, and my biggest hapiness was what was coming on tv in the upcoming weeks, which is
not what life is all about. I thank jesus Christ literally for helping me save my life. Nobody taught me this but him, and I have more peace than ever through
his grace.

I would hate to be how I was before I ever heard of jesus or the bible, truly I was way worse, and this goodness I have now, little goodness that I have has completely come from jesus and this bible which
you call nonsesne.

hes helped me respect women, my body, not curse, take in pain and offer it instead of yelling fowl langauge, its truly incredible what he can do with your life through his words, the bible.

What you guys are saying is truly insane to me personally.

peace.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The bible is awsome. The new testiment is better then the old though.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

i think you got it all wrong
clearly he said, *most of the people who edited the bible didnt make it to hurt people*
this i would say, is a true statement, what the hell are you going on about? witches and homosexuals? as far as i know, homosexuals just weren't around then... and witches either.
What elemtalsage said is in the right place, when the bible was editted, there wasnt any direct intension to hurt people.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
What you guys are saying is truly insane to me personally.

Though if you want to reach us heathen-folk, I think it's absolutely necessary that you try to understand it.

You will, I think, recognize that there are a lot of people out there who call themselves Christian, who may even think of themselves as good Christians, but who are, instead of living a Christ-like life, simply using the Bible to bully others (and, as a result, to make themselves feel stronger).

I understand that this behavior is not unique to Christians. In fact, you can find jerks in any group of people. But because Christianity, in all of its forms, is the predominant religion in the Western world currently, it has a larger number (even if it's an equal percentage) of idiots.

I think we're also seeing it more frequently in America recently because of the increasing secularization of our government. While not intended as such, some insecure Christians see efforts to remove overt support of Christianity from our government institutions as an attack against Christianity itself.

This is a large issue in the US now, also, because American Christianity largely supports the idea of Biblical Literalism. While BL has been around for most of the life of the Christian movement, it was never a very strong voice. It really started to gain ground during the Renaissance and Reformation, but received the strongest support in retaliation to Charles Darwin's "The Origin of Species." In it's current form, BL can be dated to American preachers from the mid-19th century. Historically the Bible was read with allegory in mind, which I, personally, find the be a better way to look at it. An allegorical reading of the Bible can find truth in the message of the book, even if certain details are fudged a bit. A literal reading, on the other hand, must find every word to be Absolute Truth™ or else the entire foundation of their faith is washed away. But that's really an argument for another thread

JAK

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Point of fact in England at least it is well known by those who have studied the sibject that the vast majority of women who were burned as witches were murdered for property and property alone, get your facts right before burning others at the steak for your beliefs.

I am getting bored to tears with all this religion bashing. Wicca ect. is just good harmless fun and never done anyone any harm. Go read the Black Alchemist.

Perhaps the version of wicca you may practice does no-one any harm, perhaps the Christianity I practice is based on tolerance and compassion for one's fellow man. Hence I don't attack other beliefs any time the opportunity arises.

Jack

[EDIT - Spelling]

[edit on 23/2/05 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Your absolutely right wisky jack, and it makes me sick how some christians are, truly sick. Ive ran into people like this and its so far from what Christ teach that its simply
amazing, and we always get a bad name because of it.

The bible is meant to be a guide to perfection, and to show us jesus love for us to deah, literally to death he loves us. Anybody who judges you you give them these passages.

John 8:15-16 (I judge *no* man)
matthew 7:1-2 (Judge no man)
Romans 2:1-2 (Inexusable)

We are not here to judge any soul to hell, we judge sin because sin destroys a soul and I can attest to this, but no man can we condemn to hell, its not the way. A true christian has to be encouraging, gentile, full of love and very truthful and upright speaking as sinners themselves. Whoever does other wise is not Christian in heart, you
can't force conversion, you have to be sincere and encouraging or else you push souls away literally.

This Bible has truly increased my heart and the way I love now to a tremendous level through his grace, its truly been remarkable and I wish all you souls would atleast give it a thought of how much God loves your souls, truly undescribable the way my heart has
grown ever since I heard of jesus and his words.

If this could happen to everybody, than there would be no wars, but everybody would live like Jesus did and it would be heaven on earth.

Peace.

top topics

join