It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** GOP lawmakers introduce articles of impeachment against Rosenstein

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Rosenstein was appointed by Trump and now all the Trump supporters are up in-arms because Rosenstein is doing his job.

That's pretty much it.

Trump wants to get rid of anyone who isn't in his "Loyalty Pocket".

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Annee

when you measure what he is doing against what he promised to do, it seems he is doing a bang up job.

Hey BFT, we are never going to agree on this.

But, you know how much I love and respect you. I won't "fight" you.

I do want to still be here 10 years from now - - to see how history views this period in time.

Right now Trump reminds me of George Wallace. History does not see Wallace in a good light.

We ain't gotta agree. But I do want to at least present the viewpoint.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

He doesn't have to "be impeached" to be removed from office.

Trump can use Congress' allegations as laid out in the articles of impeachment to terminate Rosenstein for cause. This will have the effect of denying him pension/retirement, insurance, etc.

The President, as head of the Executive branch, may discharge any of his employees in the Executive branch including Rosenstein/Mueller/etc.

The impeachment proceeding is largely for show, but make no mistake, it provides perfect cover for the WH to put Rosenstein out on the street.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

As in an unsecured, privately owned server set up in your bathroom.

At the time, there were no rules against it.

Are you kidding me? Beyond the fact that disclosing classified material for ANY reason is a crime (espionage, no intent required) it has ALWAYS been illegal to avoid record keeping requirements (for accountability).

She was also informed, multiple times, that her email arrangement was unacceptable (by her own staff, no less)

Regardless, I have no desire to litigate the past.

Only the President can classify/de-classify material at-will without any formal/written procedure. Hillary Clinton is not (nor was she ever) a President, which makes the Confidential/Secret/TS/SCI material on her server (which was provably exposed to foreign adversaries) indisputably classified. The law doesn't require intent. Therefore the simple act of exposing it through negligence is all that is required
edit on 7/26/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

when you measure what he is doing against what he promised to do, it seems he is doing a bang up job.

Hey BFT, we are never going to agree on this.

But, you know how much I love and respect you. I won't "fight" you.

I do want to still be here 10 years from now - - to see how history views this period in time.

Right now Trump reminds me of George Wallace. History does not see Wallace in a good light.

We ain't gotta agree. But I do want to at least present the viewpoint.

Yes, thank you.

I do read yours. I don't find them sensationalized. Just a different viewpoint.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Wrong subject.

Wrong thread.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yeah... remember when they said Hillary was going to be indicted and I said she never would be?
Yeah I remember what happened two years ago.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
If Rosenstein is getting impeached for not wanting to un-redact documents and things of sort;

And the President of the USA also refused to have those documents un-redacted;

Are they working together and why is only one getting impeached?

NOT ONLY THAT

Trump can fire Rosenstein anytime he likes.

So shouldn't Trump be tried for Treason for not simply firing Rosenstein?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Are you kidding me? Beyond the fact that disclosing classified material for ANY reason is a crime (espionage, no intent required) it has ALWAYS been illegal to avoid record keeping requirements (for accountability).

Damn...Trump has done both to the Nth degree a gazillion times in the past year and a half.

Wild to see you suggesting he needs to be locked up, but I guess if you say so.
edit on 26-7-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

He had a convention?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Yes. That's the way it always wotked.
Are you new to the whole process?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Sillyolme

The impeachment proceeding is largely for show, but make no mistake, it provides perfect cover for the WH to put Rosenstein out on the street.

You forgot the part where Trump is both a Coward and a Traitor.

He talks a lot of crap, but after firing Comey earned him a Special Prosecutor, he has been relegated to "Twitter Bravery" and denying his own statements when real live people confront him.

Good luck with Trump firing Rosenstein. He lacks the anatomy to do it.

You guys and your fantasy world crack me up.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

George Wallace was a poor man's Trump.

History will reserve a special asterisk for this orange dumpster fire.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

George Wallace was a poor man's Trump.

History will reserve a special asterisk for this orange dumpster fire.

I think so too.

But, who knows?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

If it is going to fail, what is the point? The Republicans do not have the numbers and it will not pass the house or the senate, as the Democrats will not vote in favor. So if this fails, then would this not be just symbolic?

The information requested is information involved in an active investigation. And what is even worse is those who are seeking this, also have been lawyers, and that this would ruin any potential case and ongoing investigations. So why ruin an investigation?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

No the President can not. There is a very special procedure that has to be followed. And I believe he would have to show just cause on such. Even if he does manage to fire the special prosecutor, the investigations will still continue on, and those cases that are in court would still be going on.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: soberbacchus

No the President can not. There is a very special procedure that has to be followed. And I believe he would have to show just cause on such.

No. Please don't invent facts. Trump might be better served politically with a documented excuse, but he is able to fire anyone under his executive authority. He might be accused of Obstruction of Justice or Abuse of Power, but those charges would be separate and the act of firing someone would still be within his authority, regardless of whether act of firing constituted evidence of a wrongdoing.
edit on 26-7-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Right people!

If your going to invent anything.

It's Russia stole my election that I rigged from the get go.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
come on I want to see prison sentences

PRISON SENTENCES, TREASON, DEATH SENTENCES MILITARY TRIBUNALS

No. He just might lose his job. But within a week The DNC or other deep state entity will give him an even better job. And it will be announced all over the world so all will know they are untouchable. Screw you Americans, they will plan the destruction of the United States and nothing can be done to stop it.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Ryan says Rosenstein crimes are not bad enough.

Trump is an angel by comparison. Certainly no impeachment of him!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join