It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another confirmed fabricated racism sob story

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: trollz

"We don't tip Superman's Father..."

that one took me a few seconds before i got it.
ha ha ha
nice

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think what it means is that we need to go back to the days of "innocent until proven guilty." Remember that?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Yea and Reddit users flamed anyone pointing out it might have been faked.

Was the customer blamed for this?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Are any of the usual race-baiting keyboard warriors like Shaun King involved?

Agent provocateurs... everywhere. And the media loves this #

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Melen

There are certainly pretend victims, but it's hardly "every time" and DAILY there is video and such posted with proof. I guess you missed all of those?

Take it up with the people making these false claims. They're the ones stealing credibility of real victims. Allegations are meaningless without evidence. Exactly why all these people spreading lies/rumors about President Trump are actually doing vastly more harm than anything they've accused us of doing.

Can't just take evidence-less claims of racism/discrimination/even actual crimes at face value. Have to have supporting evidence, or it didn't happen. And just to be sure, "Terrorist" is not a "race" or even a religion. Terrorism is a tactic, used in warfare, to harass/terrorize an opposing group with an attached political motivation/goal.

Definitions matter. So does due process

edit on 7/24/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

This entire thread is about minimizing the problems of racism (and now rape) because one person lied.

It almost makes sense to do what some of us more-prudent CCW folks do: invest in a body camera or some type of hidden camera to wear on you. Eliminating the evidence gap is a good solution, while also protecting those who are falsely accused. It is beneficial because it provides the required evidence needed to convict someone beyond a reasonable doubt of a crime they're accused of. It is also beneficial because it protects those falsely accused, by requiring evidence that is not provided and therefore creates reasonable doubt as to the person's guilty.

That is actually the premise behind "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" and the concept of "innocent until proven guilty"

None of which negates the fact that plenty of actual sexual & racially motivated crimes are committed as well as a litany of non-criminal hate-related interactions. I think the OP is just pointing out that these cases harm real victims, and deserve stern condemnation and criminal charges when laws are broken.

I think it also highlights the inherent shortcomings of attempting to levy arbitrary penalties against a person not otherwise charged with criminal offenses.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
This is what happens when you create a market value system out of identity politics - people are going to exploit it and be exploited by it.

The sad thing is only a small fraction of the outraged individuals that originally heard this story when it went viral will learn that it was all bogus. So the opportunists using this type of garbage to justify their quixotic crusade still win whether it is reality or not.
This, and when individuals know that it will automatically be believed, then some unscrupulous individuals will weaponize claims of things ranging from racism to sexual assault.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Melen

originally posted by: Sheye
Did the waiter get charged with a crime ?

Nothing out there yet. Doesn't look like the waiter has been fired, either. Either that or the media hasn't picked that up yet. Personally, I would certainly fire, immediately, any employee that lied about a customer in any way.
We need to have harsh consequences for those individuals who make up false racism, sexism, or rape charges. Not only can they destroy another individual or company, they are undermining actual legitimate efforts to address real injustice or situations. I have nothing but the utmost contempt for such people.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Of course there is real bigotry or prejudice out there. However, glossing over instances like this doesn’t help social justice. It also doesn’t respect that sometimes the falsely accused person is the victim in that situation. Individuals matter, and those people may need resolution.

If you care about justice, you have to root out those who use it as a cover for their own machinations.

Further, people have to know there are consequences for slander or defamation.

edit on 24-7-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Not often I agree with someone 100%.

But this time I do.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
A major issue though in our current climate is that when it comes to racism, sexism, or sexual assault allegations, it’s now flipped to guilty until proven innocent.

This is one reason amongst others some take advantage of it, not to mention the social and political capital it carries right now.
a reply to: JBurns

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yet another story picked up by the left and bandied around, that turns out to be fake.

These people should not only be ashamed for the false accusation, but for insulting people who have actual crimes of racism committed against them.

Legal action would be good, defamation of character, false accusations, and fines.
Just like claiming rape when it didnt happen

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The problem with this is that it says something about you, an individual, not everyone as a group.

That's a human trait, but it's still wrong.

Yes, I am human. Thank you for noticing. Did you expect me to apologize for that?

Right and wrong have nothing to do with what I posted. What is, is. Until you figure out a way to change human nature, you are going to be one very disappointed individual expecting it to not exist.

I don't disagree with any of this. The customer should sue, and the employer should fire them immediately, if they haven't already. Hell, can you imagine the business this place is going to lose? Maybe the employer should sue too. There is NO EXCUSE to falsely accuse someone, and people who do deserve (legal) punishment.

And, of course, you miss the point. I agree that the idiot should be fired, and if I were the employer I would profusely apologize, beg for forgiveness, and offer the customer a month's worth of free meals at the employee's expense, taking it out of his last paycheck.

But... then there are people like you who will not even take a solid stance against this kind of occurrence, which exacerbates the issue. Instead of railing against human nature, something you have no ability to affect, try railing against these kind of incidents, which might make a difference if enough people do it. Being silent is being complicit. Being complicit is almost as bad as doing the dirty deed oneself.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Right on. a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
They believed the allegation because Texas.

Meat-eating racists

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

The fact that you used the word black and then continued to use the words middle eastern is very telling. Ya you guys have fun!

Yeah I've never seen such blatant racism before and I've been here for over 5 years. He actually called them what they were. Despicable!

Yeah you guys all have fun with your little KKK meeting. Next thing you know, you'll be calling the sky blue and then I might lose my temper and break the tnc!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

originally posted by: JimNasium

"We don't tip Superman's Father..."

that one took me a few seconds before i got it.
ha ha ha
nice

Well, depending which side of the old Kryptonian conflict you support, he technically COULD really be considered a terrorist. It's really not for us to say... *shrugs*

Clearly the waiter is not well read on Kryptonian History and current Kryptonian Politics. Or this misunderstanding could've been cleared right up.

Obviously he thought they meant like the 9/11, 7/7, Boston Bombers, shoe bomber, Benghazi etc, kind of terrorists... I mean, it's not His fault that a huge number of his people have made themselves synonymous with terrorism, but, he just really should learn about other cultures and that could have helped avoid a Lot of trouble for everyone all around.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

The problem with this is that it says something about you, an individual, not everyone as a group.

That's a human trait, but it's still wrong.

Yes, I am human. Thank you for noticing. Did you expect me to apologize for that?

Right and wrong have nothing to do with what I posted. What is, is. Until you figure out a way to change human nature, you are going to be one very disappointed individual expecting it to not exist.

I don't disagree with any of this. The customer should sue, and the employer should fire them immediately, if they haven't already. Hell, can you imagine the business this place is going to lose? Maybe the employer should sue too. There is NO EXCUSE to falsely accuse someone, and people who do deserve (legal) punishment.

And, of course, you miss the point. I agree that the idiot should be fired, and if I were the employer I would profusely apologize, beg for forgiveness, and offer the customer a month's worth of free meals at the employee's expense, taking it out of his last paycheck.

But... then there are people like you who will not even take a solid stance against this kind of occurrence, which exacerbates the issue. Instead of railing against human nature, something you have no ability to affect, try railing against these kind of incidents, which might make a difference if enough people do it. Being silent is being complicit. Being complicit is almost as bad as doing the dirty deed oneself.

TheRedneck

Exactly! Real racism gets punished severely, and this is worse than an act of racism, this is attempting to paint an innocent person with such a horrible and long lasting label, yet this person will just be allowed to go on with their life. Being fired will be their only punishment for this hate crime.

So there is very little deterrent for people to do this again. There is however a big deterrent against real racism.

Why do so many people have a vested interest in making white supremacy appear to be much more common and widespread than it is?? Why have we never seen a white person faking racism like this?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Database with hundreds of examples of hoaxes over the last few decades.
www.fakehatecrimes.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Melen
"Every time?" Unfortunately, there are people who are making # up and that really pisses me off. We have enough problems in this world right now that we don't need people fabricating crisis. However, and maybe I'm reading the tone of your post wrong, you seem to be using these examples as proof that people really DONT do this type of thing ("Every time"). That's 100% false. Just because there are jerks who make stuff up doesn't mean the situation isn't actually happening elsewhere. There are certainly pretend victims, but it's hardly "every time" and DAILY there is video and such posted with proof. I guess you missed all of those?

So if this is the start of "there is no racism because person A faked it", you probably know where you can stick that. If I've misunderstood, then I apologize in advance. Not sure how I can misunderstand "Every time" tho.

Of course not every time. He said every time he has heard of something like this.

Obviously he doesn't spend all of his time going to places where you can find racism "with evidence" posted "daily". He obviously does not enjoy viewing racist material every single day like some people might.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join