It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right wing propaganda has been so successful. Should the left do it too??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Kandinsky

Meh, I don't even think we often get two choices. Sometimes, it's more like like two sides of the same coin - heads or tails, D or R. The coin is the same though.

I think Bush-Obama is the best current example of that. In my opinion their administrations were very similar. As far as foreign policy, limitations of freedoms through the patriot act, letting the justice system operate off the grid with no oversight... we could go on and on. Hell, Obama took it further many of the times, bombing more countries, assassinating US citizens overseas, and going after 3 times as many journalists with the espionage act than any other administration combined since the inception of the law.

The only thing that had the left and right fooled that he did represent the left was Obama-care.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I know. I read the forums. Sometimes the propaganda is so thick I just log out. It's that he seems to have sunk into that insane abyss. Shame.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I know. I read the forums. Sometimes the propaganda is so thick I just log out. It's that he seems to have sunk into that insane abyss. Shame.

I don't think it's anything new though. I've been watching a lot of old documentaries and comedy recently and everything we talk about today are debates that have been going on for decades.

But with the advent of internet so accessible we have it in our pockets at all times, I think it's become more of a part of everyday life.

Back in the day you'd read a news paper or watch the nightly news, now it's all in our face everywhere we go.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Here is the problem with calling things left and right when dealing with my most blessed cousins across the sea.

The residents of the USA, even those with their eyes open to a degree are politically incompetent, and do not understand politics, any of them, not even the slightest bloody thing about politics, anywhere in the world, in their own nation, anywhere else, and there are reasons for that. Their education systems are designed to prevent them knowing anything useful about the manner, method, and motivations for the way things are done, with even the actual university classes offered in the political realm, parroting information which is simply wrong about the meanings of even the simplest nomenclature, applied to matters of spectrum where politics are concerned.

This is why we get questions like this...

NO, the left should NOT propagandise at all, and that is because no one should. Its important to understand that there is a difference between reporting facts, and propagandising. Spin so heavy as to confuse the viewer or reader into believing something happened that did not, is not the mark of a political entity which cares much for those it asks for a vote. Outright lies are also right out, and therefore the only way forward is to ensure there is no propagandism, by telling the whole, complete and unabashed truth, and making that the vast difference between the left and the right. Washing the taste of bullsnip out of the mouths of people, is often enough to make them reconsider things, if they have even half a wit.

It is intensely important though, that we do not get confused here. No one in the Democrat Party of America, has the slightest business calling themselves a member of the left, unless they are also anti-corporate and refuse to permit themselves to become wealthy to an unbalanced degree, because THAT is what it REALLY means to be a lefty. If you would rather inconvenience yourself, than live in the most opulence you can muster, if by doing so you could make someone less well off, able to afford to live, THAT is being a lefty. Being a filthy rich arch bitch with no dress sense and a laugh like a buzzsaw passing through frozen flesh, is NOT, and neither is being in bed with the MIC, big oil, the pharma cartels and the banks. This disqualifies many of the pro-corporatist members of the Democrat Party from ANY claim to left thinking, and unfortunately, those people DO engage in propaganda, and the most effective strain of that propaganda, has more than half of the US population believing, no matter how falsely, that these folks are representative of or legitimate members of the left.

Joe Biden? Hillary Clinton? Not lefties in the slightest little bit, and nor is anyone who does what they do and hoards as much as they hoard. Simple as.

If there was a genuine left in American politics, the current system in the US would prevent it from ever getting anywhere, by way of permitting all manner of ridiculous campaign contributions from private donors and public ones alike. A real, left wing alternative to the increasingly far right nonsense of the Republican Party, and the Right wing in a lefty dress mess that is the Democrat Party, would thump both these parties in the crotch until their eyes bugged out, and bury them in shallow graves, for all that either would ever get back into power, because given a REAL understanding of what left and right really mean in politics, not an American understanding of the meaning of these terms, most folk would get behind the new group on the basis of policy alone, especially when they realise that unless you get extensive service breadth and quality in return for your tax payments, there is a good chance you got screwed along the line some place.

edit on 25-7-2018 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'm actually noticing sunlight through the thick smog of propaganda. It was bad the past couple of years and toxic imo. Recently I think people are less inflammatory towards each other and the partisanship isn't quite as all-consuming and pervasive.

There might be daylight once more in the sunny shires of ATS. Ahhh fresh air.

We can get back to squabbling over UFO hoaxes and the darned Muslims.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The residents of the USA, even those with their eyes open to a degree are politically incompetent, and do not understand politics, any of them, not even the slightest bloody thing about politics, anywhere in the world, in their own nation, anywhere else, and there are reasons for that.

Luckily we have you
. Guide us blind sheep thou shepherd.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

What makes you think that the left doesn't try.

Because guess what , they do.

Tons of propaganda coming from the right and left all the time.

Recent examples:

Left: Trump is putting babies in cages.

Right: Obama admitted to being born in kenya.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
So why doesn’t the left do the same???

In a world where this:

is an accurate assessment of how the majority of the MSM treats liberal politicians, you're honestly asking a question that assumes the left hasn't already mastered the art of partisan pandering and manipulative propaganda-level bull$hit?

LOL! You're funny.

The 2016 election... those were fun times.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Eh, there may be more right wing people on this site.

If ATS is a macrocosm of the country.

Trump haters ain't got a jacksnip chance of taking the midterms.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
The right wing media has made a cottage industry out of creating an alternate reality where “they are comming to get your guns” , “Shiria law is comming to America”, “lock her up”, exc... and the crazier and more far fetched the narrative the more people buy into it..

It really is amazing the way the rightwing media has played white identity politics for decades , yet all they had to do was claim the left was playing identity politics and they successfully painted the left as the pinnacle of identity politics..

They run around being PC police about every single issue except gay and minority rights, yet somehow it is the left who are the PC police.. Just look at the James Gunn situation..

They have created a culture amongst the conservative base where they will literally believe ANYTHING they tell them..

Trump is under FBI investigation with multiple of his inner circle already being prosecuted, but yet hilllary Clinton and obama are the criminals yet they are not even being considered for an fbi investigation..

Some how they have convinced their base that all the scientists, teachers, college professors, celebrities, unions , media are in a vast conspiracy against republicans with zero evidence to back their claim...

So why doesn’t the left do the same???

How are those tactics so successful to the conservative base, but they don’t work on the left???

No matter what they are actually doing or accused of doing all they do is say “I know you are but what am I” and their base just eats it up with a spoon...

Some bigwig conservative says something racist and their rebuttal is “no your the racist for accusing me of racism”..

AND LOTS OF PEOPE BUY IT?!?!

Right wing supremist groups have committed murder and violence for generations all while supporting conservatives with fundraising and support.. Then the claim the left is really the violent ones and people buy it hook line and sinker..

So should the left wing media try the same tactic???

If they started spouting ridiculous conspiracy theories that went nowhere would the left wing base but it more and actually activate to stop it???

I know it’s a crazy thought but results speak louder than words.. and the conservative shills have undeniably gotten results..

Those tactic are as old as civilization, yet they always seem to work.. we have stories of demogogery working all through out human history..

From Athens and Sparta to the Iraq war demogogery always seems to work and it is generations later before people recognize they were duped.. by then they believe a whole new demogoge , who it will take another couple generations to recognize..

Please see Occupy Democrats, the other 98%, Buzzfeed, CNN, Vox..dear lord do you live in a bubble?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I must have wandered into Bizarro ATS. The media is 90% liberal and runs propaganda 24/7.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I know a couple who so admire the honesty and integrity of Blitzer and CNN that they named their son Wolf. True story.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

The only reason people on ether side say that snops is biased is because they don't reaffirm their beliefs.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Breitbart, Infowars and sites like 'punditgateway' or whatever are stunning examples of partisan propaganda from the right-wing extremes. They're also brilliant in achieving what they set out to do which is influencing readers towards similar beliefs and ideology. People love that #!

Over in the left-wing extremes there are garbage propaganda sites like Occupy Democrats. For some reason, the far-left are nowhere near as good (or as popular) at creating the Breitbarts and I'm not sure why. It's easy to turn opposition politicians into caricatures and opposition voters are easy to ridicule too. The Left just don't seem to have the razzle-dazzle of their Right-wing opponents. I'm not saying the left are better, or more honourable, they just don't have the skills and I've no doubts they'd love a popular site like Breitbart.

TDS and snowflake have been the nuclear weapons of shutting down debate and the Left have failed miserably to generate their own negative insults. They've had two and a half years to come up with one good 'STFU insult' and can't do it.

Maybe they should try straightforward and honest and be the first party in decades to use 'tell the truth' as an ethos?? I must have been spiked or banged my head to suggest 'truth' as a political instrument!!
that’s not fully accurate. The left has captured much of the mainstream media and higher ed system. Often the constant race and gender bating IS the “razzle dazzle” of the left, including convincing half the population we are overrun by Nazis and in league with Russia. That is propaganda and manipulation.
edit on 25-7-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

“The left has captured the media” how??

A) Are they paying them off to lie??

Or

B) do they (reporters and intellectuals) , the smartest most informed people on the planet refuse to buy the conservative propaganda???

Because A is corruption..

B is not..

So please explain to me who is paying them off and what tangible return in investment are they getting back??

“Control” lol?!?! (Which doesn’t actually mean anything.. control is what people say when they don’t have a motivation that makes dollars and sense..

Appeasing their satanic god?? Lol

It is propaganda meant to fool stupid people.. they can’t even come up with a logistical theory for how it works or how it is profitable..

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

As far as race and gender baiting ..

At what point has the right ever not race baited???

The only difference is they race bait white Americans and ALWAYS have..

For some unknown reason, maybe because we are the majority. White identity politics don’t seem to count as identity politics when that is exactly what it is..

Conservatives have been pushing the fear of “violent black uprisings” since before they were democrats. Lol

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

In conservative propaganda land EVERYONE and EVERYTHING that isn’t conservative is “the left” and in a vast conspiracy against them..

When the truth is all those various seperate media agencies, scientists and scholars just don’t buy their nonsense..

Because it is based on logical fallacies that “sound good” and mean nothing.,

Hell half of the rights talking points are the example for logical fallacies when the give an example with the definition..

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

Occupy democrats aren’t running anything..

That is right wing propaganda 101 and has its own little logical fallacy on the 3,000 year old list we have from Athens..

They point to some random nobody with no real authority spouting nonsense and pretend like they get to speak for “the left”..

Ana sarkinson doesn’t speak for the left.. she is not an elected official..

Random college kids do not get to speak for the left.. they are not elected officials..

There was a time when everyone agreed Internet commenters don’t count.. now they are used to verify every two bit rightwing conspiracy theory..

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Only if you buy the rightwing propaganda circus..

So who is paying them off to lie??

How logistically does that work out lol??

So someone is paying off all these thousands of independent media agencies and all the scientists and all of hollywood , for what profit based motive??

If you don’t buy the rightwing media complex ‘s ridiculous conspiracy theories then all those totally seperate media companies are basically telling the truth and Fox News , infowars and true pundit are lying.

One thing is for sure.. one side definaly is..

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Then why did he lose the popular vote when his opponent was the most unlikeable politician in history??

In an election when the media told everyone on repeats “don’t worry about voting.. it isn’t like he is gonna win anyway..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join