It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU gives in to Trump to avoid trade war...more winning!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I know ! This place is totally cray cray these days !

I am not sure if it's the trump effect...mandella effect or what ! But between the Q -tips , the Breitbarts and the Hannityspeak the ignorance is no longer being denied.
Some days I just can't even......

You are spot on

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Yup, plus 98% of tariffs had already been agreed to be phased out prior to Trump's election and trade war. Meanwhile people cheer paying more for less. Post-truth era is a scary place.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Yup, plus 98% of tariffs had already been agreed to be phased out prior to Trump's election and trade war. Meanwhile people cheer paying more for less. Post-truth era is a scary place.

Nailed it
Post - truth -era

Frightening times indeed

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
This place is unreal. Trump didn't 'win' anything here, all that happened was he agreed to discuss ongoing deals with the EU and cancel his threat to impose tariffs on EU car imports. And somehow the Trump Cultists parade this is a terrific vast victory for Trump. Just... unreal.

All you have to do is ask the Question.

What did Trump want? and what did Trump get? he got what he wanted.

So MAGA wins again..

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: soundguy

Magats and morons...

I assume you mean maggots. Irony.

Combine MAGA and maggots, and you have magats

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

You must be talking about the trade deal that Obama couldn't get passed. The deal that even Hillary backtracked on. The deal that was never going to pass? That's the only 98% I see and that deal was dead before it even got off the ground.

That deal also ensured a continued massive trade debt that would continue to destroy the US middle class and the sovereignty of our nation.

The TPP was a deal to sell the soul of America to the corporations who wrote it.

How can you claim a dead deal that almost no one supported was going to happen anyway?

The difference between Obama and Trump. Obama made deals to enrich his globalist corporate Oligarchs. Trump is making deals to enrich US based business and the US middle class. MAGA.

edit on 26-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You know what.... you trump supporters have not done a jot of research have you?

You listen to the ill informed comments of a half demented showman, and think its the gospel.

The US agriculture industry has long exported far more products than the nation has imported. Selling crops, nuts, meat and other goods abroad are vital part of the sector, with more than 20% of agricultural production sent abroad. That has led to a trade surplus, which totaled $20.3 billion in fiscal 2017 and is projected to grow to $22.5 billion in this fiscal year, according to the US Department of Agriculture.

Trump, however, has repeatedly said that American farmers are suffering under bad trade deals with other countries. His solution to help them and other industries? Slap tariffs on imports, which has prompted other countries to retaliate by doing the same to American products.

Once US farmers are priced outthe market, other countries rush in. Already, Brazil is boosting its soybean exports to China. And once new trade partnerships are established. One out the market and replaced by other, probably cheaper providers it may be tough for American farmers to return.

The facts of how things work and the likely impact clearly dont feature on your very small, US flag painted radars. Meanwhile the champion of MAGA is having all his 2020 promo materials made in China. Wake up sheeple your being had!
edit on 26-7-2018 by blackrabbit1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: blackrabbit1

Can you provide any evidence that its Trump having those printed?

Also, are you familiar with The Chicken War? You can thank that little trade war for us paying $50k for a pickup that is only worth $20k

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

www.youtube.com...

www.theguardian.com...

Its a shame his faith in the strong and powerful manufacturers of the USA does not go beyond the rhetoric, being robbed and raped by him as well it seems.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Painterz
This place is unreal. Trump didn't 'win' anything here, all that happened was he agreed to discuss ongoing deals with the EU and cancel his threat to impose tariffs on EU car imports. And somehow the Trump Cultists parade this is a terrific vast victory for Trump. Just... unreal.

All you have to do is ask the Question.

What did Trump want? and what did Trump get? he got what he wanted.

What did he get?

Seriously?

The EU was already buying more soybeans from the US because farmers are willing to sell at a loss rather than let crops rot in storage.

So Trump got US Farmers a fire-sale?

At best, they are still losing, which is why he gave them 12 Billion of OUR money to try and protect his party politically for the mid-terms.

Did Trump want US Farmers to go on welfare due to his trade war?

Welfare that he had to revive a 100 year old law to enact (circumventing congress), because he knew his own party in Congress would rail against it?

What did Trump get and want again?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I still find it hard to believe that most folks didn't see the goal of his initial tariffs all along. Many here said it. It was a scare tactic, to get our economic rivals to the table, and be able to negotiate from a position of strength, as the world's largest economy, instead of being the global doormat.

Many here even mentioned this back when they were first announced, but man, the libs are still stirring like ants under a rock when it's lifted.

Will it work?

Time will tell, but at least it's something different. Trying the same old thing was NOT working, that much was for sure. Get ready, as we're going to see the same thing with China soon too.

As far as the "farmer welfare" issue, etc., some of these effects were bound to be short-term issues. I honestly doubt any of these tariffs were intended to be long term. Again though, time will tell if this gambit actually pays off.

Personally, I'm skeptical, but hopeful.
edit on 26-7-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: blackrabbit1

Can you provide any evidence that its Trump having those printed?

‘Trump 2020’ campaign banners are being proudly produced in . . . China?
www.marketwatch.com...

a factory manager said Trump’s campaign suppliers appear to be trying to get their orders in before potential tariffs cause the price to rise.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

That is evidence that some flags are being produced in China.

Where is the evidence that Trump is the one having them produced?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1

www.youtube.com...

www.theguardian.com...

Its a shame his faith in the strong and powerful manufacturers of the USA does not go beyond the rhetoric, being robbed and raped by him as well it seems.

The source is some Chinese dude saying that they are Trumps?

No purchase orders? Bank transactions? Anything to show who contracted the work and paid the purchase order?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Probably right. I see auto correct made a mess outta that one. Don’t put much time into these and don’t proof them. Why bother, magats can’t read or comprehend them anyway. Like yourself for instance, you don’t seem quite keen enough to read past the obvious auto corrected words and grasp the post. Oh btw here’s some more winning.www.cbsnews.com... a reply to: Middleoftheroad

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

That is the most pathetic defense i have heard yet...... regardless of who ordered it, its the principle that counts.

I am assuming here that principles matter, and if you are going to have the balls to champion your own country you would at least use their products, rather than think of the bottom line and profit or cost, which is why the world buys stuff from China

I hope you see where I am going with this?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: soberbacchus

That is evidence that some flags are being produced in China.

Where is the evidence that Trump is the one having them produced?

Right.

So it is just his "Campaign Suppliers" but if Trump knew about it he would have a fit?
He doesn't read the AP or anything!

And forget about how his entire personal clothing line was and is manufactured in China?

The idea that he personally ascribes to "Made in America" beyond it's pandering utility is disputed by reality.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
With this news the Dow jumped 150 points. More winning for the president.
Way to go Mr President.

Ok, so whats the new agreement then? Surely you're not going to claim victory because papa Trump told you he was mailing you rainbows and puppies. I mean, I should hope a claim of victory is actually backed up by some real actions or actual wording of agreements, wouldn't you agree?

For the record the only thing that's occurred is an agreement to work out their disagreements. If anyone was gullible enough to buy that as a slam dunk success then I've got a whole nation of bridges to sell you.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

For the record the only thing that's occurred is an agreement to work out their disagreements. If anyone was gullible enough to buy that as a slam dunk success then I've got a whole nation of bridges to sell you.

Call the whitehouse. Trump is buying!!
edit on 26-7-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join