It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU gives in to Trump to avoid trade war...more winning!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: damonster

Yeah that must suck.
Clinton sucks too but not as bad as a 70 year old with no knowledge of anything. LOL WTH was he doing those 70 plus years if not accumulating knowledge?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

When all else fails: HILLARY!!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Clinton sucks too but not as bad as a 70 year old with no knowledge of anything.

SHE IS a 70 year old with a knowledge of WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: damonster
Starting to see his supporters twisting their view of reality into Trump is strong and tough and got what he wanted.

While the rest of the world sees a coward who caves when face to face with people he is trying to intimidate.

They are seeing him win, even though we all see him caving into demands from EU. crazy world we live in when Trumpsters see something completely different than the rest of the world.

What are you watching?
He got the EU to drop their tarrifs. How is that weakness? How is getting another country to change their trade policy weak?

If he goes with 100% free trade with China without some guarantee that our trade deficit can't exceed a certain amount or percentage that would be weakness because China does not have competitive wages to the US. But free trade with the EU makes perfect sense because our pay is equitable.

Again. Where do you see weakness in today's trade deal? I would be willing to be wrong if you could provide some logical explanation. Or at least believe you're not simply suffering from TDS where no matter what he does it must be weak and bad.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

He already did that. The EU refused to talk.

global.handelsblatt.com...

“The paradox of the ‘new’ American trade policy is that it wants to act with the instruments of the ‘old world’ in the ‘new world,’” Mr. Felbermayr writes in the new ifo study. But the EU is not without blame here either: In fact it wasn’t even Mr. Trump who first broke off negotiations over a US-EU free trade deal known as the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), the German economist noted. It was actually the EU that put the unpopular talks “on ice” ahead of elections in France and Germany.

Now, they want to talk.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Their go to person and Obama. They are used when Trump is shown to be the weak fool we already know him to be, the crooked immoral idiot we know him to be, the moron who knows absolutely nothing about the world or the lying cheat we know he is.

it is...BUUUUUUUT HILLARY/OBAMA

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The EU is dropping all tarrifs and agreeing to buy more US goods. That means the tarrifs they had imposed upon us before Trump was elected and the retaliatory tarrifs which is exactly what Trump was pushing for the whole time.

Trump got everything he wanted and it's great for the US. You still don't get it.

link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

This deal gave him more leverage with China too. China is our largest customer for soybeans. With the EU upping their soybean purchases, a trade war with China would hurt us much less and them much more.

The man "won" by winning!

TheRedneck

link   

He got the EU to drop their tarrifs.
No he didn't. At least, I can't find a source that says he did.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

With the EU upping their soybean purchases, a trade war with China would hurt us much less and them much more.
The EU buying more US soy probably has more to do with that Chinese trade war than with any EU "concession."
From June:

The dispute has boosted prices in Brazil, the top shipper, forcing EU processors to look elsewhere for supplies. That’s likely to mean that the U.S. will overtake Brazil as the biggest seller to the 28-nation bloc next season, according to Rabobank International Ltd.
www.agweb.com...

More so, now that the Chinese have imposed that tariff (after the above article). Not sure the increase in EU sales will make up the difference though.

edit on 7/25/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

He got the EU to drop their tarrifs.
No he didn't. At least, I can't find a source that says he did.

Then what he said I would consider a lie. It would make no sense to claim victory otherwise. I could be wrong. I'm just going by the Presidents reaction.

"No tarrifs, No barriers, No subsidies" seems pretty straight forward to me.

I can't find any specific source on the deal. So I guess we will wait and see.

edit on 25-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

No TDS here.
I don't hate Trump because he is simply a child attempting to play in the adult world.

He threatened the EU in regards to tariffs then backed down when he was face to face with an official from the EU and gave in.

If that is not weak I have no clue what you think is.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: AutisticEvo

Cant wait for the Left's response to this thread. all I am hearing is shocked silence so far

I am on the left.

No shocked silence from me, credit were credit is due, Trump (and his team) have got the concessions he wanted and hopefully this will signal the deescalation of the trade war that was on the horizon.

I think this attitude that you either think Trump is all bad or all good needs to end personally.

Ummm...I totally agree...it's been a stupid two years...Lambaste him when he really deserves it...as I have...and praise him when he deserves it...as you have...

But please...for the sake of humanity...stop with the daily onslaught of drivel...I really can't wait until this Russia...Russia...Russia...craze is in the rearview...

But great news...I applaud the effort By President Trump...his method he employs is pretty obvious...and effective...

Yousir

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If they removed the Tarrifs in place before he was president than Trump won. If not then all he got was more soy beans which is still good but nothing to brag about. If they remove the old tarrifs Trump got exactly what he was hoping for in his trade war.

Agree with him or not, winning is when you get exactly what you wanted.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

a reply to: NightFlight

Most of the anti-Trump people on this website can't say anything good about President Trump.

They won't.

Hell 6 years from now all those people without jobs will be bused to Washington to boo Trump like they did Bush. When he left.

Ummm...those two people that refuse to work by then...?

Wouldn't that be called...the short bus...?

YouSir

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

He basically pulled an internet tough guy and said "Hey EU do this or else" then face to face with EU official said " hey I didn't mean what I said, I'm sorry don't hit me, we can work something out"

LMAO

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The EU wants to purchase gas from Russia, a serious adversary, why give them funds they will use to bankroll more military actions like they pulled with the invasion of Crimea.

The EU wasn't interested in talking like adults because they had already cut a deal with a country that allegedly attempted to assassinate two EU citizens, one individual killed from a secondary exposure and another sick.

They are talking now because someone stood up and said no, something other EU members have not done. I think they can work a better deal with an allied country rather than one who one day decide to cut them off without any alternative.

I don't always agree with his public style, but behind the scenes people seem to like him. Everything I have read points to someone who is genuine and affable as far as personality and it works, but we shall see.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: damonster

He basically pulled an internet tough guy and said "Hey EU do this or else" then face to face with EU official said " hey I didn't mean what I said, I'm sorry don't hit me, we can work something out"

LMAO

If he got what he wanted I don't care how you think he looks. Obviously whatever he did is his way of winning. It doesn't matter how you play the game as long as you win in the end. Winning in trade deals is definitely MAGA. Part of his campaign promises.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

The EU wants to purchase gas from Russia, a serious adversary, why give them funds they will use to bankroll more military actions like they pulled with the invasion of Crimea.

I don't always agree with his public style, but behind the scenes people seem to like him. Everything I have read points to someone who is genuine and affable as far as personality and it works, but we shall see.

Exactly. It took some honesty in the NATO meeting to get Germany to rethink where it would get it's energy from. No one in the EU was challenging Germany's multi billion dollar investments into Russain Gas. Even though they are supposed to be the biggest threat to NATO.

And I think most of the worlds leaders know that Trump is softer in person than his outward persona dictates. It's simply who he is and it's worked for him his whole life.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

They are talking now because someone stood up and said no, something other EU members have not done.
What did Trump say "no" to, in regard to buying gas from Russia?

The EU has been buying gas from Russia for years, btw. It's a cheap and reliable source. They also by a lot of oil from Russia, a lot more oil than gas. I wonder if the "talks" will involve demands that the EU stop buying Russian. Just say "no?"

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join