It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** GOP lawmakers introduce articles of impeachment against Rosenstein

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
If Rosenstein is getting impeached for not wanting to un-redact documents and things of sort;

And the President of the USA also refused to have those documents un-redacted;

Are they working together and why is only one getting impeached?

Is that a serious question?
If Trump had unredacted what Rosenstein redacted, the left would be screaming in rage.
Trump is staying out of this. He has other important things to do. Congress can handle this.

edit on 7/25/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: CB328

PRISON SENTENCES, TREASON, DEATH SENTENCES MILITARY TRIBUNALS

You people are insane, and you are all traitors for supporting the Criminal in Chief.

Proof? Or are you just going to start sending us to the camps indiscriminately?

I want a room with a view of the Gulf of Mexico where they got soccer fields.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

If Rosenstein is getting impeached for not wanting to un-redact documents and things of sort;

Don't be so naive.

The "un-redacted" stuff stays classified when Congress if given the information.

There's zero comparison to "public" disclosure.

[RR] is hiding something and we know what it is.

💥Sun💥Burn💥

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Insane, traitors?
You just spin further and further down the toilet bowl of absurdity.

Rosey, is in contempt, its obvious he is stone walling in hopes of a congressional channge that can cover the real treason and high crimes committed by the entrenched state in trying to over turn the will of the people.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

“Multiple times we’ve caught DOJ officials hiding information from Congress, withholding relevant documents, or even outright ignoring Congressional subpoenas —and now we have evidence that Mr. Rosenstein signed off on a document using unverified political opposition research as a cornerstone of a FISA application to spy on an American citizen working for the Trump campaign," Meadows continued, referring to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA)

From the op.

The second phase of opposition research was funded by the DNC and the Clinton campaign, working through their attorney of record, Marc Elias of Perkins Coie. In April 2016, Elias hired Fusion GPS to perform opposition research on Trump.[10]

As part of their investigation, Fusion GPS hired Orbis Business Intelligence, a private British intelligence firm, to look into connections between Trump and Russia. Orbis co-founder Christopher Steele, a retired British MI6 officer with expertise in Russian matters,[2] was hired as a subcontractor to do the job.[30] In total, Perkins Coie paid Fusion GPS $1.02 million in fees and expenses, $168,000 of which was paid to Orbis by Fusion GPS and used by them to produce the dossier.[31

Verifiable FACT!

link   
Gee, and all this time I thought impeachment was political and not criminal?
Oh that's right they forgot they lost the potus AND the HOUSE and the SENATE in 16.
How unfair, you know showing up to vote and all.

link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

He is being impeached, in part, for not delivering documents to Congress, who has oversight over his agency.

Keep up.

But the article in the OP states 880,000 documents have been turned over, all that was requested, and the DoJ was now working with people individually to see if anything additional was needed. Did you read that part?

What do we all need to keep up on? Are you keeping up on it?

Help me out then -- how many other documents have been requested, outside of the 880,000? Has anyone listed any specific documents that have not been provided? That would have to be in these charges. Since you're keeping up on it, how many are missing?

Also the charges say for not wanting to unredact documents? Does this set the precedent for impeachment of other officials who refuse to unredact documents, including the President?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Is that a serious question?
If Trump had unredacted what Rosenstein redacted, the left would be screaming in rage.
Trump is staying out of this. He has other important things to do. Congress can handle this.

The President cannot un-redact anything. He was asked by legislators to ask to have them done so. He refused to and the DoJ refused to.

That's identical behavior in the eyes of the law, isn't it?

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Then he is only a few hundred thousand short of what was asked of him.

You know, the parts he won't give up that incriminate him and his friends.

Let's make a deal.

You keep screaming and I'll keep laughing.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
All Nixon had to do was call his Watergate break in opposition research, and been fine.

True story!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Kharron

Then he is only a few hundred thousand short of what was asked of him.

You know, the parts he won't give up that incriminate him and his friends.

Let's make a deal.

You keep screaming and I'll keep laughing.

How about I keep asking questions and you keep avoiding them? I'll keep using my calm voice and enjoy watching you dance around.

How many other hundreds of thousands? I will say right now it seems I do not know as much about this as you do, please provide me with some links for what you just said. The article from The Hill, up in the OP, states this:

The DOJ officials, however, said Wednesday they have largely completed Congress's document requests, noting they are working with the lawmakers and their staff to give them the information they still want to review.

So far, the DOJ officials say they have given lawmakers access to 880,000 pages they've requested, and they continue to accept requests for new information related to House GOP probes.

The officials listed three congressional subpoenas, issued by House Republicans, that they say have either been fulfilled or that they are close to fulfilling.

So three congressional subpoenas show nearly all documents requested have been provided and the DoJ is open to new requests. Con you please provide me with a link of what you claimed? Hundreds of thousands?

Thanks Lumenari

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
All of the Articles of Impeachment are very detailed and make perfect sense.
www.scribd.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Wont happen soon. Congress leaves for 5 week vacation after Friday. They only work 146 days a year.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
All of the Articles of Impeachment are very detailed and make perfect sense.
www.scribd.com...

Obviously this is a witch hunt for Rosenstein's head...

oh wait, those articles are very clear, accurate and succinct.

Off With His Head!!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

PRISON SENTENCES, TREASON, DEATH SENTENCES MILITARY TRIBUNALS

You people are insane, and you are all traitors for supporting the Criminal in Chief.

I wonder, does a reply like that put you on some kind of watch list?

like Neo96 said

Those that are trying to over throw a democratically elected president are the TRAITORS.

Sure, you got free speech and the right to think what you want, but to think people who doesnt vote the same as you, are insane, and to think supporters of a democratic elected president are traitors, sounds very extreme to me!

Sure, youre just talking now, but when does someone like you, with extreme views of other voters, become a threat to society?

Iam asking you, not because i think youre some kind of terrorist, but because you do sound like one!

Please take some time to think things through, before you speak. Iam pretty sure we all want the same thing, a better world - i mean, that is our common end goal, isnt it? No matter whom you voted for, or didnt, we all want that, right?

Or do you honestly believe that those who voted Trump, are trying to destroy the US??

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What is actually required for impeachment in this case? Is it a simple majority or does it require a 2/3 majority

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Maybe Rosenstein will resign and save everyone the trouble.

The Articles detail what we already know - that much of the redaction in the documents was not for security reasons, but rather to save the DOJ and FBI from embarrassment. This makes it obvious that they are also selectively releasing documents, while withholding documents potentially damaging to the DOJ and FBI.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Not working together, simply not working under the same mandates and job descriptions. Rosenstein was ordered, by Congress, to produce unredacted documents to them... he refused. Trump merely has the authority to present the unredacted documents to Congress based on his status as POTUS and the access he's granted with as a result of that status. Congress would never order the POTUS to produce unredacted documents tied to any agency because it is that agency's director or administrator's job to produce the documents which their department is responsible for. In some ways, Trump releasing them would have been somewhat similar to third party hearsay testimony, while Rosenstein producing the documents demanded would have accounted for direct witness testimony.

If they were working together, Trump would have released them purely to save Rosenstein's ass from Congress... something which clearly did not happen.

Jeff Sessions may start hearing footsteps behind him soon.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Something just crossed my mind -- what if the President did not want to ask the DoJ to unredact the FISA documents because he knew this impeachment was coming?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join