It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Tariffs are stupid, let’s deal @EU

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

I think the left and right have been bought and paid for. The main reason I believe in Trump is based on the reaction of the MSM and former politicians.

Like I said I don't know how it's possible to cut the debt. And Trump has used bankruptcy to bail himself out so I'm not sure he really has the the answer either.

I just feel like he is not part of the same line of thinking, left and right, that we've had the last 40 years.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Don't disagree with you there. I give Trump a hard time, but understand a lot of what he is doing is certainly against the globalists interests.

I don't like modern globalism, and I don't like nationalism. I guess there is no room for a guy like me in the middle?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   

And to the point: with such a free ride for so long, the US has squandered opportunities.
Tell me how many of your 300 million people have seen that wealth?

Funny how no one has an answer to the above. The wealth from having Oil traded in US dollars has been squandered by consumerism in the US and ended up in he hands of the few.

If the system is so great for the US why are other currencies valued higher than the dollar?

Because maybe a weaker dollar is good for your exporters...but then again...

www.bloomberg.com...

“The dollar will become stronger and stronger, despite Trump’s efforts to keep it weak,” said Taylor, who runs Taylor Global Vision, which produces a newsletter on financial markets. “The Fed will keep tightening and the worsening deficits will keep Treasury supply increasing,” which will keep U.S. yields attractive to international investors, supporting the greenback.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well its my " informed " opinion that was one of the reasons that Libya was overthrown.

Friday, 11 November 2011
Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar

www.thenewamerican.com...

Oil, of course, has been mentioned frequently — Libya is Africa‘s largest oil producer. But one possible reason in particular for Gadhafi’s fall from grace has gained significant traction among analysts and segments of the non-Western media: central banking and the global monetary system. According to more than a few observers, Gadhafi’s plan to quit selling Libyan oil in U.S. dollars — demanding payment instead in gold-backed “dinars” (a single African currency made from gold) — was the real cause. The regime, sitting on massive amounts of gold, estimated at close to 150 tons, was also pushing other African and Middle Eastern governments to follow suit. And it literally had the potential to bring down the dollar and the world monetary system by extension, according to analysts. French President Nicolas Sarkozy reportedly went so far as to call Libya a “threat” to the financial security of the world. The “Insiders” were apparently panicking over Gadhafi’s plan.

Seems like uncertain times for energy prices in the US

www.eurasiafuture.com...

While Riyadh issued a statement affirming that the two leaders conducted a phone call regarding oil, Saudi Arabia did not confirm the figure of 2 million barrels per day that Trump cited. The reality that many in the US might not want to hear is that when it comes to the numbers,Saudi officials will not be confirming a final figure with the United States but with Russia.

Indeed it is a new Russo-Saudi partnership in the form of OPEC+ that has much of the world over a barrel (of oil). Ultimately, this new partnership between the Wahhabi Kingdom and the Russian superpower will be good for geoeconomic and geopolitical multipolarity as it fundamentally alters which set of nations has the final say on the manipulation of energy prices.

To understand the significance of these new developments, one must remember that in 2014, the far-right US Senator John McCain called Russia “a gas station masquerading as a country”. The elderly McCain may be living to regret these words as it is now Russia’s petro-economy that gives Moscow the ability to leverage the US and its partners with almost the same capacity as the Chinese economic titan. China and Russia – two superpowers with very difference leverage techniques against US threats

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   

You are correct. But that has to do with a 20 trillion dollar deficit. A burden that was placed on the US by globalist policies.

thats bullsnip as the following shows where that debt comes from - fighting wars for the MIC and tax breaks for the rich

www.marketwatch.com...

Fighting wars, big tax cuts and economic stimulus packages have all added to the debt burden

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

There are good reasons to support Trump's stated policy aims. Cracking down on China's use of version of State Owned Enterprises and private sector to effect geoeconomic and geostrategic policy aims is long overdue. Removing barriers to investment can only have a possible effect on the U.S. and EU economies. However, how genuine the EU are in their intent to meet such aims is open to debate, and the same applies to American agricultural special interests, who have long opposed the removal of subsidies and tariffs.

Trump's approach to leveling out global trade playing fields is straight out of Reagan's approach to the Soviet Union/ nuclear disarmament. Trump is using additional tariffs on trading partners as leverage to both end current trade imbalances and the removal of current tariffs.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 26-7-2018 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Well its my " informed " opinion that was one of the reasons that Libya was overthrown.

And I would say you're right. Now check out the timing of the Arab Springs.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join