It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s only taken trump a little more than two years to destroy Obama’s economy.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Wait a minute ..... He "didn't Build that !"

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Obama's Plantation Economy is getting exposed and destroyed and many Democrats are hating it.

😃💥Sun💥Burn💥😃

And they're trying their damndest to put Trump in a hotbox.

Trumpango.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

To be fair, though, the bad banking practices were either mandated or supported by the government, so while I agree that it's not always because of the president, the president does have an effect on which laws, EOs, and tariffs they sign or enact.

There plenty of blame to go around, but I'll tell you this, we'd have a much more stable economy if we audited the Federal Reserve to see what shenanigans they've been up to.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If you’re looking at the long game here, and that’s what it takes to make Trumps trade policy decisions make sense, what’s everyone going to do when every policy he institutes is rolled back by the next president to get into office?

At the very most in 6 years someone will be in the same seat as Trump being cheered on by America to destroy everything he’s put into effect.

Why do all you Trump supporters seem to think anything he does will exist beyond his own administration? When you look at history, that’s never been the case with most presidents. Don’t get me wrong, every policy of Trump that gives the government power and takes freedom from the citizens will be written in stone, as they always are, but economic policies? Those change like the weather.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Crazy bastards wanted the economy to tank under Barrack to get the "told you so" in early. Now I don't know why it's still amazing to see lunatics gloating about the economy under Trump.

Guess what? You all live in the same #ing economy. When IT does well you ALL do well. That is how economies work.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Cliff's Notes

I hate Trump, so his economy will inflect pain and suffering on everyone....Think of the children, the children

I love Obama, so his economy produced unicorns and rainbows

Switch out, rearrange, or add Bush, Clinton, Reagan to the equation.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

Now do all the people who want the economy to crash now ( under Trump)

That would be great, and thanks

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

To be fair, though, the bad banking practices were either mandated or supported by the government, so while I agree that it's not always because of the president, the president does have an effect on which laws, EOs, and tariffs they sign or enact.

You're very right, and I'll even go further to say that the affordable housing act didn't help.

Still though, these programs get abused, and then they started rigging the system and trading the debt like low risk stock. There was law bending at the least, but I think when you gamble the worlds economy you should do some prison time.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This is all part of the diabolical plan to get trumps face on a new currency. we will no loger have the dollar but we wil have the trumpbuck.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Historically, we are long overdue for a recession, I said that countless times before the election. I was suprised Trump has done so well re: the economy. Businesses were looking for certainty from Washington and once they got it, they could procceed with their plans better.

A robust infrastructure bill would probably get us through without much downturn. Both Parties say we need it. What gives?

Obama's economy? You mean that anemic GDP while have near zero interest rates? Any real economist would say the recovery from the "Great Recession" was a pretty weak one if you look at the data.

A strong Economy is in EVERYONE'S best interest.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Lunacy like this makes me laugh. It's like wishing your next door neighbor's house was swallowed by a sinkhole even though it'll take your own down with it.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You're very right, and I'll even go further to say that the affordable housing act didn't help

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

08 is going to look like a walk in the park. I'm totally out, this is going to be a bigly bubble pop.

The repercussions are going to be yuuugggggeeeee.

Get ready for a surprise in August.

And when it doesn't happen what then?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

08 is going to look like a walk in the park. I'm totally out, this is going to be a bigly bubble pop.

The repercussions are going to be yuuugggggeeeee.

Get ready for a surprise in August.

And when it doesn't happen what then?

I pay attention to guys like David Stockman and not the Trump swamp rats that just parrot back what Cadet bonespurs tells them.
Sorry for the mixed metaphors, perhaps I should make an appointment with ole Dr. Robert G Borsley.

I really don't care one way or the other. "Options" should be the catch phrase for anyone that isn't a total idiot.
edit on 25-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
This is all part of the diabolical plan to get trumps face on a new currency. we will no loger have the dollar but we wil have the trumpbuck.

The dollar is owned by the Federal Reserve Bank, the piggy bank of the Swamp/Deep State
maybe we do need a real buck owned by the People.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

well if you followed economists that were independent of CNN, FOX News, and MSNBC you would have realized that it has been horrible even during the Obama administration. Perhaps you can research how derivatives are a slow death for the economy along with quantitative easing..these are tools that were utilized heavily during the Obama administration. So you have the slow burn in each administration the results in the damage to be delayed usually until the next president steps in. This is why you see a lot of bills introduced to expire during the next presidential administration. Even before Trump economists were speculating that we are heading for a crash comparable to if not worse than 2008. So you can point fingers at which ever administration you want but the reality is we allow the same people in congress/sentate to keep getting re-elected and we expect that things will change?

You also lose credibility or legitimacy when you attack a person using names to bring up a legitimate concern. You come across as having an agenda that is in full support of the democratic party...but I could be wrong.
edit on 25-7-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

Nope I'm not wrong at all the bulk of your posts are negatively directed at trump...how are those blue pills working for you?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nobody likes unfair trade.

Do you know the US also has tariffs on goods, even before Trump's stupid policies?

It’s a question of doing something with sense, wisdom not reckless stupidity like Trump does things

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I pay attention to guys like David Stockman

I really don't care one way or the other. "Options" should be the catch phrase for anyone that isn't a total idiot.

This David Stockman..BS in history Stockman... Total failure Stockman... I guess you can believe what you want, but this guy is no expert...

Business career[edit]

After leaving government, Stockman joined the Wall St. investment bank Salomon Brothers and later became a partner of the New York–based private equity company, the Blackstone Group.[12]:125–127 His record was mixed at Blackstone, with some very good investments, such as American Axle, but also failures, including Haynes International and Republic Technologies.[12]:144–147 During 1999, after Blackstone CEO Stephen A. Schwarzman curtailed Stockman's role in managing the investments he had developed,[12]:146 Stockman resigned from Blackstone to start his own private equity fund company, Heartland Industrial Partners, L.P., based in Greenwich, Connecticut.[13]

On the strength of his investment record at Blackstone, Stockman and his partners raised $1.3 billion of equity from institutional and other investors. With Stockman's guidance, Heartland used a contrarian investment strategy, buying controlling interests in companies operating in sectors of the U.S. economy that were attracting the least amount of new equity: auto parts and textiles. With the help of about $9 billion in Wall Street debt financing, Heartland completed more than 20 transactions in less than 2 years to create four portfolio companies: Springs Industries, Metaldyne, Collins & Aikman, and TriMas. Several major investments performed very poorly, however. Collins & Aikman filed for bankruptcy during 2005 and when Heartland sold Metaldyne to Asahi Tec Corp. during 2006, Heartland lost most of the $340 million of equity it had invested in the business.[14]

Collins & Aikman Corp.[edit]

During August 2003, Stockman became CEO of Collins & Aikman Corporation, a Detroit-based manufacturer of automotive interior components. He was ousted from that job days before Collins & Aikman filed for bankruptcy under Chapter 11 on May 17, 2005.

Criminal and civil charges[edit]

On March 26, 2007, federal prosecutors in Manhattan indicted Stockman in "a scheme... to defraud [Collins & Aikman]'s investors, banks and creditors by manipulating C&A's reported revenues and earnings." The United States Securities and Exchange Commission also brought civil charges against Stockman related to actions that he performed while CEO of Collins & Aikman.[15] Stockman suffered a personal financial loss, over $13 million, along with losses suffered by as many as 15,000 Collins & Aikman employees worldwide.

Stockman said in a statement posted on his law firm's website that the company's end was the consequence of an industry decline, not due to fraud.[16] On January 9, 2009, the US Attorney's Office announced that it did not intend to prosecute Stockman for this case.[17]

I don't think anything will be on the scale of 8 years of never ending recession under Obama, we will see. For me I did fine, so at the end of the day I will still be fine with Trump, just what level of fine is all I would be thinking about, so yes options.
edit on 25-7-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Derivatives you say....well Trump and Kudlow will kiss it and make it all better.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Not a Trump supporter...
Not saying he will but to place blame on trump for this economy is foolish...we keep adding more numbers to the deficit ever minute regardless who is in office but there has to be a reset at some point. Somebody has to take the fall at some point and he could be that guy or it could be the next person. but it's hard to read a post from someone who cannot be objective with his or her views...allow me to quote a previous response form soundguy

Yeah, I hope trump ends up destitute and disgraced. He’s a vile human being that has preyed upon the most weak among us. Everything he touches turns to crap. He’s like a cancer that continually needs to find a new host as the there is nothing left of the previous carcass. And we haven’t even touched upon his penchant for sexually assaulting women. I realize the aforementioned are considered admirable qualities In the deplorables minds. But for us good and civilized people it is appalling.

Does this sound like a person who is objective and has done his or her research? I think if you go back and look at my responses or posts I try to be balanced and I consider myself in the middle when it comes to party politics...can you say the same?

And Soundguy considers himself or herself a good civilized person given that statement, that's the hypocrisy one has to own when giving yourself entirely to one party ?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join