It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cohen Trump tape leaked

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Anything connected with CNN is connected with the CIA or NWO,they are a government propoganda network,they make no bones about it either,probably sound manipulation,something right up a liberals sleeve

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That is a very important aspect to consider.

This issue of him wanting to pay off someone for the rights to their story about the extramarital affair is not that big of a deal. We knew he was a piece of # of a man, in a Bill Clinton sort of way, and a liar. He was caught and I doubt much will come of it.

Then we have reports of there being a dozen other recordings that were taken from Cohen's home. Considering that Cohen seems to be willing to cooperate with investigators and forgo attorney-client privileges, it will be interesting to see what else comes from these recordings, if anything.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: IAMTAT

That if something is illegally obtained it shouldn't be published.
Are you agreeing with that now?

Don't complicate the matter. Yes or no?

The press has every right to print/broadcast what is leaked to them. The leakers are the one's committing the crime.

CNN saying: "YOU (viewers) can't read the DNC emails...but take a look at Cohen's recordings"...is just another (of manymanymanymany) example of CNN's own hypocrisy.

You, of all people, should know...There is no law against hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Actually Skyfloating mentioned Stormy. I just responded I didn't I introduce the subject.
Now it looks like you want to bring in yet another subject.
This thread isn't about that.

This recording proves that trump was paying this woman off to keep her quiet before the election. To bury a story that would hurt trump.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Both parties signed away attorney client privilege on this tape.
It was Cohen's to release as he wants.
And this WILL be used in court if they indict Michael Cohen for anything.

You need to go back and review your law books! This has NOTHING to do with attorney-client privilege. Nothing.

It has everything to do with what is admissible in a court of law. Recordings of conversations without consent is not admissible in most courts (I'd say "all" but I don't know the laws in all 50 states). The recordings themselves are not illegal, but they're not admissible as evidence.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Depends on what it is. That's not a deflection, it's fact.

A matter of "public record" for example can be 'illegally obtained', but it's still a matter of public record.

Additionally, a confidential document illegally obtained is illegal to publish (without consent). However, the illegality of the publication is only actionable by the injured party. In other words, it's not a criminal offense (unless it's Classified) (think Hillary here), it is a civil offense. They're different.

However, in an effort to grant your silly yes or no demand, I would say 'yes'; an illegally obtained document should not be legal to publish. I don't think current criminal laws support this opinion, but they should (in my opinion).

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Both parties signed away attorney client privilege on this tape.
It was Cohen's to release as he wants.
And this WILL be used in court if they indict Michael Cohen for anything.

You need to go back and review your law books! This has NOTHING to do with attorney-client privilege. Nothing.

It has everything to do with what is admissible in a court of law. Recordings of conversations without consent is not admissible in most courts (I'd say "all" but I don't know the laws in all 50 states). The recordings themselves are not illegal, but they're not admissible as evidence.

It was Dershowitz, I believe that, last night, brought up the point that if Trump's end of the call was NYC...no violation of recording consent laws.

If, however, Trump was speaking from Mara Lago (FLA)...there would be a violation.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

A good example of the differing laws.

In any case, that deals with the legality of the recording itself. I'm pretty sure *any* recording without consent is not admissible as evidence (regardless of jurisdiction). One element deals with the act of recording without consent. The other element deals with what the recording can be used for. Two different breeds of cat.

ETA...Admittedly though, this gets kind of murky when you're dealing with something like a law enforcement video tape. I think there are laws which say you don't have to consent to law enforcement recording, but that's not the case here. Wire taps are another example, but again these are law enforcement driven and supported by a court order. Again, different.

edit on 7/25/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

You misspoke. You meant "save" the whole democratic republic.

Save it from????

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

This issue of him wanting to pay off someone for the rights to their story about the extramarital affair is not that big of a deal. We knew he was a piece of # of a man, in a Bill Clinton sort of way, and a liar. He was caught and I doubt much will come of it.

Then we have reports of there being a dozen other recordings that were taken from Cohen's home. Considering that Cohen seems to be willing to cooperate with investigators and forgo attorney-client privileges, it will be interesting to see what else comes from these recordings, if anything.

Yup and even when it comes to that, if his lawyer has been doing this whats to say other members of his team are not doing the same thing.

Its almost like that old spy-craft technique we used to hear about where a spy would keep a stash of information to use against their superiors if ever said superiors were to turn on the agent.

If Cohen's got this what kind of dirt do other close members of the Trump team have on him thats just waiting to come out of the closet.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: introvert

Yup and even when it comes to that, if his lawyer has been doing this whats to say other members of his team are not doing the same thing.

Its almost like that old spy-craft technique we used to hear about where a spy would keep a stash of information to use against their superiors if ever said superiors were to turn on the agent.

If Cohen's got this what kind of dirt do other close members of the Trump team have on him thats just waiting to come out of the closet.

That is entirely reasonable to question.

It appears that some people around Trump are not so inclined to keep their mouths shut to protect him. That could prove to be an issue in this ongoing drama.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Yep! People who hate him, and want him out this very second, always send warnings first

I think that is for folks who are contemplating suicide but call someone for a second opinion....

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I want to know how this happened.

Is that a rhetorical question, answers provided in your source

The recording, which was provided to CNN by Cohen's attorney Lanny Davis, was made in September 2016.

edit on 25-7-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I mean how are things like this leaked.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I mean how are things like this leaked.

It wasn't really leaked though as such was it, Cohen's Lawyer gave it to CNN, presumably after discussion with his client who is the owner and creator of the tapes

When something is leaked its usually a little more secretive than that.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
There isn't anything of value on there. The parts of the tape that are actually legible (ie: credible in a court of law) indicate zero criminal activity.

As much as the anti's want to pretend otherwise, paying people to keep quiet isn't a crime. There won't be any stretched campaign finance violations or reporting laws, and like everything else that has been thrown at Trump this will breeze right on by.
edit on 7/25/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That could prove to be an issue in this ongoing drama.

Only if they have valuable information in the first place and evidence to back it up (better evidence than some scratchy recording). Besides, he clearly violated privilege and should expect significant and costly penalties.

This is yet another nothing-burger that will result in plenty of whining with no real action

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TurbineJet

Depends on the state. Some have single party consent.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: DJW001

You misspoke. You meant "save" the whole democratic republic.

Save It from????

Ukrainification.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is just the latest attempt to try and change public opinion on Trump. I always knew Trump scored chicks on the side. No laws broken. Who cares. Hell! He paid her over 100,000 thousand to keep her fat mouth shut.

Did Trump get over 100 million from Russia for Uranium? No. Did Trump sell missile technology to China. No. Is their a trail of bodies wherever Trump goes? No. Is Trump helping China takeover America and selling us down the road. No.

Trump is weeding out corruption.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join