It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California homes sales crashing... so goes the nation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Im aware of some of the rankings, but until I look at the metrics more in depth I hesitated to support “fifth.” It’s definitely been moving around the top ten economies for a long time, regardless of exact ranking.

The important point is that it’s a huge economy and these people saying they want it to crash don’t understand the impact to the US, let alone millions living in ca.
a reply to: Bhadhidar

edit on 26-7-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Yeah I'm going rural next year hopefully. What's a good resource for finding where the gold is?

There are still plenty of open creeks for panning around the Placerville area. Even if you don't find gold, the scenery there is gorgeous and worth a hike.

Prospecting in the eastern Sierras is a little different, though, because there aren't as many running creeks for water. Then you'll have to get a strong metal detector and wander around in the dry creek beds. I've heard of people attaching large wire hoops to the front of jeeps to do the detecting. Keep your eye out for quartz, as gold is often found associated with quartz, being brought up from the mantle through volcanic fissures.

Latest California Gold Rush Created by Drought
edit on 26-7-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Yeah I'm going rural next year hopefully. What's a good resource for finding where the gold is?

There are still plenty of open creeks for panning around the Placerville area. Even if you don't find gold, the scenery there is gorgeous and worth a hike.

Prospecting in the eastern Sierras is a little different, though, because there aren't as many running creeks for water. Then you'll have to get a strong metal detector and wander around in the dry creek beds. I've heard of people attaching large wire hoops to the front of jeeps to do the detecting. Keep your eye out for quartz, as gold is often found associated with quartz, being brought up from the mantle through volcanic fissures.

Latest California Gold Rush Created by Drought

You ever do any prospecting in the northwest or Oregon/Washington area?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You ever do any prospecting in the northwest or Oregon/Washington area?

Nah. Never got up that far. When I was a kid I used to do a little panning in the creek that ran through my grandpa's cattle farm in Montana. It was much better for trout than gold, though.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: interupt42

Speaking of stones in glass houses, perhaps it's best to be wise and not mock a Blue state when the poorest & most government dependent states are Red states such as Mississippi, Louisiana, West Virginia, Kentucky, etc. You still want to complain about bad policies, then you might want to worry about the problems in your own party house first.

I don't have a mental handicap that makes me give my blind loyalty or trust to any one party or political ideal.

So as far as I'm concerned both the DNC and GOP are crooks working for the same people with the same motivation, but with different appearances and smells.

So try again.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Except you referred to parties and my assumed party.

I believe that was you when you targeted me as a conservative.

My saying there are good things about ca is fair

Agreed.

I also am well aware of the issues. For ex, I am starting to have concerns about the whole sanctuary and open border thing.

But that’s an issue beyond ca, just as are the hyper sjw or identity politics issues.

Agreed and glad to see other people freely question things and look at issues individually versus defaulting to a party mentality. We need more of that. The two party system BS has done nothing for the majority of Americans , besides make it easier to keep the people fighting among each other while they rob us blind and use group think exercises to control the population.

edit on 01731America/ChicagoThu, 26 Jul 2018 15:01:33 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Okay then my apologies re conservative assumptions.
a reply to: interupt42

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Pretty sure Schiff has been talking about this exact thing happening for the last 2 years

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

not in high end homes, unfortunately in that powerful economy nobody can afford them.

but yea as soon as they build some more tent cities, they will catch up

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I wonder if this will increase the population living under the stars at night with no roof over their heads.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
maybe this eclipse is going to reveal something market related, heavy uranus and pluto

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I kinda agree. I’m in nyc, which is similar, and it’s ridic overpriced. People in their 30’s and 40’s often have roommates. I do.
a reply to: putnam6

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Pretty sure it will just be California all on it's own crashing. The nation will sit by and watch, largely unaffected.

California housing is preposterous, 400 grand for what would be a hovel in most inner city neighborhoods. Large billion dollar corporate hqs literally surrounded by third world # covered streets.

This round is all California, it's going to be a solo act.

tiny 2 bedroom 1 bath homes in my are are going for $340,000, and in the bay area that would be $800,000 easily, even a million in some areas

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

California and their policies should be a prime example of what not to do

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

LOL,and you live in NY?,like the pot calling the kettle black

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

LOL,and you live in NY?,like the pot calling the kettle black

Nothing tops hollyweird and the cali liberals.

Poop and needles
Don't want to charge people for knowingly infecting someone with aids
Sanctuary state

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

If the economy crashes that would mean police men wouldn't get payed.

That means that they (police) wouldn't be going after criminals. Who would do that without pay after all.

And what that means is that anyone that is homeless can just move into one of the millions of empty houses. Because who would stop them.

That's what I would do. Just go to an empty house and start growing veges in the back yard while I hunt cats and dogs and any other kind of meat that I could.

Your not going to see me in a bread line when there an't no cops around to make me follow the laws.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Cali is the 5th largest economy in the world.

The must be smart and doing something right to be that rich.

Dumb people don't get that rich. Or at least that's what a former reality tv star told me once.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Well with trumps tax cuts the rich in cali will be just fine.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Mr. Spock how correct You are...

In 1994, My Wife and I purchased a brand new home in Cotati, Ca. In Sonoma County, The Wine Country. The house was 1292 sq ft. and We paid $168,999.00 I was making $110k+ a year so We were able to pay off the note in little time.

We then sold the house for $445k in 2004.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join