It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU gives in to Trump to avoid trade war...more winning!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
With this news the Dow jumped 150 points. More winning for the president.

Link

President Donald Trump on Wednesday secured concessions from Europe, averting a trade war, the Dow Jones News Wire reported, citing a European Union official. The report came shortly before Trump and European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker were scheduled to brief the press at a joint conference in the White House Rose Garden. The market rallied on the news. The Dow Jones Industrial Average popped Wednesday afternoon, rising about half a percent. The Europeans agreed to lower industrial tariffs and import more U.S. soybeans, Dow Jones reported. Trump said earlier on Wednesday said he hoped "to work something out on a fair trade deal with Europe."

Over and over he is doubted and the media drags him in the mud. The headlines after he said this were all doom and gloom.

Way to go Mr President.
edit on Julpm31pmf0000002018-07-25T16:08:00-05:000400 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Gotta Link?

I'd like to read more on the topic

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Good news if its accurate.

Only thing that would make me question this slightly is that its seems rather quick. One of the biggest problems with the EU is that its so bureaucratic that stuff like this would usually take months to sort out and get full agreement on.

Still if it avoids a trade war

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The WH is asking journalists to come on in for a presser.

Winning.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Link

looks legit

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the news, btw I like the old cat....

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
That's great. Finally a President trying to put America first. Trump is a refreshing change to Obama who destroyed so much

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
America first.. LOL the left must be losing their minds.. Trump right again Morons wrong again..

Thats Trump 223 idiots -2 LOl

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I had a feeling the only reason he was pushing for tariffs was to put political and economic pressure on the world in order to push them into a corner to open up negotiations.

plus the EU had a bad counter to begin with ie tariffs on Peanut butter and Whiskey? are you kidding me?

"If you want to deprive yourselves of a PB&J and your hot toddys when you get sick....be my guest"

Cant wait for the Left's response to this thread. all I am hearing is shocked silence so far

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AutisticEvo

Cant wait for the Left's response to this thread. all I am hearing is shocked silence so far

I am on the left.

No shocked silence from me, credit were credit is due, Trump (and his team) have got the concessions he wanted and hopefully this will signal the deescalation of the trade war that was on the horizon.

I think this attitude that you either think Trump is all bad or all good needs to end personally.

edit on 25-7-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

your thread title should of been "Trump grabs EU by the P#$$Y!"

just had to put that out there

link   
trump just keeps showing how weak the rest of the world really is. And they need us alot more than we need them.

None of them have any balls.

link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

He lives!

More elusive than Saddams wmd's.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

all I am hearing is shocked silence so far

"According to an official in the room." Let's wait for an announcement from Juncker.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutisticEvo

Great thread title.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

There is no country in the world that can blackmail America again.

We have returned to the values that made us great!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
That's the thing with trade wars. Everybody talks big and predicts doom & gloom, but that's just posturing for the cameras. What you really need to look at is: Are they talking? And we've been talking, so I'm not surprised that something has (hopefully) been worked out. China is taking longer, because we can't push them around like we can Europe, but we're talking with them too, so it's likely we'll work something out eventually.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: AutisticEvo

Great thread title.

#Europetoo

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
President Trump is announcing the new trade deals right now.
edit on 7/25/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I am on the left.

No shocked silence from me, credit were credit is due, Trump (and his team) have got the concessions he wanted and hopefully this will signal the deescalation of the trade war that was on the horizon.

I think this attitude that you either think Trump is all bad or all good needs to end personally.

I dont actually assume anyone is ALL this or ALL that. its a delusional premise to assume you know a persons stance without asking first. you should think about that next time you want tell someone what they think and then assume you are ina position to tell them what to do.,

my post you responded to was meant to be provocative.
by your response it worked.

thanks for playing

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join