It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News booked the wrong Democrat on a show. She used the spotlight to unload on Trump.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Ah so you are one of those types who think that Eurocentric culture is the only way to be "civilized". Too bad you are still wrong. Also there is more land south of Mexico. When you get below Panama there is this WHOLE other continent. Surprising right? Well if you go study geography then you can learn these things and more.

Lol.

Texting and driving isn't a felony. At least not in my state. I can't speak for whatever state you live in that wants to police people so ridiculously like that though.

Now you only care about semantics? Ok so there is another continent that just barely touches the tip of South America and we could claim Antarctica on your list of places while we are at it and on and on.. Go find someone else to troll with the geography playschool tripe.

LOL is right. So true it's crazy.

If it isn't a felony in your state, it should be something other than a slap on the wrist especially when that person that texted while they are driving have a high chance of killing someone else. But it's ok since it hasn't happened to you or anyone in your family yet. So it doesn't matter all that much apparently. I digress it isn't the topic of discussion but whatever.

edit on 24-7-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: Krazysh0t

No they are afraid of unvetted criminals.

Do you lock your door at night, or when you leave the house? Do you let people stay in your house if you don’t know who they are?

I've never understood that line of argument.

A home is not comparable to an entire nation and it's borders.

One is a private dwelling and the other is a public space in which not one person has any right to anything over any other person.

The comparisons are easy. Because the answers are the same.

do me a favor and answer these questions.

Do you lock your doors at night or when you leave the house? And why?

Do you let people you don’t know stay at your house for free while you buy them food and medicine. And why

Yes, the answers may be the same, but the two are not comparable, so you are creating a false equivalence.

The questions are rather silly and show that you may not understand the concept of public and private.
You forgot to explain why you lock your doors?

Why I lock my doors does not correlate to any sort of justification for any sort of immigration/border policy.

Again, you are relying on a false equivalence.
edit on 24-7-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Do you lock your door at night, or when you leave the house? Do you let people stay in your house if you don’t know who they are?

One is a private dwelling and the other is a public space in which not one person has any right to anything over any other person.

Yeah. That's why I didn't address that point of his and just erased it.
is everybody allowed in our country? Can anybody take part in our federal welfare system?

Here is a hint, our borders are our doors. Our border guards are our locks. People require permission to enter, and that permission requires identification. If someone comes into your house or borrows your car without permission, That is very much the same as someone entering my country and using the welfare system.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Do you let people you don’t know stay at your house for free while you buy them food and medicine. And why

Yes, the answers may be the same, but the two are not comparable, so you are creating a false equivalence.

The questions are rather silly and show that you may not understand the concept of public and private.

Why I lock my doors does not correlate to any sort of justification for any sort of immigration/border policy.

We are not talking about our immigration policies, we are talking about people who are avoiding our immigration process.

There is a big difference. But what is so difficult about our Actualimmigration process
edit on 24-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

Ah so you are one of those types who think that Eurocentric culture is the only way to be "civilized". Too bad you are still wrong. Also there is more land south of Mexico. When you get below Panama there is this WHOLE other continent. Surprising right? Well if you go study geography then you can learn these things and more.

Lol.

Texting and driving isn't a felony. At least not in my state. I can't speak for whatever state you live in that wants to police people so ridiculously like that though.

Now you only care about semantics? Ok so there is another continent that just barely touches the tip of South America and we could claim Antarctica on your list of places while we are at it and on and on.. Go find someone else to troll with the geography playschool tripe.

Antarctica was discovered much much later. Also no one was living on it when it was found. Furthermore only scientists are really trying to move there.

If it isn't a felony in your state, it should be or something other than a slap on the wrist especially when that person that texted while he was driving has a high chance of killing someone else. But it's ok since it hasn't happened to you or anyone in your family yet. So it doesn't matter all that much apparently.

It's just a fine here. Also, I'm not going to debate to you the merits for or against imprisoning people who text and drive. That isn't the thread topic. Though since you've already decided my opinion, you are welcome to debate it in your head with the strawman of me that you've erected.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

But why do you lock your door? Just answer the question. Spell out the words.

link   

a reply to: Woodcarver

Intovert already explained to you that locking up your house is not a similar comparison to immigration into a country. So constantly making requests to answer the question which I went out of my way to ignore isn't going to make me suddenly unignore it.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. It doesn't really come down to fear of crime... It's really that our economy couldn't handle the amount of people who would want to come here should we let them. What would all of them do here? Do we have jobs and living situations for them? You do realize that's why we don't make it a cake walk to get over here right? That said it's not as hard as you stated earlier. To my knowledge, all you need is an employer to sponsor you and you get a green card to work until you can set up permanent residency, then citizenship.

Now, I still think it would be easier for us to have a less intrusive and disruptive foreign policy that essentially makes these countries unfavorable to live. Or, we could rethink how we spend billions of money on the war on drugs, and allocate some of that towards trying to actually turn those country habitable.

link   
dbl
edit on 24-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

link   
dbl
edit on 24-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Since so many take issue with private vs public area...one should ask if they would have a problem with folks setting up permanent homesteads in all of their local public parks, beaches, protected lands, ectera?

Limits were created for the benefit of all. If it becomes a free for all...all will eventually suffer and lose more in the long run.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Yeah. That's why I didn't address that point of his and just erased it.
is everybody allowed in our country?

Currently? No.

Can anybody take part in our federal welfare system?

No. You have to meet some severely strict requirements that even citizens that have lived their entire lives here can have trouble meeting. Hell you can be near destitute and still fail to qualify for welfare benefits with the way some of the requirements are.

Here is a hint, our borders are our doors. Our border guards are our locks. People require permission to enter, and that permission requires identification. If someone comes into your house or borrows your car without permission, That is very much the same as someone entering my country and using the welfare system.

Heh. We don't need a hint. We both got the comparison you are attempting to make. We just don't see it as a valid one. That's why we aren't answering the question. Patronizing us by pretending like you are giving us a hint on the matter isn't going to change that.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

We are not talking about our immigration policies, we are talking about people who are avoiding our immigration process.

There is a big difference. But what is so difficult about our Actualimmigration process

Of course we are talking about immigration and border policy.

Why else would you be asking about locking doors?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Intovert already explained to you that locking up your house is not a similar comparison to immigration into a country. So constantly making requests to answer the question which I went out of my way to ignore isn't going to make me suddenly unignore it.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. It doesn't really come down to fear of crime... It's really that our economy couldn't handle the amount of people who would want to come here should we let them. What would all of them do here? Do we have jobs and living situations for them? You do realize that's why we don't make it a cake walk to get over here right? That said it's not as hard as you stated earlier. To my knowledge, all you need is an employer to sponsor you and you get a green card to work until you can set up permanent residency, then citizenship.

Got any statistical proof of these fears? Because all the math I've seen on the matter says we are looking at a very serious worker shortage in the future as the Boomer population retires and dies off.

Now, I still think it would be easier for us to have a less intrusive and disruptive foreign policy that essentially makes these countries unfavorable to live. Or, we could rethink how we spend billions of money on the war on drugs, and allocate some of that towards trying to actually turn those country habitable.

Well at least we have some middle ground to agree with on this one.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I will not play your idiotic game of false equivalencies.

The answer you want to hear opens the door for many slippery slopes and I find it funny that people still try to use that approach.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That is why I insist that you spell out the words. Just answer the question. Spell out the words on your screen and hit the reply button.

Why do you lock your doors?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The answer you want to hear opens the door for many slippery slopes and I find it funny that people still try to use that approach.

Just type out the words and hit the reply button. I want to see that you understand. And I want you to explain how are your answer Is not relevant to the border problem.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Got any statistical proof of these fears? Because all the math I've seen on the matter says we are looking at a very serious worker shortage in the future as the Boomer population retires and dies off.

Well at least we have some middle ground to agree with on this one.
That would be a shortage of skilled workers. Not laborers in general. There is a shortage Of college graduates who have the skills that employers are looking for. Like engineers, architects, doctors, and lawyers.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Still for open borders after the flood of illegal opinions in this thread?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Still for open borders after the flood of illegal opinions in this thread?

"Illegal opinions"? Neo, the USA allows for the free expression of thought and speech. It isn't illegal to hold an opinion. I thought you knew that...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Just type out the words and hit the reply button. I want to see that you understand.

I completely understand.

You think locking doors at home some validates or justifies certain border policies, etc.

Well, that causes many problems, if we take that approach.

There is no right to free speech in a personal home. There is no due process. No judge or jury. No right to religious freedom, etc. It is all at the whim of the master of the home. A dictatorship, if you will.

Can we logically extend that to the policies and laws of an entire nation, as you are trying to imply with your stupid question?

No. Of course not. Because there is a difference between private and public.

What makes sense at home does not work in the public arena and the entire "do you lock your doors" approach was lame back in the 80's.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join