It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another confirmed fabricated racism sob story

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Khalil Cavil posted on Facebook last week that a customer at Saltgrass Steak House in Odessa, Texas, wrote zero in for his tip and put a note at the top of their receipt that said, "We don't tip Terrorist."

His story quickly gained international attention and the restaurant's corporate office said it had banned the customer responsible.

“After further investigation, we have learned that our employee fabricated the entire story," Terry Turney, COO of Saltgrass Steak House, said in a statement.

"The customer has been contacted and invited back to our restaurant to dine on us."
Source

A few days ago, a waiter at a Texas restaurant claimed he was given a tip of 0 with a note saying "We don't tip terrorists" by a customer dining there. The customer was promptly banned from the restaurant, forbidden to ever eat there again. The story made international news, and the customer in question risked being identified and having their lives ruined by hordes of angry internet vigilantes.
After an investigation took place, it was discovered that the waiter made the entire thing up, which he personally admitted after being questioned.

Every single time I see some story like this, it always ends up having been made up. Jewish students drawing swastikas outside their dorm rooms, blacks painting racial slurs outside their homes, middle eastern waiters writing notes to themselves about being terrorists... Every time. These people are attempting to inflame racial and religious tensions for their own pity, fame, and sometimes monetary gain by begging for donations online to overcome the dire hardships they seemingly face in life. These people need to be treated in the same way as people would be treated for actually committing the act.
Pretending to be a victim for social media fame is about as pathetic as you can possibly get.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Obviously didn't know about Milli Vanilli. The public doesn't take well to frauds.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
"Every time?" Unfortunately, there are people who are making # up and that really pisses me off. We have enough problems in this world right now that we don't need people fabricating crisis. However, and maybe I'm reading the tone of your post wrong, you seem to be using these examples as proof that people really DONT do this type of thing ("Every time"). That's 100% false. Just because there are jerks who make stuff up doesn't mean the situation isn't actually happening elsewhere. There are certainly pretend victims, but it's hardly "every time" and DAILY there is video and such posted with proof. I guess you missed all of those?

So if this is the start of "there is no racism because person A faked it", you probably know where you can stick that. If I've misunderstood, then I apologize in advance. Not sure how I can misunderstand "Every time" tho.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

we don't tip terrorist'

Who doesn't know that snip is a fabrication?

Biggest two reason is.

Islam is a religion that's learned out of a book.

Terrorism is a bastardization of that religion learned out of a book.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Lol....that there was funny....i dont care who ya are.

Its like false rape claims....it kills the credibility of the legit cases and peeps quit reporting it. Sad....what was his endgame?

a reply to: intrepid

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

"We don't tip Superman's Father..."

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

what was his endgame?

15 minutes of fame.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is what happens when you create a market value system out of identity politics - people are going to exploit it and be exploited by it.

The sad thing is only a small fraction of the outraged individuals that originally heard this story when it went viral will learn that it was all bogus. So the opportunists using this type of garbage to justify their quixotic crusade still win whether it is reality or not.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

we don't tip terrorist'

Who doesn't know that snip is a fabrication?

Biggest two reason is.

Islam is a religion that's learned out of a book.

Terrorism is a bastardization of that religion learned out of a book.

Terrorism isn't just a thing in (corrupted) Islam. Do you all really believe the only terrorists in the world are followers of Islam? Cause that's just whacky. I mean, the IRA WERENT (edited, I typod "were") followers of Islam or do you maintain they weren't a terrorist organization? How about Stephen Paddock, a white guy, who killed 58 people? Not a terrorist?

This idea that *terrorists* are only followers of Islam shows a huge lack of critical thinking and knowledge about history, both current and past.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Melen because: (no reason given)

(post by Melen removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Melen

Do you all really believe the only terrorists in the world are followers of Islam?

Obviously not.

The article in the op was probably referring to Bots.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Pathetic, we no longer live in an honest society, or did we ever? This is the age of disinformation and misinformation and of course, people will self service themselves with lies in order to justify their own inadequacies

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The fact that you used the word black and then continued to use the words middle eastern is very telling. Ya you guys have fun!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

"We don't tip Superman's Father..."

Ha! You win the internet today!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Did the waiter get charged with a crime ?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Did the waiter get charged with a crime ?

Nothing out there yet. Doesn't look like the waiter has been fired, either. Either that or the media hasn't picked that up yet. Personally, I would certainly fire, immediately, any employee that lied about a customer in any way.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

"The customer has been contacted and invited back to our restaurant to dine on us."

Hmmm I dunno I don't think i'd ever set foot in the restaurant again if I was the customer.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Pretty sure firing the guy is a no brainer.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Melen? As in melen head? Its the cumulative effect of false claims over time that dilute the real crime in bothe the public eye and police action. In other words false claims make it scarier for real crime victims to come forward. Lokk at the stats.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
The fact that you used the word black and then continued to use the words middle eastern is very telling. Ya you guys have fun!

Telling of what? I was referring to three separate unrelated incidents. Did you forget to mention that I also referred to a Jewish student? Am I implying that Jews, blacks, and middle easterners are all the same? Or am I implying that one can not also be either of the other two? You seem to be confused, because your post doesn't actually mean anything. "Oh, look! You used different words! Ha, wow, what a moron!"

So, telling of what?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join