It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote for ME !!! I 'll take back YOUR tax cut 'cause I can spend YOUR money better than you !!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

I don't care about taxes as much as what happened to the $27 trillion dollars that was given to the Pentagon without authorization from Congress? Who did it? Where is the money now?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: highvein

They were feeding China that brought money to the US so now we pay them to not feed anyone.

I am sure 12 billion can go to more worthy causes.

And? They are still our farmers. Let's take care of our people when we can, it doesn't happen enough.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

How can anyone be as ignorant as a Democrat,their own party makes fun of them,portrays them as bumbling idiots incapable of thinking or doing for themselves,such a thing called tact

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

How can anyone be as ignorant as a Democrat

Lots of practice.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Those on the right will never understand that those on the left WANT MORE TAXES TAKEN .

They WANT to pay for roads and education and the epa. They WANT more of their money to go to universal healthcare.

They are NOT trying to keep more of their own money.

They would rather share it with their fellow americans.

So understand that while you think a platform of raising taxes is dumb those pushing for it know their voting base.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Totally IGNORING the 14th amendment.

Why can't the Warren's comprehend those words?

ll persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property,without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

They WANT to pay for roads and education

That's what the GD gas tax,lottery, and property taxes are for.

They WANT more of their money to go to universal healthcare.

Over $2 trillion already does by way of medicare, and medicaid.

Posession is 9/10's of the law.

That last remaining are kleptocrats like Warren trying to rob people blind.

Raising taxes is dumb, and completely unconstitutional.

Especially when jacksnips like Warren throw out numbers like FIFTY percent.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Those on the right will never understand that those on the left WANT MORE TAXES TAKEN .

That has to be the dumbest thing I've read this week.

And I read my stuff also!

The "left" thinks government spends wisely. They'd have to because why demand more money be taken instead of spending reform?

The left wants to dictate to everyone else how they spend their money, how much money they should be allowed to have. Sounds authoritarian to me.

So basically, the left is authoritarian, wants a bigger government, wants to punish success.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The values of the Republican Party that passed those tax cuts are to give $1.5 trillion away to the richest Americans and the biggest corporations, and let everybody else pick up the crumbs.

Warren flat out lied saying that.

No money is given to 'rich people'.

They already had it.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I can't argue with any of your points.

What I am saying is that the left doesn't see it this way.

I see a LOT of people on ats talking about the left but not understanding them at all.

I get into a ton of arguments with my lefty friends about how they want to pay more taxes.

Know thy enemy is my advice to the right of ats today.
Because it is clear that a lot of you (not singling you out) don't.

I really think because of this misunderstanding that the right has for the left is going to cause a lot of surprise and gnashing of teeth in november.

I think that the left misunderstood the right and that's why trump won and the right took over congress.

Don't make the same mistakes.

From the outside looking in It seems like the left has learned a lesson is taking the repubs far more series these days.

The right on the other hand seems to think they already destroyed the left.
edit on 25-7-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I can't argue with any of your points.

I know.

What I am saying is that the left doesn't see it this way.

I know.

The left needs to stop paying lip service to equality,liberalism, and civil liberty.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Dumb but true.

My left friends tell me this is what they want.

I'm poor. I don't have any money. The only taxes I pay are sales tax and whatever they take from my check each week. Tax cuts didn't change my weekly pay at all.

So I don't feel like I have a dog in the tax fight.

But I do have a lot of dem friends and this is what they say. Wealth redistribution is what it is all about.

They say it is because they want the money that exists to be used for the benefit of all man kind not just americans. They want an end to poverty, hunger, class mentalities. And that spreading around the money is the fastest way to do this.

Sharing is at the heart of (at least the ones I know in real life) of the democratic platform.

I don't know if it would work but these are my friends and I know they are good people. So I have no reason to doubt their reasons even if I disagree with their methods.

Except healthcare. Except I want something better than the aca. Updated medicare for all would be my vote.

And don't get me wrong I got I lot of nice things to say about my republican camping and fishing buddies too.
Most people have their hearts in the right place.

I think modern politics is just in a place where the ends justify the means. All of the terrible things I see both sides doing and saying to each other in order to gain what they both want, A better happier country, doesn't sit right with me.

I like some repubs and dems that are running in novemeber but I am getting closer and closer to voting only non party.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I just spit out my Gatorade and almost died of laughter in the middle of my office after reading that!

OH MY GOD lololololololololololololololololololol

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

All she did was spew Hard-Democrat Logic. Let me reword her statement:

"I, as in the Government, am automatically entitled to all of your income as well as the product of your labor, by default. Anything you get to keep after paying us is a privilege; therefore, any additional income you get to keep through tax cuts is not essentially yours, it is a gift! From us!!"

There, I fixed it for her.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Shrug. I think about my taxes once a year, and when I', done, I write a check if I need to cover more than I withheld. Then I stop thinking about taxes for another year. I can't imagine giving a cr&p less about anything except maybe musicals.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

They WANT to pay for roads and education and the epa. They WANT more of their money to go to universal healthcare.

They would rather share it with their fellow americans.

So understand that while you think a platform of raising taxes is dumb those pushing for it know their voting base.

The Democrats overwhelmingly misspend any extra funds they are given.

We all want better healthcare.

Is that what Obamacare turned out to be ?
You kept your Doctor ?

FACTS show premiums skyrocketed.

Democrats = incompetence.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Is that what Obamacare turned out to be ?

It has been great for me. Saved my life once already so far.
Have you tried the aca for yourself to see if it's better for you or not?

You kept your Doctor ?

Yes I kept my family doctor.
Did you even try and see for yourself if you could keep yours?

FACTS show premiums skyrocketed.

Not for everyone they didn't.
NOt for me, not for my sister, Not for my sisters husband, not for my brother or his wife. In fact I don't know one person in my real life that had any negative effects from the aca.

I know a few people that it helped though.

Sounds to me like you are just buying the right wing propaganda.

Check out the aca for yourself make up your own mind. Don't just believe what you are told.

And remember I am not a dem so I have no loyalty to them. Unlike some I don't have to tow that party line.
I went and did the research on the aca for myself and found out that it was awesome for me.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Glad ACA helped you, but for those in need, Obama could just as well have expanded Medicare for those in your situation

For the average American, premiums DOUBLED.
www.zerohedge.com...

Obama lied about any savings for the average American family - total opposite

Those are FACTS, not left wing BS.

Furthermore, Democrats are no longer defending the interest of the average American taxpayer.
Their new platform of abolishing ICE is proof of that.

They want mass immigration in order to create a voter base beholden to them, so as to stay in power for power's sake, not to improve anything.

Democrat-controlled cities have been proof of that for DECADES.
DECADES!

Look at Detroit, Baltimore, etc.
Look at what San Francisco is turning into.
Democrats WANT #holes.
Remember Obama's and Rahm Emmanuel's quote "Never let a crisis go to waste"
Democrats WANT a poor & destitute voter base - they can control them with government handouts in order to maintain power.

Power is the ONLY thing Democrats care about
edit on 27-7-2018 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: subfab

taxpayers are tired of politicians.
both parties are guilty of dividing our nation.

This and the tax cut was a jk.

Until they get rid off deductions on the 80k page tax document the middle class will continue to get screwed while the corporate top .01% walk away paying less based on income to tax ratio.

The tax code is a series of incentives by the government to entice private citizens to spend money a certain way.

That is why less than 1% Is about collections and] the VAST majority is about the legal ways to reduce taxes.

Legally reducing your taxes is one of the most patriotic things you can do in America today.

A) you are investing where the government deems it most beneficial and necessary

And B) controlling your own money is a good thing. The whole liberty and independence piece, pursuing happiness, etc. Not to mention if you disagree with how the government spends money you can choose to take advantage of those 80,000 pages and spend it among those choices instead of being taxed to death at your W2 job and giving the government your money without any input.

By the way, it’s not terribly difficult or even expensive to alter your situation enough to begin capturing and utilizing those benefits..........now it might require some further education, but there really isn’t anyone to blame but the individual........
edit on 27-7-2018 by phishfriar47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Obama could just as well have expanded Medicare for those in your situation

Totally agree.

Obama caved to the insurance companies for sure.
I just wish trump would learn from that mistake and go the medicare for all route.

Obama lied about any savings for the average American family - total opposite

I have saved a lot using the aca. But maybe you don't consider me an average american?
Have you tried to see if you would save with the aca? I find a lot of people that are against it haven't even tried it for themselves to see if it's better for them or not.

Immigration has nothing to do with what we were talking about.
And nether does this.

Top states on government walefare.
wallethub.com...

What do the top 10 states have in common. They are republican run states.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: phishfriar47

The tax code is a series of incentives by the government to entice private citizens to spend money a certain way.

Perhaps you are Ok with the gov't telling you how to spend your hard earned money the way they want you too or lose it as a consequence, but I don't .

I have no problem paying my fair share of taxes but as long was we have 80K page tax document that not even the IRS head can file correctly, than its not fair for the majority of w2 middle class employees. I know this because I have been on both sides as a w2 employee and as a business owner.

Their should be no deductions and all based on income to tax ratio. So if the I earned 500K this year I should pay 10% towards taxes just like the guy that earned 50K should pay 10%.

Business owners and employees are equally important to the economy.

edit on 53731America/ChicagoMon, 30 Jul 2018 11:53:09 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join