It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU gives in to Trump to avoid trade war...more winning!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It was quick but it sorta shows how unlevel the playing field actually is.

I just watched the press conference and while there are agreements to end retaliatory tariffs and preliminary agreements for the EU to purchase more liquid gas from the US, which makes more sense than a purchase from Russia, who so many agree is at the least an adversary, why support them.

It is still a long road ahead to make sure everyone, including some of the burgeoning EU communities benefit, but I think this puts us a lot closer to something more beneficial to all.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Their suicide rate has been increasing in the past two years. Will post the statistics later on.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutisticEvo

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: AutisticEvo

Cant wait for the Left's response to this thread. all I am hearing is shocked silence so far

I am on the left.

No shocked silence from me, credit were credit is due, Trump (and his team) have got the concessions he wanted and hopefully this will signal the deescalation of the trade war that was on the horizon.

I think this attitude that you either think Trump is all bad or all good needs to end personally.

I dont actually assume anyone is ALL this or ALL that. its a delusional premise to assume you know a persons stance without asking first. you should think about that next time you want tell someone what they think and then assume you are ina position to tell them what to do.,

my post you responded to was meant to be provocative.
by your response it worked.

thanks for playing

quoted because ad hominem needs to stop. some tool accuses me of pushing an ALL in Narrative which in fact I didnt and never have.
dont push false narratives like its wisdom.
just because some cant take a joke does not make your judgements about others true. some here are quoting out of context and pretending that they care about Leftists Or Righties having this "He is all Good or All Bad" but I have yet to see a single poster that claims to be above such things point that comment leveled at a presumed without thought or evidence "ALL in Rightie" ever confront their own with such accusations.

quit trying to derail the thread and stick to commenting on the OP.

but so you know, I am on no ones side, Did I vote the guy in? sure

Did I do it because Im a republican? no

Did I do it because I think the left has lost any sense of reality or civility? yes

Did I use propaganda to influence a few hundred thousand Americans during 2016? yes

Do I continue to Harass the left for their single minded comments and regurgitated Hatred? yes

Do I enjoy pointing out their self perceived Intellectual Virtue has no basis in fact for laughs? YES

DO I feel that I am harming Unity by attacking those who have already chosen Their Truth is the Only Truth? no

Why is that? because I dont attack those whose posts show reason, and it will be those with reason that have the power to end the Division

edit on 25-7-2018 by AutisticEvo because: your education

edit on 25-7-2018 by AutisticEvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: notsure1

Their suicide rate has been increasing in the past two years. Will post the statistics later on.

Really don't see how this is relevant....

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

I just watched the press conference and while there are agreements to end retaliatory tariffs and preliminary agreements for the EU to purchase more liquid gas from the US, which makes more sense than a purchase from Russia, who so many agree is at the least an adversary, why support them.

I would feel much better if we were getting our gas from America rather than Russia, it just makes us too venerable so if we start using more US gas thats got to be a good thing for us too.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Stop colluding with Russia then dammit!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Sorry...I updated the OP

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
As I was looking for threads of me criticizing Trump lol I saw one I posted of Larry flynt offering 10 million$ for dirt on Trump.

And they still dont have shi... I forgot all about that.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AutisticEvo

errr ok then.

Feel better getting that off your chest?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Got NK to meet with SK at border.
Met with NK. Check.
Called out UN. Check.
Called out NATO. Check
Called out G7. Check
Called out Mexico. Check
Called out Canada. Check
Took gas sales from Russia. Check.
Called out China. Check.
Next up.....NAFTA!

For someone the MSM says does not know what the fark he is doing and has not surrounded himself with the best people that is a lot done in a very very short time.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I agree and I for one wish Nestle America would burn to the ground so we actually have a choice of British chocolates, so much better. I think it will benefit both sides as far as LPG.

And I for one welcome opinions from everyone so don't be silenced by the few. Different opinions are what leads us to compromise. It classic Art of the Deal, make outrageous demands, don't back down, be ready to compromise and get something you want or need. He is not perfect, I know that but he has made some moves that are working

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

I agree and I for one wish Nestle America would burn to the ground so we actually have a choice of British chocolates, so much better. I think it will benefit both sides as far as LPG.

Totally off-topic I know.

but I absolutely hate the American influence on our cuisine, not just Nestle but more so fast food chains.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I never quoted myself but hey there is always a first time... I said this a couple of hours before this was released...lol

Trump likes to come off the top rope and then deal...its called bargaining chip. Huge tariffs could effect us a good deal, BUT they will also affect the other countries a good deal too. Trump is dealing with life long politicians that see themselves as head fryer at BK if they screw this up, Trump on the other hand will go back to being Trump no matter what happens.

They will come to the table and deal, and that deal will be better for the US than if Trump just did it all without the risk of big tariffs.

Winning

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

This is good news.

Will wait to see (just for fun) how the media and pundits can negatively spin this.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

President Donald Trump on Wednesday secured concessions from Europe, averting a trade war, the Dow Jones News Wire reported, citing a European Union official. The report came shortly before Trump and European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker were scheduled to brief the press at a joint conference in the White House Rose Garden. The market rallied on the news. The Dow Jones Industrial Average popped Wednesday afternoon, rising about half a percent. The Europeans agreed to lower industrial tariffs and import more U.S. soybeans, Dow Jones reported. Trump said earlier on Wednesday said he hoped "to work something out on a fair trade deal with Europe."

See that there. Where's the big fancy thread laying out all the pre-existing tariffs against US before Trump started up this game? Either trade was fair before, or it wasnt, but I've yet to see the sizzle / steam laying out what was to make the case for / against all this trade war jazz.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Worst "dictatorship" and "police state" EVER!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Worst "dictatorship" and "police state" EVER!

Ahhh!

there's the talking points!

Trump failed

at tanking the economy!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

"According to an official in the room." Let's wait for an announcement from Juncker.

Might take some time, he will have to sober up first!!!

Hope Teresa May takes a leaf out of Trumps book on how to be tough then

Brexit may finally get some where.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump failed

But Trump haters never met a failure they didn't like until the 2016 election.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I would feel much better if we were getting our gas from America rather than Russia, it just makes us too venerable

Really ?
Too venerable ?
How does one become too venerable ?
I am old and wise due to being old.
I would like to be seen as too venerable one day.

Just to lighten the mood.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join