It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I can't believe I still let myself get surprised by the president.

It calls back to George Orwell's book, 1984, "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Much like the Boy Scouts rally, the VFW has already issued an apology of sorts via Twitter; "Today, we were disappointed to hear some of our members boo the press during President Trump's remarks. We rely on the media to spread the VFW message, and @CNN, @NBCNews, @ABC, @FoxNews, @CBSNews, & others on site today, were our invited guests. We were happy to have them there."

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

What's scarier?? The fact that he said it, or the fact that it's true?? We live in a world where many lie about many things, all to save face, or to get what they want. Here's one quick example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How often have people done this?? Remember the BLM lady who went on twitter to post racist things during one of their rallies, all so she could have "proof" to what they're fighting for??

To stick with the example I've given, if you believe what you read online, then you'll think racism is everywhere and everyone hates black people. Sure, there are examples of it, but it's nowhere near as bad as people claim. Another example:

www.theroot.com...

Now I'm not going to say this incident wasn't race-related, but the article even says that at this current time, there is no reason to believe that was the case. For all we know, it's just a sick bastard doing a sick deed. If you look at the comments, though, everyone seems to believe it's because they are black.

I know everyone on FB is #ting themselves and relating this to 1984, but the fact of the matter is that we're lied to all of the time. Evidence of this has been coming to light throughout the years as to the extent of said lies, and these lies come from both sides of the political spectrum. So you can be mad that he said it all you want, but deep down inside, you know he's right.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The people of the VFW should remain neutral on the president. Choosing sides is not needed. Lots of people went to college to get out of the draft, that was common where I came from. Lots of people got messed up in Vietnam, I feel sorry for them and am supportive of our veterans and military personnel. But they should not be cutting down our president either, Trump is very for our military people. The Vets should not be mad at the media either, it is not good to start creating waves with them, the media does give them free coverage and ads for their functions. They also give supportive information to the public when the veterans organizations need help and extra funding. The Vets should not be siding with anyone in this as a group. Yes, Trump did avoid going into the war, I am sure a lot of Vietnam vets wish they could have got out of it after they wound up with health problems from the agent orange and had friends die or they got hurt themselves.

The thing is, that agent orange was known to create some health problems when used extensively, yet our government did nothing to stop it's use back then. The companies that made it should have had their lead people go to prison for their deception of our military. But no, they just got their product banned and agent white was created and our government passed laws that limit testing of it.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Isn't all media controlled by a hand full of large Corps?

We see what we are supposed to see.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

"What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening."

Much like the Boy Scouts rally, the VFW has already issued an apology of sorts via Twitter; "Today, we were disappointed to hear some of our members boo the press during President Trump's remarks. We rely on the media to spread the VFW message, and @CNN, @NBCNews, @ABC, @FoxNews, @CBSNews, & others on site today, were our invited guests. We were happy to have them there."

Um... I'm lost. What didn't happen? Trump didn't address the VFW? There were no boos at the VFW? The VFW didn't really issue the tweet?

What didn't happen???

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

Isn't all media controlled by a hand full of large Corps?

During the DNC primary rigging case the judge ruled the DNC had a right to rig their primary because they were a private corporation.

As far as I know no such judgement has ever been levied on the RNC.

So what we are seeing is not what's REALLY happening.

There's large corps, and there's LARGE corps that's dragged this country through two years of pure BULLSNIP.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The people of the VFW should remain neutral on the president.

The people at the VFW are individuals and I think they should speak their minds as they see fit.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

What's scarier?? The fact that he said it, or the fact that it's true??

What’s scary is that people believe it’s true because the president said it. Especially a president who tells you what you want to hear, the tries to warp the facts around it.

People are being developed into little mindless drones that will believe anything the government tells them, because Donald Trump has painted the media as the “other”, the “enemy”, while the real enemy of us all is the person who tells you to believe them over your own eyes and ears.

Every attitude Donald Trump is ingraining in the consciousness of America will be used against all of us the second it’s feasible to do so. That you can be sure of.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

People believe it because it is true. We can see it for ourselves.
We don't believe it only because the President says so.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

People believe it because it is true. We can see it for ourselves.
We don't believe it only because the President says so.

Really?

What lens are you viewing everything through?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It calls back to George Orwell's book, 1984, "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

The MSM (Mockingbird Media, declassified even) tell us what to believe. The evidence of a nation falling apart is all around you, but the MSM would have you believe everything was great until Trump.

Orwell was right and so is Trump. What you are, and have been for decades, witnessing is the MSM giving you a narritave to follow that doesn't actually represent what is happening. Anyone who choses to investigate intellectually can see clearly that what you see and hear is not what is actually happening.

The Sheep follow the MSM narrative just like Orwell predicted they would.

edit on 25-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

What lens are you viewing everything through?

The lens that clearly tells people the fourth branch/estate of government is an abject failure.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

The Sheep follow the MSM narrative just like Orwell predicted they would.

You’re half way correct here. Sheep follow narratives, wherever they come from.

Trumps narrative isn’t any different than the MSM narrative, because they’re both still narratives. Stories. You can pick and choose which story makes you feel better inside, or you can look at reality.

Trump vs the MSM? In a room full of liars, is it so hard to imagine that no one is telling the truth?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
For the last two years we've been told political parties are government (They're NOT).

So why is no one calling them(Trump haters,The party of the donkey) out of this snip ( it's it is SNIP).

A Mount Everest pile of stinky, runny,slimy,climatological disaster,grade A SNIP!

The function of the media use to be FACTS.

The function of the media use to be the CHECK to R's and D's.

AND D's.

FAIL,FAIL,FAIL,FAIL

Out like a fat kid at dodge ball FAIL.
edit on 25-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

He's just trying to secure his future position in the Ministry of Truth.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Yeah, what a waste of $$$ Here is video proof that this "news" like 'any news' could be 'reported' by just 1 arm of the Hydra..

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Wolf Blitzer already got that job.

Brian Williams cried.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Trump lies about himself to promote himself. As a brand that was beneficial to him. Not so much as a president.

But show me where Trump has lied when it comes to his campaign promises or foreign policy. He may have some opinions that differ from yours but opinions are not lies.

His predecessors over the last 40 years sold you slogans similar to MAGA but they delivered only a globalist agenda.

Where has Trump deviated from his campaign promises like his predecessors? The MSM has been caught repeatedly lying to make Trump look bad. Practically every claim that Trump made which the Media Mocked Trump has been proven to be correct. I expect that trend to continue.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Nancy Pelosi "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."
Telling people to vote on the healthcare bill not knowing what's in it...

And my favorite 7 countries in 5 years..General Wesley Clark

Ignore the person behind the curtain...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Nancy Pelosi "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."
Telling people to vote on the healthcare bill not knowing what's in it...

And my favorite 7 countries in 5 years..General Wesley Clark

Ignore the person behind the curtain...

The great Wizard of Oz would be proud of the level of deception.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join