It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Da Vinci Code: Further Reading?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I hope this is the correct forum for this, but:

I'm almost finished reading the book and it really got me thinking. Now, I know the story is fiction, but if I remember right, bits and pieces were based on fact. (Please correct me if I'm wrong) Since I'm not in school at the moment, I would like a little something to keep me busy and maybe get me back into 'research-mode' for when I return to school in the fall. I wanted to form a list a books and websites that might give me some more general infomation. I'm not sure if I'll write up a proper report, I just take notes just for me.

I thought this would be interesting since the book talked about pagans feminine-worship and I've recently been introduced to Wicca, Paganism, etc.

Well, anyone care to help me get started?
Thanks alot.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
i would recommend 'the historical illuminati chronicles' trilogy by robert anton wilson as a good follow on for the davinci code.

if you want some REALLY heavy reading, try 'the illuminatus' trilogy by robert anton wilson & robert shea (but i recommend that book regardless anyway hehe)

oops - almost forgot to mention 'ishtar rising: or, why the goddess went to hell and what to expect now that she's returning' by robert anton wilson

[edit on 21-2-2005 by justyc]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Just start reading any anthropology history. Its all there, we looked to the moon and sun long before we looked to God. We used to have calendars based on the Moon and Feminine, then switched to the Sun and Masculine.
Goddesses used to hold our attention, now it is a God. Maybe in another 2000 years it will be Science...who knows.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
there is much available, it just depends on your angle of approach. where you
begin and where you are going. some of the subjects discussed in TDVC
have been argued to the point of degrees, and the difference between the
original and current prime meridian 15 degrees as i recall.

an analogy that has been used is that the lines of this story are like threads in a tapestry . where do YOU want to start?

[edit on 22-2-2005 by stalkingwolf]

top topics

join