It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s only taken trump a little more than two years to destroy Obama’s economy.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The signs are everywhere. The economy is about to seriously go south thanks to the dim bulb egomaniac and his sycophants at he helm. Of course the magats will willfully ignore the facts as they are immune to them. Personally I thought it would take 5-6 years for his policies to ruin the economy. Storm clouds gather on the horizon.

www.reuters.com...

www.cnbc.com...

edit on 25-7-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

08 is going to look like a walk in the park. I'm totally out, this is going to be a bigly bubble pop.

The repercussions are going to be yuuugggggeeeee.

Get ready for a surprise in August.

www.financialexpress.com...

edit on 25-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

This debate won't go far. I'll just save everyone some time and get everyone's points out of the way

Someone criticizes Obama for our economy while he was president = this was from Bush

Someone praises economy while Obama was president = his policies are taking affect.

Someone criticizes Trump for our economy = this was from Obama.

Someone praises economy and unemployment under Trump= This is his policies taking affect.

Truth be told, presidents don't have as much of an impact on the economy as people give them credit for.

The last recession had nothing to do with presidents and everything to do with bad banking practices.... My guess is the next time it happens, it will because we never punished or put in safeguards against greedy cokenose bankers and hedge fund managers.

Around and around the circle we go.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
The signs are everywhere. The economy is about to seriously go south thanks to the dim bulb egomaniac and his sycophants at he helm. Of course the magats will willfully ignore the facts as they are immune to them. Personally I thought it would take 5-6 years for his policies to ruin the economy. Storm clouds gather on the horizon.

www.reuters.com...

www.cnbc.com...

I'll wait to see what happens and get back to you.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Trade has to be handled by an adult that knows a little pain now will introduce some sanity in our trade later. I have always thought our trade policy should reflect our trading partners policy. We treat your country the way you treat ours.

Harley has a client base that is dying off, Easy Rider isn't on anyone's must watch list. As Harley shift manufacturing out of the US, it will slowly fade as did Cheech and Chong's popularity. Why pay 3X the price for a "hog" when it isn't built here?

And GM and Whirlpool will have to suck it up, this won't last forever. And if they thought for a fraction of a second. This could open HUGE markets to their products when we have a level trade "playing field".

Edit: Keep in mind Trump's awesome ties were made in China.

s
edit on 25-7-2018 by atsgrounded because: spelling

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
www.forbes.com...

Obama Wins The Gold For Worst Economic Recovery Ever.

You mean that failed economy?

Even the sycophants at CNN couldn't put enough lipstick on that pig.

money.cnn.com...
Yes, this is the slowest U.S. recovery since WWII

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

Screw GM. Got a 2012 avalanche that had to have a new tranny at 60k miles. The dash has 7 uear old cracks related to crappy engineering and they ignored thousands of requests for recall.

If they wanna win they need to outcompete.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Please...

"Obama's Economy" would not have been so dandy if central bank intervention wasn't pumping 10s of trillions of dollars of helicopter money with Quantitative Easing.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So the market is going to readjust to banks no longer having interest free loans to invest in the stock market rather than the spurring of business loans that TARP was supposed to accomplish. And the dollar will be destabilized due to hyperinflation caused by 6 or so years of non-stop printing presses churning them out under Quantitative Easing, which was done as a hedge against a bank run turning it into a depression at best or civil unrest at worst?

Damn that Trump for ripping off the bandage instead of letting the wound fester until amputation was the only option.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Why do you want unfair trade policies?

Perhaps you are anti-American and want to see the US being beaten at every trade negotiation.

I don't know.

The mind boggles.

I will pencil in "panic" for the 4th quarter this year though. I'll put that right next to "remember to buy socks".

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I will believe it when it happens.

In the mean time I will hope for the best and prepare for the worse.

I personally don't believe that any one man can destroy or save an economy.

Did obama personally save us from the bush economy? Of course not. And trump can't destroy the one we have now.
Not alone.

If you can agree that the good economy that we have right now wasn't made by trump alone then what makes you think that he can bring it down alone?

Presidents don't have this kind of power on purpose. Our constitution doesn't allow for it.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

He could have if he went for the $15/hr minimum wage instead of Obamacare his first two years while holding a supermajority. Doubling wages for entry level unskilled labor positions would have wiped the middle class as their wages stagnated to just above poverty. Unemployment would have remained overwhelming throughout his two terms. And the national Debt would have been easily $30 Trillion or more from welfare aid expenditures to new prices on necessities.

Thankfully his goal was the removal of individual spending by higher insurance premiums. Otherwise he could have really put the whammy on America.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
NM it's unbelievabley on purpose LOL
edit on 25-7-2018 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
2 years? That won't be until Jan. '19.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Obamas economy ended in 2010 when his party lost control of congress.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The style of economy where citizens were require dependency upon the government is ending. It took Obama 8 years and $10T of new debt to hook and addict the citizens to government as their mommy and daddy. Trump is unwinding it.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Non of that would have been him acting alone though.

He would have needed congress. A president will always need congress to get things done.

So any praise or bashing of an economy has to include all branches of government not just the president.

Bush didn't mess up our economy. The bankers did. Obama didn't help fix that mistake. He along with congress and other bankers did.

trump is not solely to blame for our current economy whether it's good or bad.

People do like to use the myth that the president decides how strong or weak an economy is to push propaganda though. It's easy talking point to use against a political opposition.

It was used to bash bush and praise obama. And now it is being used to do both those things to trump.

Trump couldn't have passed a tax bill or tariffs on his own. He didn't even write those bills. But everyone seems to forget this.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Obama's Plantation Economy is getting exposed and destroyed and many Democrats are hating it.

😃💥Sun💥Burn💥😃

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well.....

I have job security in this upcoming bubble pop, so I'm set. Sorry for most people that will be affected, but everyone has the right to be selfish once in a while, and it's my turn.

I mean the economy is doing fantastic right now and we're doing better than ever!!!!! however, it is mainly due to investors. What's going to happen, is that when those greedy F***s realize that everything they're trying to flip for profit is to the point where no one can afford it..... well..... it'll be 2006 all over again.... Probably even worse, now that we have more government-run issues (healthcare, tariffs, etc.)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Whatever chump, you should quit smoking that stuff, not good for you...BTW I see more people getting hired in my business, it went down during Obamba.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join