It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right wing propaganda has been so successful. Should the left do it too??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutisticEvo
a reply to: amazing

You nailed it spot on.
a star for you

hypothetically I should hire russians to shut your internet activity down or "deal" with you
cant have such real intelligence working the otherside of that fence.

NO worries, if we keep talking rationally and truthfully, Hillary will kills us both anyway. LOL

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Superior Propaganda - excuse #3,275 why the Democrats lost.

You've come a long way from excuse #1, which if I recall correctly from election night was:
"We severely underestimated the stupidity of the average American"

A long way indeed. Well, not really.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

You've come a long way from excuse #1, which if I recall correctly from election night was:

And I don't like using superior propaganda as an excuse for the last election. The DNC lost it themselves with bad candidate, shady primary, bad messaging, alienation of millions of progressive voters etc.

But, I do think it is worth noting how extremely good right wing propaganda is in the US. It is really, really good.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: underpass61

And I don't like using superior propaganda as an excuse for the last election. The DNC lost it themselves .

the thing that I think swayed the voters away was not just the DNC but the behaviour of millions on the left online.

THERE was ZERO dialogue. they were frothing mad on twitter and other places, calling names and refusing discussion of any kind, presuming they had the election in the bag and told anyone that tried to discuss or debate the matter that they had no say, were wrong to back a "racist" and deserved to be rounded up and shot. or they just said "too bad get over it" as their opening line.

thats the whole reason I went full Goebbel along with many against them. and I will be doing it starting October and again in 2019.

Four years is your punishment for acting like hateful bullies in front of the world. Not just the DNC. the DNC put the final nail in with Racist rhetoric and their candidates final nail "Deplorables".

which was followed by their supporters taking more hate online. which we se continued after two years.

Centrists claim the two party system is BS. they havent even considered that the Dems are burning their base off so bad with the Rights help, they are about to see a period much like what happened following events in 1968.

which was 40 years of a 1 party system holding the Seats and the Office

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

A lot of right wing success is just letting the lefties act like idiot's

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

You might want to look up the term useful idiots. Might be nice for you to post its origins for the peanut gallery?

Then finish off with reporting on 13 rules for radicals, the creator, what their political leaning was, and what party embraced the teachings? And I don’t think it says anything about building logical arguments of based of truth?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

This is about means, ends, and the way that each are justified.

Propaganda, by its very definition involves either an out right lie, or lies about the meaning of a piece of information, using small truths, to promote MASSIVELY skewed understanding of the world around the target audience. If ones ends necessitate the use of such tactics, then ones ends are of the sort which must never be realised.

The notion that corporatism has damaged this species is not a lie, or a spun truth, it is JUST a truth. The idea that there is a way to run a society which guarantees a greater level of liberty than we humans experience now, AND sidelines the corporatist powerbrokers entirely, is not propaganda, a pipe dream or a psychological operation against the people of any nation, state or region. It is simply a truth. There ARE ways of having government run by and for the people, without secrets and lies being handed to the people from above, without governments getting away with murdering other nations civilians, then complaining when their plans result in chaos. There are ways to totally destroy the concept of a currency based on oil, and to remove all necessity for nations to burn either fossil products or nuclear fuels in order to maintain energy needs safely, securely and without undue hardship as a result.

These are facts, truths, not lies, not propaganda, not anything other than realities. Nor would it be propaganda to state that the only reason that this species is held back quite so far as it has been, is purely so that the old powers can remain powers.

It is possible to put forward a case for the future, under a totally different system than most of us live under now, without lying, cheating, fudging the figures, getting things straight up wrong, or "misspeaking", as a certain ignorant savage with bad hair might put it. If it were impossible to do that, then guess what? Making those changes should not be done. Unless what we need to do to put this planets population in a better position than they are now, can be done without lying to the people, without making them pawns in a game the rules of which are unknown to them, then we must simply not do ANYTHING. I can almost hear you asking "Why T.B.!? Why?", so I will tell you why.

If we have nothing to offer people other than a different kind of slavery, nothing other than a different kind of unaware, closed off, uninvolved existence, where they know nothing of what the governance does behind their back, nothing of the truth because we told them lies, and if we prevent them accessing the power they have a right to, purely by way of living the life of a human being, then we have nothing to offer them at all, no matter how much fancier and cleaner our energy plans are, no matter how much less barbaric our foreign policies would be, no matter what positivity we could inject into the lives of the citizens. Unless we can offer the people not only a different system, but a different level of ownership of that system, a different level and method of applying ones will as a voter to it, and crucially, unless that system gives the ordinary citizen ALL the information necessary to make choices that benefit the whole, then we have no reason to continue with any sort of plan or promotion of our ideals at all, because otherwise all it will become is the same kind of corrupt and evil that the current system is.

Propaganda specifically obfuscates truth, prevents broad knowledge, narrows minds and hides reality from those it effects. It cannot be the case that any system worth establishing, would be founded on such ground as that.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

There would be a damned sight more hope for humanity, if you were not being sarcastic there

In fairness though, I didn't say that to be inflammatory, I said it because having spent a great deal of time talking politics with people all over the world, I know it to be true, and because I have been frustrated by the sheer level of information resistance on this topic, by American commentators and correspondents for, well, the entirety of my membership here at least.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I think the main issue is that people who side themselves with right wing politics generally have lower IQ's, so therefore it's much easier to control them through media, TV etc.

I think it's clear to anyone with even half a brain that Trump is a clown, but then when you read the threads on here it's clear that a bunch of clowns are the one's who voted him in.

I seriously worry about the educational system in the US when the number of clowns over there have outnumbered the amount of sane thinking people.

Just saying.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
They're also happy with trump calling the media "the enemy of the people" - except fox news, which is obviously all factual.

Imagine Obama saying "ignore the media - it's fake news - what you're seeing portrayed isn't actually happening" - and everyone lapping it up.

It's literally cult mentality at this point. If you are 100% immovable in your support, as in you will never ever question your leader's motives or decisions because you're afraid of "losing", then you've already lost.

I don't care what team you or I support. We all have a responsibility to hold our leaders accountable for their words and actions. Whether that be Obama, Trump, May, or whoever.

Blind faith is not patriotism. It's the exact opposite.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

We stopped using propaganda when you leftists started actually doing what we said you'd do.

Allahu America.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
"There coming for our guns" "there coming for our uterus"

What's the difference between the dogma again?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

One is happening?

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: DanDanDat

One is happening?

I guess that is the difference; when one is steeped in dogma they only see it in "the others".

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
So why doesn’t the left do the same???

You are missing the point here.
It's not about Right and Left news organisations.
CNN has already copied FOX's playbook.

The problem lies with the people.

If viewing habits changed then places like FOX and CNN would go out of business in a night, but the people want entertainment and hearing opinions they agree with.

But to the rest of your OP...
Both the right and the left are horribly flawed.

The very idea of identifying as left or right means you are not happy to accept a middle ground.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
They're also happy with trump calling the media "the enemy of the people" - except fox news, which is obviously all factual.

Imagine Obama saying "ignore the media - it's fake news - what you're seeing portrayed isn't actually happening" - and everyone lapping it up.

It's literally cult mentality at this point. If you are 100% immovable in your support, as in you will never ever question your leader's motives or decisions because you're afraid of "losing", then you've already lost.

I don't care what team you or I support. We all have a responsibility to hold our leaders accountable for their words and actions. Whether that be Obama, Trump, May, or whoever.

Blind faith is not patriotism. It's the exact opposite.

Its amazing how you can change just a few simple words in this diatribe and you switch from describing one set of people to describing yet another.

Its also amazing how all it took was the election of Donald Trump for the news media to be put on a pedestal. The same news media people have been complaining about for decades because they have chosen to pursue money above information.

And here is an example of Obama attacking a news outlet

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

This was not questioned by people who were afraid to loose... unfortunately they did. Let that be a parable to all.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

trump is calling out left-wing news, and praises the right wing news. Fox News in particular. Something very wrong about that.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Except trump does it 100x more than Obama. I was no fan of Obama, but at least he had some class. Trump amplifies the media divide much more.

You can't pretend to call out MSM propaganda while praising Fox News at every turn.

edit on 26-7-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

In fairness though, I didn't say that to be inflammatory, I said it because having spent a great deal of time talking politics with people all over the world, I know it to be true, and because I have been frustrated by the sheer level of information resistance on this topic, by American commentators and correspondents for, well, the entirety of my membership here at least.

Haha, I was jesting, I rarely get offended by people's opinions.

That said I actually agree with you. American politics are clouded by the left vs right illusion. In reality they are wings of the same bird with very little differences. The system they both benefit is the power structure, not the people.

This distraction and the amount of loyal tribalism that goes along with it keeps people from taking their own stance on issues. If you watch, both parties will flip their stance to defend decisions made by politicians who represent them.

I don't see that going away anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

No they lost because they ran the most unlikeable politician in history. Then told the population “no need to vote.. he won’t win anyway”...

The superior propaganda is why conservatives believe in an alternate reality that shouldn’t fool a toddler..

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join