It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU gives in to Trump to avoid trade war...more winning!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Noooo
That's not right
I can see the headline now...

"EVEN TRUMP CAN'T STOP THE OBAMA ECONOMIC POLICIES FROM SUCCEEDING"

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

originally posted by: AutisticEvo
originally posted by: AutisticEvo
None of them have any balls.

your thread title should of been "Trump grabs EU by the P#$$Y!"

Hey guys, relax. They are our friends still. Lets show a bit of empathy and reconciliation.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Has the left been right about anything ?

The Leftist in Hollywierd have been right when they said they should move out of America...... Here is to hope!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The bottom line is that US Farmers are selling cheap without the China market.

The EU was already increasing it's soybeans buying from the US, cuz desperate farmers slashed prices.

A) This isn't new news.
From 3 weeks ago:
Importers snap up cheap U.S. soybeans as China stops buying
www.reuters.com...

B) It means farmers are still getting hurt, selling Soybeans at slashed prices due to the trade war.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
No one else finds it interesting that it's soybeans that they caved on?

I mean, I guess the point is that they caved at all, but soybeans have been under an amount of scrutiny for creating unnecessary amounts of estrogen and messing with reproduction, as well as being one of the more GMO crops out there.

I honestly haven't researched the effects of soybeans enough myself to be convinced one way or the other, but this is what came to mind especially with the recent trending use of "Soyboy"
And so, some sources:

Source1

Source 2

Ancient ATS Thread Source

edit on 25-7-2018 by gottaknow because: changed "has" to "have" as I couldn't has that.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Joint US EU Statement.

Joint U.S.-EU Statement following President Juncker's visit to the White House
Washington, 25 July 2018

We met today in Washington, D.C. to launch a new phase in the relationship between the United States and the European Union – a phase of close friendship, of strong trade relations in which both of us will win, of working better together for global security and prosperity, and of fighting jointly against terrorism.

The United States and the European Union together count more than 830 million citizens and more than 50 percent of global GDP. If we team up, we can make our planet a better, more secure, and more prosperous place.

Already today, the United States and the European Union have a $1 trillion bilateral trade relationship – the largest economic relationship in the world. We want to further strengthen this trade relationship to the benefit of all American and European citizens.

This is why we agreed today, first of all, to work together toward zero tariffs, zero non-tariff barriers, and zero subsidies on non-auto industrial goods. We will also work to reduce barriers and increase trade in services, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, medical products, as well as soybeans.

This will open markets for farmers and workers, increase investment, and lead to greater prosperity in both the United States and the European Union. It will also make trade fairer and more reciprocal.

Secondly, we agreed today to strengthen our strategic cooperation with respect to energy. The European Union wants to import more liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the United States to diversify its energy supply.

Thirdly, we agreed today to launch a close dialogue on standards in order to ease trade, reduce bureaucratic obstacles, and slash costs.

Fourthly, we agreed today to join forces to protect American and European companies better from unfair global trade practices. We will therefore work closely together with like-minded partners to reform the WTO and to address unfair trading practices, including intellectual property theft, forced technology transfer, industrial subsidies, distortions created by state owned enterprises, and overcapacity.

We decided to set up immediately an Executive Working Group of our closest advisors to carry this joint agenda forward. In addition, it will identify short-term measures to facilitate commercial exchanges and assess existing tariff measures. While we are working on this, we will not go against the spirit of this agreement, unless either party terminates the negotiations.

We also want to resolve the steel and aluminum tariff issues and retaliatory tariffs.

How is this not a win for both parties?

Some here wouldn't ever give praise. That's fine.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think your right.

Although I am pretty sure you and I will disagree one how favourably the history books will look upon Trump I do think that the first draft of history is often the roughest and toughest on its actors.

I know one thing.

I really want to read the books that are going to come out a few years after his time as POTUS ends because I think its going to make for some very interesting reading.

My history book will include you being humble and fair in your assessment when I had almost given up on you being for people's freedom. Please forgive me. HOPE springs eternal. Kudo's to you I can see you are using deduction properly.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: matafuchs

President Trump's 2020 Reelection Slogan should be .........

..............)

"Are you tired of winning yet?"
edit on 25-7-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman
Wow. You memorized it.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Justoneman
Wow. You memorized it.

I am cursed with too good of one, memory that is. Perhaps, I should not know some things....

../sarc

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I wouldn´t say gave in. I would say that both sides have figured out that a trade war would be catastrophic in long term, for both sides. Also to add, according to an article the agreement between Z.K.Junger and Donald Trump is as follows :

The EU has agreed to introduce more soybeans, cut tariffs on industrial products, and work more on liquefied gas exports, according to the report.

Source in Greek with google translated link

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Link

Experts urged caution. Bart Oosterveld, director of the global business and economics programme at the Atlantic Council thinktank in Washington, said: “The avoidance of a disaster is not a success. What I think we saw is the resumption of some basic dialogue. Individual items like soybeans and LNG [liquefied natural gas] are not massively significant. I don’t think the EU would agree to a major revision of trade terms without steel and aluminium being taken off the table first.”

Recalling numerous recent differences between the US and EU, ranging from the Paris climate accord to the Iran nuclear deal, Oosterveld welcomed the signs of cooperation. “To the extent they’ve agreed to continue to talk and take a joint approach to Chinese trade practices, it’s significant. This puts everything on a slightly more stable footing. To see them make joint statements on the WTO, for example, is a positive we haven’t seen in a while. But those of us who care about a rules-based order on global trade shouldn’t run a victory lap just yet.”

Hmm hmm
Let's just see how Trump walks back on the "very big day" where :

“We agreed today, first of all, to work together toward zero tariffs, zero non-tariff barriers and zero subsidies on non-auto industrial goods,”

A lot of scope for i miss-spoke/i was badly quoted by fake news/i didn't actually say "agreed"

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
In Germanys news:

Success for the EU
US President Trump wants to disarm in the trade dispute

When meeting with EU leader Juncker, the US president makes surprising concessions. He wants to negotiate a big agreement with the Europeans and waive car duties for the time being. What is behind this about-turn?
--
The matter actually seemed clear: Just over an hour ago, the President of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, and US President Donald Trump wanted to talk to each other in Washington about the trade conflict. That's it. A press statement was not provided. With a concrete result was hardly expected.

But then the two politicians sat in the Oval Office for two and a half hours - and suddenly there was a hastily arranged appearance for Juncker and Trump in the rose garden of the White House in front of the press. "I came to Washington with the intention of getting a deal and I got one," the EU boss announced proudly.

Source: Spiegel Online

HA! Suck this, USA.

(This is a lesson in media competence)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
All Trump did was cause a public ruckus with his "Germany is totally controlled by Russia." Or do you think that part of the "talks" will be about shutting the project down?

Do you think that maybe that this actually leads to a positive effect where Obama and Bush failed..the old "I told him to cut it out" might not be a workable diplomacy. Maybe we been doing it all wrong...can't be right since, well, it didn't work.

Oh the horror over Trump might just be the right way to deal...

edit on 26-7-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It genuinely frightens me the way some of you take this victory for the USA and twist it to fit your reality. I'm not sure if you people are having some sort of reality break or what. Its frightening to listen to and watch humans behave in this fashion all because a man they don't like was elected. I can't imagine having any of you who think this way being employed and in charge of someones(like mine) care or well being day in and day out. No telling what you might do in the name of whatever psychosis you're dealing with that particular day. Dangerous scary stuff.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Take no notice. American right-wing media will brag how America got the better part of concessions. Left-wing media will criticise Trump for tariffs. Right and Left-wing European media will brag how Juncker got the better part of the concessions.

It's all subjective.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
This is great news, more free and fair trade is usually a good thing.

I find it funny the MSM have portrayed Trump to be the protectionist while the EU are good free-traders.

Yet the reality is that the EU are the protectionists and Trump has just forced the EU to take a more free and fair trade approach when dealing with the US.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
America first.. LOL the left must be losing their minds.. Trump right again Morons wrong again..

Thats Trump 223 idiots -2 LOl

Wow. Why do so many Trump supporters come off like they are pre-pubescent teenagers. Its cringe-worthy to read.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Maybe this would be slightly more accurate...

"I came to Washington with the intention of getting a deal and I got one," the delusional EU boss slurred proudly, then collapsed into his own drunken vomit...

A bit more believable

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Forget about protectionists and free traders, here are the real numbers
This is the problem the US has : Trade deficit US
And this is the strong position the EU has : Trade surplus EU

Trump can talk all day long about not wanting trariffs or government support, well except for the US car manufacturing ofcourse, but at the end of the day he's the one who started implementing them.
Good on you for averting a trade war you started

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join