It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, how does Google do that?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Google is freakin creepy. And getting creepier every year. Just wait till they figure a way to tap into brain waves.

You're assuming that they haven't already.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
This is a true story...I set up a gmail account for Mom when she was still alive. She was clueless with computers, but wanted an email account. I intentionally did not use any of my information to set it up (email or otherwise).

Several years later I bought a new laptop from the computer store. When I got it all set up, I went to google looking for something. I looked up in the upper righthand corner...and I was logged into Google as Mom!!!

It was a brand new computer, without one trace of my travels on it! I had not set up any email, not logged into anything at all. It was my first search on a brand new computer!

I slammed the laptop closed so hard I almost broke it in disbelief!

There's NO FREAKING WAY google could have known that...without some serious (and I mean SERIOUS) illegal eavesdropping and data mining from numerous sources!

I've traveled with my laptop, never and then got online and found little things once I get to my destination.

Like going from IN to NE, I would go online in NE. Searched for a Chevy dealer near me, and got ads for a dealer in Burlington, IA on Iowas border w/ Illinois.

I think some laptops have built in GPS tracking. Or, first search, google copped your IP addy, and knew it was you, from last activity on that IP addy.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Brywilson2

Or, first search, google copped your IP addy, and knew it was you, from last activity on that IP addy.

If you're logged into Gmail or YT, Google is tracking your activity. You can use VPNs and anything else and it won't matter whilst you're logged in. On top of that, the IPs you use will be associated with any YT or Google log-ins so you can log-out (or go private) and Google will associate the IPs with you regardless.

It's worse with your android phones because they're registered with a specific email account. Everything the phone does is linked to the identity of the emails addy. You can VPN and switch off GPs and Google will still be linking the phone's activities to the email address identity.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

That, and any traffic already has the IP address of the WiFi host encapsulated in it, automatically giving away your location.

This one isn't really that surprising, it's Google using predictive advertising / targeted advertising. I can readily see how this would happen. The one with my mom on the other hand, is a real head-scratcher. There's no way they could have done that without some really clandestine methods.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You can use different approaches to mask out your original IP and it's possible to be almost untraceable from MS or Linux. Google's too busy recording everything to stop tracking your every move, search and, occasionally, your unwitting voice.

It's been said that most modern media is basically a means to deliver advertising so we buy stuff. I believe it. Google's taken it to another level and everyone else is following behind in their wake. It isn't what's out front or buried in my Google account that bothers me, it's the stuff they withhold and the metadata they can convert into powerful hoodoo for political ends. They're very much in the business of societal change these days and it gives me the creeps. Good intentions are fine, but NOBODY has asked them to.

The one with my mom on the other hand, is a real head-scratcher. There's no way they could have done that without some really clandestine methods.

Nope. I can't explain your experience without accusing you of fibbing, fantasising or having a senior moment. I don't know you well enough to go down that road.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It's all routed through NSA servers.

Trust No One.

Especially Google.

edit on 25-7-2018 by AlienOutlaw because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join