It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** GOP lawmakers introduce articles of impeachment against Rosenstein

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Isn't it weird that in Obama's 8 years and various alleged crimes and heated topics happening, 11 people getting together and impeaching ANYONE could not happen? Not any of the cabinet members, or DoJ or FBI or CIA. So much debate in Congress, so much hatred between each other and a dozen people could not even get together to write some articles of impeachment on anyone?

But suddenly, AFTER rare documents are released and those rare documents don't support the witch hunt rhetoric, 11 people are doing that, most likely with the Executive branch knowing about it ahead of time. Just weird.
edit on 25-7-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have read the thread.

I have read the letter.

Lot's of stuff in there.

Summer is rolling along right as expected. August looks to be a scorcher and some of the news maybe as well.

One thing I did note:

Ole Rod bought a $70,000 conference table.

He classified that information in documents released to Congress.

IF he classified that information because he didn't want the purchase price to be known....

That's a pretty obvious ethics violation of the use of the classification system.

Enough to get your clearance suspended / letter of censure if you were a lower pay grade.

No reason on earth why a $70,000 conference table expenditure has to be classified anything.

Just saying.

Edit: to add ethics
edit on R262018-07-25T23:26:20-05:00k267Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R342018-07-25T23:34:54-05:00k347Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
LMAO another desperate attempt by the GOP to stop the investigation into Trump. All the Trumpsters get all giddy again and then in a few days or weeks, it will be another failure.

Why do you guys do this to yourselves? What will the excuses be this time when this fails, like so many of your GOTCHA headlines?

LMAO

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

You are correct, that the legislators are sworn to serve and protect, to uphold the laws of the country. However, when it comes to politics, both parties will skirt the laws, even change them for political gain and when it is convenient.
But there are several things that are not being shown here. The first is that not one of us has seen all of the evidence, beyond what one political party wanted to release. And even then it is always redacted heavily and makes it hard to see such fully. And from what can be seen, to reveal or give said documents that the Republicans are wanting to see, would violate the laws as well, and ruin investigations as well.

And an impeachment is much more than the adversarial trial that we all have seen and understand, there is a political component to it. That means, in addition to the normal court aspect of this kind of trial, the legislation also has to consider the politics of making a decision.

So the numbers are not there to support this endeavor, it is just symbolic in nature.

(post by roguetechie removed for a manners violation)
(post by roguetechie removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

If what you say is true then congress has become only symbolic.

That would mean that somewhere along the lines of business as usual, that a new government emerged and took the powers of congress for their own. That this unkown entity chooses to empower the symbolic figure heads in congress or to abandon them to the void of irrelevance.

What we are seeing IS checks and balances at work. The DOJ is beholden to congressional requests so as to allow congress to fulfill their duty of overisght.

I think this is governmental power being reclaimed after it was taken by others.

Just my opinion.

edit on 7 25 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: sdcigarpig

The entire "Russia probe" is a HOAX.

No. Let's call it what it is.

Attempted Coup.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
They need a 2/3 majority in both the house and senate to impeach Rosenstein who, honestly, hasn't broken any laws and hasn't done anything to warrant being impeached.

Congress is about to go on a 5 week recess...I'm sure they'll jump on this as soon as they get back.

This is political theater as a way to protect Trump for the next 5 weeks because, more than likely, the GOP knows that Trump will be impeached next year.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Simple majority in the house.
2/3 majority in the senate.

Ps
10 Senate dem incumbents are up for reelection in states trump won in 16
edit on 25/7/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
They need a 2/3 majority in both the house and senate to impeach Rosenstein who, honestly, hasn't broken any laws and hasn't done anything to warrant being impeached.

No.

Simple majority in house for articles of impeachment. 2/3 super majority in the Senate for removal.
edit on 25-7-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Oh, well then it's sure to pass then. Carry on.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

I don't think it will go anywhere either.

But that wont be because of the merits. The 'by any means necessary' crowd isn't interested in actual accountability. Only power, even if it means protecting the enemy of my enemy, to keep it.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It's a bluff at this point.

Question is what happens in 5 weeks?

Could you imagine the outrage if Trump cancelled their leave until the issue was resolved one way or the other?

The possibilities get better every day.

PS: I need to get a job that has that much time off.
edit on R032018-07-26T00:03:14-05:00k037Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well, it's coming out in more news outlets now, international news too. This is going to backfire royally. Death throes, final attempts at stifling the Special Counsel investigation, almost unanimous backlash so far.

We'll know soon enough if there is enough backing in the congress for this, but the leader of this impeachment is Mark Meadows, a friend and defender of the President, and a person who meets with him often. This is disturbing. If the President is found to be behind this effort, well, I don't want to speculate but it will not be pretty. I hope Kissinger didn't just advise another president to do the thing that ultimately brings them down.

It is one thing to hold people accountable for their actions, but the DoJ has cooperated with everything and more. These feeble attempts at stopping the investigation will cost the President more than he thinks.

And I don't even know much about Rosenstein, nor do I take any liking to him, but this is some dirty stuff they're trying to do. I'll wait a couple of weeks and we'll talk about this again.

P.S. Super classy posts above.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
So in Article 5 they are accusing him of doing things in 2016 and early 2017 before he was DAG.

Under Mr. Rosenstein’s supervision, Christopher Steele’s political opposition research was neither vetted before it was used in October 2016 nor fully revealed to the FISC, given Director Comey’s June 2017 testimony the dossier was “salacious and unverified.

Rosenstein was not DAG until April 2017... he was an appellate judge before so he would have had nothing to do with FISA... How the hell could he vet something he had nothing to do with at the time?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

you are being nothing more than willfully ignorant...come on

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Please tell me how RR who wasnt part of the FISA court system but was an appellate judge in 2016 has anything to do with FISA court applications and the dossier in 2016.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
Isn't it weird that in Obama's 8 years and various alleged crimes and heated topics happening, 11 people getting together and impeaching ANYONE could not happen? Not any of the cabinet members, or DoJ or FBI or CIA. So much debate in Congress, so much hatred between each other and a dozen people could not even get together to write some articles of impeachment on anyone?

But suddenly, AFTER rare documents are released and those rare documents don't support the witch hunt rhetoric, 11 people are doing that, most likely with the Executive branch knowing about it ahead of time. Just weird.

What's even stranger to me is that you have absolutely no clue at all of what you speak, or of the things happening currently with these issues. All you see is a very narrow view and how it pertains to your personally blinding bias. Those are the cold facts.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
Well, it's coming out in more news outlets now, international news too. This is going to backfire royally. Death throes, final attempts at stifling the Special Counsel investigation, almost unanimous backlash so far.

We'll know soon enough if there is enough backing in the congress for this, but the leader of this impeachment is Mark Meadows, a friend and defender of the President, and a person who meets with him often. This is disturbing. If the President is found to be behind this effort, well, I don't want to speculate but it will not be pretty. I hope Kissinger didn't just advise another president to do the thing that ultimately brings them down.

It is one thing to hold people accountable for their actions, but the DoJ has cooperated with everything and more. These feeble attempts at stopping the investigation will cost the President more than he thinks.

And I don't even know much about Rosenstein, nor do I take any liking to him, but this is some dirty stuff they're trying to do. I'll wait a couple of weeks and we'll talk about this again.

P.S. Super classy posts above.

Of course this is now major news. All of the MSM, and half of the elected officials just realized they might be indicted too.
Impeachment is just a fancy government word for indictment.
Which means a legal accusation.

I swear to Oden and Crom; Y'all need to understand what you are talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join