It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA reveal , liquid water lake beneath polar ice cap

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

I have watched this three times, I enjoyed the blend between science now and science future!
based on what we predict will happen!

I really enjoyed the series especially tying it into private firms like space x
it gives ordinary people hope that space travel will only be for the rich and famous !

We need to make space travel open source to everyone and not just financial and political elite !

We really need private companies making Pioneer ships and just send people there once we have the tech to survive long term!
Id go , I already asked both NASA and ESA when I was 16 if they'd let me give my life to science and be the first man on mars ! They declined !

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

This is a great find.

Currently the headline on BBC News website.

Isn't there a theory that life on earth originated on Mars many, many years and some sort of inter-planetary cross-pollination occurred via a meteor or something?

I know any discovering of microbial life on Mars would be of staggering importance both scientifically but also anthropologically.
But I think those who seem to think it would be proof positive of abiogenesis could be wide of the mark. Sure, it'd make it more likely, probably even the most likeliest scenario granted the information available.....but still not definitive proof.

edit on 25/7/18 by Freeborn because: It seems I am now incapable of writing a single post without it containing at least one spelling mistake, typo or grammatical error!

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Do you have the coordinates.. I want to check something out

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Is the liquid water wet?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Drque

Wetness is the ability of a liquid to adhere to the surface of a solid, so when we say that something is wet, we mean that the liquid is sticking to the surface of a material.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: sapien82

Our magneto sphere is not created by our iron core. It is created by the layer directly outside of that. I’ll try to find a link

youtu.be...
Thanks for the video link Woodcarver.
If I understand it correctly this spinning sodium sphere experiment has yet to generate its own magnetic field. To me this seems like evidence that you cannot self generate a magnetic field in such a way yet these scientists are undaunted, Yea! Go scientists.

Professor Dan Lathrop in the video, 4:35+ mark, claims we need an infinitesimal amount of current, a tickle as he calls it, to start the current/magnetic field loop which then creates stronger currents and stronger magnetic fields. He later states that he doesn't care where this "tickle", electric current, comes from. Very disappointing in my opinion, the origin of this initial "tickle" could very well pave the way to understanding our magnetosphere.
Original video link;

I wonder if Dan Lathrop has ever considered electromagnetic induction as a potential cause? Here is a very basic explanation to EM induction;

As the Earth moves through the Sun's heliosphere an electric current is induced. We now this because this current has been measured in the space above Earth between 10^5-10^7 Amps, that's a lot of current! This current is also known for producing the Earth's auroras and recent evidence shows it affects atmospheric lightning.

The question I have is why hasn't this been discussed in experiments like this?
Is it possible that the solar wind is responsible, in part at least, for Earth's magnetic field? Could this be the origin of the "tickle" Dan talks about?

For more info; Electric Currents in Outer Space Run the Show
Maybe I'll bite the bullet and buy the book from that previous link, $250;
Electric Currents in Geospace and Beyond
edit on 7/25/2018 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Devino

where could the tickle come from ?

The easiest place to look is in the solar system itself at the host star !
I think it does more than tickle planets as you said , its constantly bombarded by energy and particles
there must be a period in the development of the planet where a potential energy is reached and the spark of life as it were
is given to the planet by passing around the sun , possibly when earth was being bombarded by extra solar material as well as solar material from the accretion disc of the sun during the earliest stages of the development of the solar system.

all that water from comets and minerals from impactors , we know the earth was hit multiple times , so the sun basically cooked it all up and gave it life through the transfer or electrical current , charging the earth into a state of magnetic flux
resulting in the growth of the megnetosphere !

Sorry I jumped in right early and replied then realised youd said exactly that!

nice thinking
edit on 25-7-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Hey I think this paper is up the same street !

Defining and Resolving Current Systems in Geospace

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Hey I think this paper is up the same street !

Defining and Resolving Current Systems in Geospace
Thank you. I'll read it when I have more time. I have tons of questions and thoughts pertaining to this subject yet if ATS has taught me anything it's to read more and speculate less.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Interesting conversations going on here.

On a related note to the stellar induction talk.

You guys remember that we used to use "vacuum tubes" right?

Now we have transistors that are more or less, made of sand. (SiO2 + Processing, crystallization, trace metals, and lithographic burning etc...)

But the thing is, Vacuum tubes did the same job, and functioned such that a large enough potential energy difference would jump the vacuum gap.

I see no reason why planets would be immune to similar behavior, considering the space between them and their host star is... well... vacuum.

I wonder how often you get planetoid/star electrical arcs?

I hope a smarty pants scientist figures out how much debris we would need between us and the sun, to lower the threshold for such an event.

Who knows? Maybe with just a few busted up asteroids, we can make a chain of low resistance, and force that "tickle" to go where we want it.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

I wonder the same.
I’m leaning towards them being in the know, but to keep themselves relevant, they release a little bit of this treasure trove of information bit by bit every year.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Great news
How about the Jovian moons for future visits ?

edit on 25-7-2018 by Cassi3l because: link fail

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Just read an interesting article about this, here’s an excerpt:

“It would be a very problematic place to go, because it would be under the special regions for planetary protection,” she says, referring to the UN regulations aimed at preventing interplanetary contamination of habitable environments.”
Link
I had no idea this regulation existed.
Makes sense but to advance our understanding of the planets around us, I feel some of these regs need to be bent a little.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This annoys me.

I mean, seriously. What else do you think you were going to find on the periphery of a giant ice mass.

I mean....duh? As it gets warmer (Towards the equator), there has to be a point where it'll be liquid.

What else were we "going to find"? Not really a surprise imho

Edit: BREAKING NEWS - Scientists say the giant yellow thing in the sky is actually "The Sun".

edit on 25-7-2018 by CaptainBeno because: More cheek

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
a reply to: wildespace

Do you have the coordinates.. I want to check something out

193°E/81°S

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
This annoys me.

I mean, seriously. What else do you think you were going to find on the periphery of a giant ice mass.

I mean....duh? As it gets warmer (Towards the equator), there has to be a point where it'll be liquid.

What else were we "going to find"? Not really a surprise imho

Edit: BREAKING NEWS - Scientists say the giant yellow thing in the sky is actually "The Sun".

Duh, thanks for your expert opinion, you showed those stupid scientists what's what.

Never mind that Mars has hardly any atmosphere, so any ice that melts on the surface will sublimate almost instantly. The only way water can stay liquid for longer periods of time is if it's underground.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Press conference, for anyone interested in the details on how they achieved this: www.asitv.it...

The relevant part starts from around 18 minutes in.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
Interesting conversations going on here.

On a related note to the stellar induction talk.

You guys remember that we used to use "vacuum tubes" right?

Now we have transistors that are more or less, made of sand. (SiO2 + Processing, crystallization, trace metals, and lithographic burning etc...)

But the thing is, Vacuum tubes did the same job, and functioned such that a large enough potential energy difference would jump the vacuum gap.

I see no reason why planets would be immune to similar behavior, considering the space between them and their host star is... well... vacuum.

I wonder how often you get planetoid/star electrical arcs?

I hope a smarty pants scientist figures out how much debris we would need between us and the sun, to lower the threshold for such an event.

Who knows? Maybe with just a few busted up asteroids, we can make a chain of low resistance, and force that "tickle" to go where we want it.

Check out the Electric Universe theories.

EU theory proposes mechanisms that support interplanetary arcs. You'll find a few proponents of EU here on ATS.

However, EU is not viewed favorably by the majority of scientists, engineers, and researchers that hang out here.

EU has some interesting notions about how electric current flow in the universe is underappreciated by modern cosmology.

I find their ideas to be novel and fun. However, I'm not a proponent. And, I just wanted to make sure that you knew there are others who share your belief.

-dex

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Here are ET's visiting us, astronauts talking about UFO's, government colluding with ET's, yet people still get excited over finding a body of water and possible bacterial life.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

well this is factual the other stuff hasnt been proven fact!

so aye its exciting

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join