It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU gives in to Trump to avoid trade war...more winning!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

But it seems to be working out quite well.

I guess we can cut back on that farmer bailout... Not like China bought up 3 years worth of soy beans already...lol so far all of this has been a huge win for farmers and not a single soy bean loss yet.

My hope is that its insurance based, so that no claims are paid without loss. Otherwise, its pure corporate pork.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutisticEvo

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: AutisticEvo

Cant wait for the Left's response to this thread. all I am hearing is shocked silence so far

I am on the left.

No shocked silence from me, credit were credit is due, Trump (and his team) have got the concessions he wanted and hopefully this will signal the deescalation of the trade war that was on the horizon.

I think this attitude that you either think Trump is all bad or all good needs to end personally.

I dont actually assume anyone is ALL this or ALL that. its a delusional premise to assume you know a persons stance without asking first. you should think about that next time you want tell someone what they think and then assume you are ina position to tell them what to do.,

my post you responded to was meant to be provocative.
by your response it worked.

thanks for playing

quoted because ad hominem needs to stop. some tool accuses me of pushing an ALL in Narrative which in fact I didnt and never have.
dont push false narratives like its wisdom.
just because some cant take a joke does not make your judgements about others true. some here are quoting out of context and pretending that they care about Leftists Or Righties having this "He is all Good or All Bad" but I have yet to see a single poster that claims to be above such things point that comment leveled at a presumed without thought or evidence "ALL in Rightie" ever confront their own with such accusations.

quit trying to derail the thread and stick to commenting on the OP.

but so you know, I am on no ones side, Did I vote the guy in? sure

Did I do it because Im a republican? no

Did I do it because I think the left has lost any sense of reality or civility? yes

Did I use propaganda to influence a few hundred thousand Americans during 2016? yes

Do I continue to Harass the left for their single minded comments and regurgitated Hatred? yes

Do I enjoy pointing out their self perceived Intellectual Virtue has no basis in fact for laughs? YES

DO I feel that I am harming Unity by attacking those who have already chosen Their Truth is the Only Truth? no

Why is that? because I dont attack those whose posts show reason, and it will be those with reason that have the power to end the Division

Talking about being above all that.

How in the world are you going to bridge the gap between the left and the right, it doesnt matter if your either. The attittude that is prevailling on ATS just pushes people further apart.

Otherside actully praised Trump.

He's still being ripped a new one.

The motto used to be deny ignorange.

If we cant have civil discussion here, with people who are allegedly "awake" what chance is there for people being spoonfed MSM narratives.

It's like what was said.

Some people LOVE the divide and be able to show how superior they are. They seem to cherish it more than they'r country actually doing better.

Sorry minrant over. Just sad to see people on this board i respect act exactly the same as everybody else and actually expect things to be diffrent.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What a coward, talks tough on twitter then changes his tune when meeting face to face with someone from the EU.

Trump v Juncker: US President in showdown with EU amid fears of $20billion trade tariffs

He wrote: "The European Union is coming to Washington tomorrow to negotiate a deal on Trade. I have an idea for them. "Both the US and the E.U. drop all Tariffs, Barriers and Subsidies! That would finally be called Free Market and Fair Trade! Hope they do it, we are ready - but they won't!"

But in a shock move, the US President said he hopes to work out a fair and reciprocal trade deal between the United States and Europe as he welcomed the head of the European Commission to the White House for talks.

Trump, EU leader agree to talks on lowering trade barriers - will hold off on further tariffs, for now

In the end, Trump agreed to resolve arguments over the steel and aluminum tariffs he introduced to European dismay earlier this year, to scrap any other planned penalties and to join in a dialogue with Brussels on enhancing trade. The EU will work to ease U.S. imports, including soybeans and natural gas.

Title is wrong, it was Trump who gave in. LMAO

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: DJW001

So wait the MSM is trying to spin it as bad as they can for Trump? WOW..They never do that..

Reliable source LOLOLOL..

Thread title is exactly right and the they caved, You know it they know it everybody knows it lol..

No they did not. Trump imposed tariffs. The EU responded with further tariffs. Juncker came to Washington to get Trump to drop the tariffs. Trump caved, and the retaliatory tariffs were dropped. No pre-existing tariffs or regulations have been removed. Now the negotiations begin, with Trump in the weaker position because he has over promised. The EU will probably insist on Trump making agreements unfavorable to Britain.
edit on 25-7-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I would definitely wait until the deal is signed and posted publicly before throwing any victory parties.

We already have a pretty large disparity between the two parties on what was done today.
edit on 25-7-2018 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think your right.

Although I am pretty sure you and I will disagree one how favourably the history books will look upon Trump I do think that the first draft of history is often the roughest and toughest on its actors.

I know one thing.

I really want to read the books that are going to come out a few years after his time as POTUS ends because I think its going to make for some very interesting reading.

edit on 25-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

So wait the MSM is trying to spin it as bad as they can for Trump? WOW..They never do that..

Thread title is exactly right and the they caved, You know it they know it everybody knows it lol..

The EU will probably insist on Trump making agreements unfavorable to Britain.

Unfavorable to Britain? which is called Caving. glad to see you agree with the OP

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

Otherside actully praised Trump.

He's still being ripped a new one.

And I was lax, trying to keep up with the thread while working... so let me say it now:

OtherSideOfTheCoin, you have exhibited an amazingly open mind and civil attitude in this thread. That has been sorely lacking. You, sir, are a gentleman and I thank you.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The EU will probably insist on Trump making agreements unfavorable to Britain.

Unfavorable to Britain? which is called Caving. glad to see you agree with the OP

Is today Opposite Day or what?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

President Trump's 2020 Reelection Slogan should be .........

" I Don't # Around People ! "

..............)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

President Trump's 2020 Reelection Slogan should be

Snipping off Clinton Again!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The reality is Trump is slowly backing out of his stupid threats.

The EU told him to go F___ himself they were going to gang up on him so he backed down
He didn’t win a thing. He was beaten down just like he was beaten down in his immigration plan separating kids from their parents.

HE HAS LOST!

Again

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: matafuchs

President Trump's 2020 Reelection Slogan should be .........

" I Don't # Around People ! "

..............)

Should be " I don't f**k around people" when I am on Twitter but when we are face to face, I will cave and give them what they want. LMAO

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

That was the whole point to begin with and why Trump imposed tariffs. To make the EU come to the table to discuss a better and level playing field.

Still lots of negotiations to go but straight from the Art of the Deal, demand the impossible, ask for the outrageous, negotiate, and appear to compromise and get what you want.

Everything appears as of today that it worked as they are talking and I can see each side stepping away with something they want. Better than what it is now and that is the goal.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

His ( As You Say ) Threats , are just Part of the Art Of the Deal . The Man is on a Roll , he Eventually gets What he Wants because he is Betting with a Full House............RAISE.......

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

President Trump's 2020 Reelection Slogan should be

Snipping off Clinton Again!

No it should be "Hey I know I lied before but you can trust me now" or "I know I am only twitter tough and cave in when face to face but not this time around...Honest. "

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: damonster

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Starting to see his supporters twisting their view of reality into Trump is strong and tough and got what he wanted.

While the rest of the world sees a coward who caves when face to face with people he is trying to intimidate.

They are seeing him win, even though we all see him caving into demands from EU. crazy world we live in when Trumpsters see something completely different than the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

...or, you could just say "let's revisit our trade agreements'" and proceed like adults. Instead, he blustered, caved, and put himself in a weak negotiating position.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Or , The President Takes the EU And Britain to the Cleaners with a Trade Deal that is Very Favorable to the United States . Shoe on the Other Foot Time sort of speak...............)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join