It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish Gripen Fighter Bombed A Forest Fire Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The Swedish Air Force bombed a forest fire today. It's an attempt to stop the fire from spreading. Fire fighters from all over Europe are in Sweden right now to help fight the flames.

A Swedish Air Force Gripen Fighter Jet Just Literally Bombed A Forest Fire

On July 25, 2018, a JAS 39C Gripen fighter jet from the Swedish Air Force’s F 17 wing dropped a single 500-pound class GBU-49/B Paveway precision-guided bomb on a part of the burning forest.

“Our view is that the fire is unique and because of this we must use unconventional extinguishing methods.”

Polish firefighters travelling thru Sweden to fight wildfires up north

Firefighters Across Europe Rush to Help Sweden Battle Blazes

Forty-four fire engines from Poland were met with applause when they arrived, with Swedes waving Polish flags as the vehicles drove north before arriving in Sveg in Harjedalen county in central Sweden on Sunday evening, according to local media. "Dziekuje to all Polish firefighters" was the headline in the Expressen newspaper, thanking them in their own language.

Sweden faces 'extreme' fire risk in coming days

Sweden is experiencing an unprecedented drought and soaring temperatures which have reached the highest in a century. "The risk is extreme" in the southern part of Sweden, where temperatures were expected to reach 35 Celsius (95 Fahrenheit) in coming days, with no rain likely

I hope there were no animals (or fire fighters) where that bomb hit, but they may have fled already.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

Fight fire with fire.

If the RAF did that they'd stop arsonists in one run.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Nuke it and all it a day.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Damn!

Did they miss the Knight King?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

The area bombed is a target-practice area that contains undetonated shells, so no personell has been on the ground - only waterbombing with a few safty restriction (I believe the safety area is a 1000 meters in every direction, including upwards) that has made it less effective.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
A different video, showing the explosion

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Need to use air fuel bombs...sucks all the O2 out of the air....

edit on 25-7-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Unfortunately, I can't see that video. BBC Worldwide has blocked it in this country. "Thank you" BBC Worldwide (except Denmark). Anyway, I know the concept of air fuel bombs.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Need to use air fuel bombs...sucks all the O2 out of the air....

The first time those bombs were used to my knowledge was around Phenom Penn Cambodia. As Cambodia fell all sorts of new weapons were being tested instead of going in a stopping the Kramer by invasion.. Nam had soured any more wars but the R& D boys thought Cambodia was a great opportunity for testing the latest gadgets. Some of the reports I heard was the weapon would even clear out the network of tunnels as it sucked all the oxygen out of the area for some distance.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The bomb extinguished the fires within a 100 meter radius. There's an election in Sweden soon, and they also want to sell this fighter.

Polish firefighter-heroes are still fighting wildfires in Sweden. Are they trying to influence the Swedish election?

edit on Sun 29 Jul 2018 by Hellmutt because: Ee-i-ee-i-oh!

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Gotland

Maybe Sweden is secretly at war? Bombing forests and all. "Lightning strikes" have knocked out the power to Gotland. If you dial 911, no one will reply. Their phones are dead, and internet too. They can't even reply to an email you may send to them, in order to call for help.

Strömlöst på hela Gotland (in Swedish)

"Sedan klockan nio imorse har det varit strömlöst på hela Gotland. Orsaken tros vara att blixten har slagit ned i en kraftledning som har gjort det svårt att hålla ihop nätet.
– Vi har sedan imorse haft strömlöst på den södra sidan på grund av åska"

Slite vårdcentral på Gotland har drabbats och kan varken svara i telefon eller på e-post

Google translate:

"Since nine o'clock it has been powerless throughout Gotland. The reason is thought that the flash has fallen into a power cord that made it difficult to keep the network together.
"Since then we have been powerless on the south side because of thunder,""

Slite Health Center in Gotland has suffered and can not respond by phone or by e-mail

City fires

While firefighters from all over Europe are busy in the Swedish forests, fires appear in Swedish cities. Coincidence? Who's to blame? There's an election coming up soon! Reichstag fires?

"Våldsam brand i industri – misstänkt mordbrand" (in Swedish)

På sin hemsida uppger räddningstjänsten att det råder stor rasrisk på platsen, vilket kan komplicera arbetet med eftersläckningen.

Google translate:

On his website, the rescue service states that there is a high risk of race at the site, which can complicate the work of the aftermath.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
JAS Gripen Crash

A JAS Gripen fighter jet has just crashed in Sweden after striking a bird. The pilot managed to eject and survived.

JUST NU: Jas-plan har kraschat (in Swedish)

join