It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like a Soviet-type economy': GOP free traders unload on Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yup the only gop members not total trump lap dogs..

Where the hell does the gop go after trump?!!!

Back to being the morality party??? BWAHAHAHA

Back to being the free trade party???

They have no other troll his caliber to replace him..
edit on 25-7-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: neo96

And every penny of the TARP was paid back early or is that fake news?

The U.S. government essentially closed the books on TARP with a $15.3 billion profit.

money.cnn.com...

Back to hating Comrade Trumpkinsky.

link   
a reply to: Muninn

I might just take up golf then

Or maybe join a Masonic order

link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Muninn

One of my best

I truly believe it.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Zcustosmorum

You might be right.

I might move to Scotland

We have Tory scum in charge, I wouldn't recommend it right now

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

You shouldn’t think it is too funny..

Not after the UK sub contract their military needs to the US..

If trump or someone like him decides to back away from the UK yall do not have a military able to step in and replace the US..

That was the deal after WW2..

Yeah, the fear mongering is bullsh*t mate and the sooner Trident and the like are out of this country, the better

edit on -180002018-07-25T12:36:51-05:000000005131201851072018Wed, 25 Jul 2018 12:36:51 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

So what you are saying is the DNC , MSM, and the GOP hate trump.

Crap, maybe I will vote for Trump next time since all the right people hate him

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) said Trump is giving farmers “golden crutches,” while Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) said “this bailout compounds bad policy with more bad policy.” Toomey and GOP Sens. Jeff Flake of Arizona and Bob Corker of Tennessee said their legislation to tie the president’s hands on tariffs should pick up new steam now that the Trump administration is distorting the market. “This is what we feared all along, that these markets would be replaced by handouts,” Flake said. “You lose some of these markets, you lose them for good or a long time.” “You put people in the poorhouse and provide them aid. What you need to do is not put them in the poorhouse,” Corker said. "They put in place a policy that requires farmers to go on welfare." After Senate Republicans met privately on Tuesday, Corker fumed over the lack of response to the president's trade polices from the Republican Congress. "It's hard to believe there's not an outright revolt in Congress," he said. The frustration was shared by House Republicans. Rep. Dave Reichert of Washington, who chairs a subcommittee on trade, said the policy might be helpful to farmers in the short term but that it does little to preserve market access lost due to tariffs.

Trump is clearly a self-destructive force.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

If Obama was doing this would you support it?

Of course, you wouldn’t

You’d call it liberal left wing and despise it

I'd have supported tariffs on foreign imports had Obama put them in place. The tariffs pay the bill for this...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

You’re not thinking straight.

Look at issues at face value, not trends that don’t mean anything.

If x hates y then y is great yet y is the devil

Bad formula bad thinking

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You might be right.

I might move to Scotland

Do it, MAGA!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Soviet Style would continuing running trade deficits and ignoring it.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

You’re not thinking straight.

Look at issues at face value, not trends that don’t mean anything.

If x hates y then y is great yet y is the devil

Bad formula bad thinking

We don't know the facts behind the scenes , but we are aware that X,Y and Z have been lying to us , robbing us blind and getting us to global conflicts for decades in the pursuit of money and power. So it might be worth trying to break the cycle and get away from insanity and try something different.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
'free trade' Will never be equally sided by two countries with differing laws. Want wage increase here in America well then you have to buy things made in America.

In order for a trade to be a profitable prospect for all parties involved, they must be equal in labor, wage, and regulatory laws. When we import more than we export there is a reason that occurs.

Our manufacturers cannot compete under the boot of our laws while competing against countries that give there companies free reign to pay and polute whatever they want to.

In addition, many foreign governments assign a value to their currency whereas the us dollar is valued by supply and demand and speculation of supply and demand and a plethora of factors occurring throughout the world.

In order for wage growth and health of the US economy these tariffs and better trade agreements must be made else wage growth will stagnate (as it has for several decades) because companies will buy elsewhere if it's more profitable.

in addition, foreign trade stifles innovation by main street America. It's shocking to see big companies gaming Congress and foreign laws while having the boots firmly placed on the neck of main street America.

What is fair about buying a widget from China for 2 dollars with free shipping and manufacturers here in the us cannot ever ship a widget for 2.00 much less ship it for that.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Let’s lose our # over 12B we’re living in pretend land where BHO didn’t write a Trillion dollar check to the big banks.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

From the good ole' farm subsidies

The United States paid allegedly around $20 billion in 2005 to farmers in direct subsidies as "farm income stabilization"[12][13][14] via farm bills. In 2010 the overall agricultural subsidies were $172 billion,including financial support for product prices.[15] These bills pre-date the economic turmoil of the Great Depression with the 1922 Grain Futures Act, the 1929 Agricultural Marketing Act, and the 1933 Agricultural Adjustment Act creating a tradition of government support.

This is nothing new and frankly a drop in the bucket.

I don't agree with it, but it is not new.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

The guy in putins back pocket is pushing a Soviet style economy?!?!

You don’t say.. lol

LOL, Josh, I thought that the left doesn't engage in propaganda, or spin. It's the honest party, the party all the intellectuals are part of.

I'm guessing the response will be hyperbole isn't propaganda.

Edit: I forgot scientists. All intellectuals, and scientists are part of the left.... which is fact, I looked it upsource
edit on 25-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So hilarious seeing High School anti-Trumpers in the same thread together, probably go to the same school 🤣

Nothing in this thread is worthy of an actual conversation, just the good'ole point and laugh because that's literally all there is to do here.

Leftist, smh lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I thought that the left doesn't engage in propaganda

The legalized it.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Unfortunately some people dont think beyond the knee jerk.....www.bbc.co.uk...

What happen when companies profits decline?....They lay off staff.

When you have an idiot who does not understand the consequences of words and actions, the results are going to be pretty dire. People will only believe that everything is great for so long........I hope!
edit on 25-7-2018 by blackrabbit1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

That happened when the US bailed out the banks ( 2008 )and then bought back the toxic assets. You've had a Corporatocracy since you were in nappies - try again

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join