It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Mars Rocks with Notable Features

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hey never say never they just found the First Oregon dinosaur bone .

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide
a reply to: Blue Shift

I think because the photo of the last one you posted was taken in the shade, makes it look poor quality (to me). I would of liked to have seen a sunlit photo of the same area because those markings make it look like something has been turning the soil over. Done by the rover maybe?

It's possible. It's really pretty small, though. The rover is not really built for archeology, that's for sure, and bashes a lot of stuff around. There are some grains of sand and other debris around, but many of the items of interest seem to be embedded in the rock. I found another image with different lighting and put them together for comparison:

I don't think it clarifies a whole lot. Some sand got into it. At least they didn't drill right into it.
edit on 19-11-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hiding in the shadows:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
A strange arch shape.

Sol 2235

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide
A strange arch shape.

Yeah, I know those calcium veins can take all kinds of twists, but I'm not quite sure how something like that happens. It would have to settle into a crack evenly, but in a curve, then have the rest of the rock erode away, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Oh, well, I'm no exogeologist.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Something that caught my eye:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Odd "slice" of a rock with some kind of thing attached to it, coming out of a hole in its side? Don't know. Lot of odd looking rocks in this area:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 6-12-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Some kind of broken cross-section of a sponge or something? Repeating circular holes.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
JPL doesn't look for the same things I do.
edit on 10-12-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I don't ordinarily look for artifacts. These parallel features usually mean some kind of stratified layering. But these look like partially buried pipes of some kind.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here's a cross-eye 3-D stereo pair. Curious.

edit on 10-12-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Couple of fun rocks. Ol' Greenie here:

And then there's this one, which looks like a rock wrapped in another rock:

Lots of other fun stuff in that image.

Looks like something fell off the rover.

edit on 11-12-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Colorful.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Odd pile of junk with some of the odd stuff highlighted.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 17-12-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

Concretion:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 17-12-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
This one is also interesting, note the object near the centre.

I have no idea what it is, looks like a starfish animal/plant thingy.

One of my favorites.

How about the piece of metal looking wreckage in the lower right hand corner(ish) that looks very different than the rocks and appears to cast a shadow underneath it.

More fanciful - note the two eyes poking out from above it and then go look in all the cracks around the rock outcropping - you can see this same shape/pattern all over the place.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This thread is great and I’m surprised I hadn’t found it before - glad I did!

I’ve never figured out how to post pictures so unfortunately I can’t post some of what I’ve found - but you all posted some good ones.

I spent a lot of time going through various JPL files and cropping/trying to clarify photos and also found some very interesting object, structures, items floating, etc. ran some of it by someone with a photo analyst background and came to realize there’s some weird stuff out there that probably “shouldn’t be” given what we are told about Mars.

This said, I have a few thoughts on the artificial hunting subject:

1 - Photos are taken for a reason. We didn’t spend all of this time and money to randomly take photos of rocks. If you’re looking at a picture, there’s a compelling reason they took it.

2 - They lie about scale. Scale matters. I can show you something and once I tell you it’s the size of a pencil and then scale everything against that you lose all perception. I believe we have all been deceived with JPLs scaling insertions in photos.

3 - All of the Mars photos are part of a recon mission. Ultimately, we’re either trying to figure out what’s going on with Mars for future or current classified military activity. As awesome as Star Trek is, the dark projects world ain’t Starfleet. We’re not going to land people on Mars without know what’s there first - and secure it first - before arrival. At absolutely minimum, we’ll do a hell of a deep dive with rovers and orbiters to be darn sure what we’re dealing with.

That said, I believe the whole exercise of Mars exploration is military in nature. No way people in the military don’t want to know whats going on out there. I’d honestly be surprised if there aren’t “boots on the ground”. Said another way, if military tech is +20 years in the future from what we know about, and we are shooting for Mars in a decade or two - we’re probably there already.

There’s also the point of these pictures generally being unclear. That’s bogus. We could take ridiculously clear photos from space 30 years ago of Earth - like read a newspaper headline clearly from orbit. All we get is a grainy picture of a rock? Don’t think so.

No way we’ll know anything about this for a long time - but I’d be very, very surprised if there wasn’t a whole lot more either going on or discovered on Mars than we’re aware of - and these “artifacts” are just the few examples we can easily locate about it - which NASA can then dent as lunatics hoping to find something and keep the masses in the dark.

Little wonky but hey, it’s ATS, and this is the conclusion I have come to.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Not image related, but related theory.

I thought it was pretty good, as an exercize.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
No way we’ll know anything about this for a long time - but I’d be very, very surprised if there wasn’t a whole lot more either going on or discovered on Mars than we’re aware of - and these “artifacts” are just the few examples we can easily locate about it - which NASA can then dent as lunatics hoping to find something and keep the masses in the dark.

Little wonky but hey, it’s ATS, and this is the conclusion I have come to.

I seriously doubt that there is or was anything ever living on Mars. That being said, all I have primarily are the images. There are unusual shapes in the rocks that look like they might have arisen as a result of biological activity. Things that you'd see on Earth and just say, "Well, that's a fossil of some kind." I look mostly for biological traces, because I really can't imagine that there was any industrial civilization on Mars at any time. The obvious difficulty is that if you were a rock hound on Earth, you'd get to pick up the rocks and look at them up close from various angles, hit them with a little pick hammer and maybe lick them to see what they look like moist. We'd get a lot clearer understanding of what they are if we could do that, but we can't.

So we take the images and look them over and try to determine if these shapes we see are a result of random processes, or might they be leftover shapes created by something biological (or if they're artifacts). There are a lot of interesting shapes that make you think, "Hmmm..."

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
This one is also interesting, note the object near the centre.
I have no idea what it is, looks like a starfish animal/plant thingy.

It could also possibly be a leak in one of those cracks that has somehow become filled with that calcium mix that seems to be everywhere. Anyway, that's a good example of one. They're not all that clear.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Here's a Mars Insight image. Curious cross-hatching on the rock, I think.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Lichen? Very hard to see with the yellow filter all jacked up, but you can see what's going on when you readjust the levels:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Looks like of like an arch. And there's a little hatch of some kind. Unfortunately, this kind of stuff has a tendency to vanish when you take a closer look.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 5-2-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join