It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California homes sales crashing... so goes the nation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
a reply to: toysforadults

In my uneducated and naive view think its just a geographical market correction at least for now. I do think there are less home buyers and more people wanting or having to rent for a variety of reasons. But California has been primed for this happening for years, over developing, over building.
Is it over building? There’s a housing shortage.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: ketsuko

I dont think they will lose them all, but if 30 or 40 percent leave, California is done for. Unless they reverse their trends toward taxpayer spending.

I know that most people in the country wont shed a tear if that happens, and that too is something else California should be worried about.
But most won’t. Ca is the most populous and economically powerful state in the country. Also, most people love living there.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MisterSpock

If they lose Silicon Valley, they're done.
Nah, ca was an economic powerhouse before tech takeover. I’m from that area. My mom works in tech law. Ca has a lot of other industry than tech. For example, 50% of fruits and nuts in the country produced there. People don’t realize that by state it’s the largest bread basket.
It has a bigger economy than the UK..

edit on 26-7-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

It's California. No one can afford to live there, so they are all leaving.

What are you talking about people cant afford to live there?

Its California liberal heaven where everyone is equal and more than willing to share their money with others. Those Californians are known to fight for the poor , minorities, women, and the homeless and not only do they have the loudest voices but the deepest pockets as well. Surely they will dig deep into their own pockets to help the poor people that can't afford housing. I'm sure they would be willing to downsize from ONE of their 20k sq foot mcMansions to a measly 10K sq ft home if it helps the needy. Heck they will likely even let them stay with them. Just look at how passionate they are about helping those that cant help themselves.

I love how you conservatIves give yourselves license to constantly put down everything about CA. It’s a bit offensive at some point, speaking as a Californian.

Might surprise you, but my conservative parents love it there. They have some issues with some policies, but generally vastly prefer it to the Midwest from whence they came.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
False. It’s the biggest economy in the US. If it implodes it affects you.

It is was a sovereign nation, it’s economy would be in the top ten.
a reply to: chrismarco

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Its unrealistic to compare a state in a country to other countries economically. States have costs they dont have to incur that countries do. Like national defense.

If California had to have a national defense budget, and pay millions(billions?) In costs to fight their wildfires then they would have a much poorer balance, economically.

Will a California collapse be visible on the national stage, probably. But it certainly wont drag the other 47 contiguous states with it.

I'm sure a few large tech companies would flee, and suck massive amounts of capital out of the region. California will spiral down, it will survive but will continue on its quest to solidify itself as the anus of the US human body.
Well said and damn good verbiage, real talk 😎

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Its California liberal heaven where everyone is equal and more than willing to share their money with others. Those Californians are known to fight for the poor , minorities, women, and the homeless and not only do they have the loudest voices but the deepest pockets as well. Surely they will dig deep into their own pockets to help the poor people that can't afford housing. I'm sure they would be willing to downsize from ONE of their 20k sq foot mcMansions to a measly 10K sq ft home if it helps the needy. Heck they will likely even let them stay with them. Just look at how passionate they are about helping those that cant help themselves.

I love how you conservatIves give yourselves license to constantly put down everything about CA. It’s a bit offensive at some point, speaking as a Californian.

Might surprise you, but my conservative parents love it there. They have some issues with some policies, but generally vastly prefer it to the Midwest from whence they came.
Ah that explains it, you live in filth and naturally, would defend filth.

Cali burns, who cares, they brought it upon themselves.

I was in Cali recently, gross.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

You don’t know ca. If you saw were I go, it’s gorgeous. More idiocy from low information people.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

My mortgage here in So Cali is $2600 per month for a OK maybe middle class 2000 sqft house which was last appraised at $550,000 which I will never get once I sale , My girlfriend pays $2500 a month for a 1000 sqft bungalow close to the beach.

As soon as her divorce is done we plan on getting the heck out of her and moving to KY where we can buy a huge house on 10 acres with our on creek or pond on it for around $150.000 just buy it out right and be done with it and live happily ever after .
edit on 7/26/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

That actually sounds really cheap to me considering a 1 bedroom is close to 2k in decent areas.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I LOVE northern Cali. Not talking SF either talking Men do, Shasta, Trinity Humboldt

Really is one of the most beautiful places in the country

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I almost lost the house back in the 2008 crash and got one of those save your house programs and got it locked in at 4% I missed the 2% programs.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

You don’t know ca. If you saw were I go, it’s gorgeous. More idiocy from low information people.

Parts of CA are gorgeous. I've worked out there numerous times. I did a vacation in Carmel Valley a few years ago. Drove up PCH from San Fran. It was unreal how pretty everything was from the coast to the trees and mountains.

With that said, CA is just way too expensive and I think it is reaching a tipping point. Seems like everyone there is up to their eyeballs in debt. Even tech companies are moving to lower cost of living areas. They simply can't pay enough for lower level employees to live there comfortably.

The thing that always baffled me about CA was that you can't see why it is expensive. When I go to NYC, you know why it is expensive. There are 8 million people people on a relatively small island. It makes sense a 1000 sqft condo might cost $2 million. On the other hand, most of CA looks like any other suburban arm pit imho. Same crappy chain restaurants and strip malls. There seems to be plenty of land so it is hard to wrap my head around why it is so expensive.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

One of the problems is city council. They wont let you build and the wealthy elite fund their defense to make sure of it.

Zoning. You know how it works.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I live in nyc.

Part of it for both is prime real estate in major international centers. That’s why SF and NYC are the most expensive.

NYC is much larger than Manhattan, given the five boroughs. It’s city boundaries are much larger than SF.

Sf is trapped on three sides by water and not much room except expanding out into the Bay Area, which combined with Silicon Valley takeover of the peninsula, explains much of the price. Then you add in beauty, and the fact these are international real estate markets with land speculation. SF is far nicer too than NYC. Sorry ca haters.

Much of NYC excepting a few ritzier areas (which are at least the cost if not more than SF) is a dump.

Yes both places are extremely expensive.

I was in the PCH this last week, and then up in Sonoma/Napa and the Russian River. So beautiful. I lived in Santa Cruz on the PCH north of Monterrey for 5 years. Loved it. Beaches, redwoods, organic farms, vestiges of the 60’s culture, etc.

a reply to: Edumakated

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I LOVE northern Cali. Not talking SF either talking Men do, Shasta, Trinity Humboldt

Really is one of the most beautiful places in the country
yeah for sure. Also the pacific coast highway between sf and Monterrey is gorgeous. Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, etc.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I could live off the PCH up north of Foot Hood I think it is

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Gargoyle91

That actually sounds really cheap to me considering a 1 bedroom is close to 2k in decent areas.
Most of ca isn’t sf Bay Area prices.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

This may be hard for your to understand but we all aren't political cheerleaders that define ourselves to one party or mono political ideals. Just because I may be calling out your parties BS and hypocrisy doesn't mean I'm a conservative.

Just as an FYI I didn't vote for Trump and despise the GOP as much as the DNC and actually felt that Bernie would have been the better option

Doesn't surprise me at all.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
For sure. It’s amazing. Last week I was up in Santa Rosa and the Russian river, which borders the ocean and PCH

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join