It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News booked the wrong Democrat on a show. She used the spotlight to unload on Trump.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This is pretty much where I stand too. I'm not advocating for 100% open borders. The act of illegally hopping the border isn't really that big a deal to me.

You are asking for dry water. you want it to be dark but with plenty of light.

The problem with them hopping the border, is that we don’t ever get to know who they are. They are not hopping the border, and then running to Authorities to identify themselves. They are getting jobs illegally, they are not paying taxes, They do not care about becoming citizens.

link   
a reply to: network dude

US Immigration laws and policy are #ed up. Plain and simple. There is no easier way to say it. There is too much effort put in fighting the wave instead of addressing why the wave exists in the first place. Because of this, these illegals are just another wedge issue we can beat each other over the head with and call the other side "traitors" for not agreeing with the side we sit on. Illegals crossing the border aren't the problem. Our terrible laws and policies are the problem. The war on drugs is the problem. Our terrible track record dealing with countries to the south of us is the problem. There is a reason we aren't trying to kick tons of Canadian illegals out of the country and can keep that border damn near wide open with only crossing points at roads and highways.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So you see no problem going out to eat at a restaurant where you have made a reservation. You arrived on time and are told a table will be available shortly. As you are waiting watching a table being cleared...another family sneaks in and takes you table and starts ordering.

You are then asked to continue to wait for another opening...then OMG! It happens again! your family are tired and hungry...if the restaurant followed the rules and refused to serve those that snuck in and ask them to wait in line...you would have been served promptly.

One should not reward those that do not play by the rules nor cheat. That is what will harm society more in the long run. Illegals slow the whole orderly process of legal immigration.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I think I finally see the problem with your way of thinking. You appear to be a dualist. You apparently see the world as a series of either/or decisions, while I allow for much more nuance.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

US Immigration laws and policy are #ed up. Plain and simple. There is no easier way to say it. There is too much effort put in fighting the wave instead of addressing why the wave exists in the first place. Because of this, these illegals are just another wedge issue we can beat each other over the head with and call the other side "traitors" for not agreeing with the side we sit on. Illegals crossing the border aren't the problem. Our terrible laws and policies are the problem. The war on drugs is the problem. Our terrible track record dealing with countries to the south of us is the problem. There is a reason we aren't trying to kick tons of Canadian illegals out of the country and can keep that border damn near wide open with only crossing points at roads and highways.
The #ing wave exists because Obama told them to get here and then we deal with them.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

So you see no problem going out to eat at a restaurant where you have made a reservation. You arrived on time and are told a table will be available shortly. As you are waiting watching a table being cleared...another family sneaks in and takes you table and starts ordering.

You are then asked to continue to wait for another opening...then OMG! It happens again! your family are tired and hungry...if the restaurant followed the rules and refused to serve those that snuck in and ask them to wait in line...you would have been served promptly.

One should not reward those that do not play by the rules nor cheat. That is what will harm society more in the long run. Illegals slow the whole orderly process of legal immigration.

What rules? I'm not aware of any rules requiring a restaurant to seat people in order or to adhere to a queue system. Now if I experienced such a thing in reality I just wouldn't come back to the restaurant in the future. Maybe I'd leave a negative review online, but I fail to see how your situation relates to what we are talking about as no rules are being violated here. Only expectation. The expectation to be seated following a proper FIFO (first-in, first-out) queue.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

-Immigration up until the 1900's didn't use to require paperwork... Also, are you forgetting that there were already millions of people living on these two continents before the Europeans arrived?

-HAHAHAHA. You should go restudy history. We've been having these "I'm scared of immigrants" debates since the Germans in the 1790's.

-That ain't happening. You may not see those immigrants as people, but most of the world does. Trump got into hot water just trying to enforce the existing laws equally and you want to INCREASE the penalties for all these people? HA! Fat chance of that happening. We aren't a fascist state just yet.

Millions of people living in the ONE continent before the Europeans arrived? There were no nations at that time so it was one giant land mass. The Europeans that occupied the pre-USA portion only encountered an estimated no more than 2-5 million natives over the span of time as the country was being formed. Those natives had no nation, only tribes that controlled large areas of land. They held no claim other than by their heritage which was no longer recognized by the colonials with their newly formed government.

The point of immigration is giving people the 'chance' to make a new life in America to let them become what they want to be. It was not a means to let anyone to do as they please or enter the US because "reasons". The USA wants people that want to contribute to the economy and the American culture and to assimilate to the way of life. No one is afraid of immigrants.

The country will never be in a fascist state. Most of us want the laws enforced and immigrant people to respect the laws of a sovereign nation and not take advantage of it.

link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

The #ing wave exists because Obama told them to get here and then we deal with them.

Bull#. Stop lying. We've been dealing with illegal immigrant waves since at least Reagan. He legalized a bunch of them, in fact.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

I think I finally see the problem with your way of thinking. You appear to be a dualist. You apparently see the world as a series of either/or decisions, while I allow for much more nuance.

You can make up whatever labels you want. You are still ignoring all of the problems that illegal immigration causes.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
The right wing is looking stupider by the day. Between this and Sasha Baron Cohen exposing the blatant idiocy that is endemic throughout the Republican Party, I couldn’t be more happier.

Mmmm, salty tears. What I think every time I read a thread with page after page of attack and deflection from angry Trump cultists. What a great time to be alive.

I think the Democrats and their three stooges Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez have the trademark on stupidity.

Salty tears? What a joke, you have been crying since Hillary lost the election, two years later and you are still crying.

The amount of salt you clowns have shown since the election would make the Dead Sea taste like fresh spring water.

I look forward to more liberal tears come mid-terms and in 2020. Im sure you'll be here saying MEH RUSSIA!

edit on 24-7-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You can make up whatever labels you want. You are still ignoring all of the problems that illegal immigration causes.

Says you. The guy who seems to think he can read my mind.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

She makes a very good point. Open borders are not the only option. There are many options and degrees at which we can take those options to fit our ideals.

I am an "open border" advocate, but not completely open, as I do believe we still need to have regulated points of entry. Though, I think we need to be much more relaxed on those regulations to the point where damn near anyone could gain entry.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Bull#. Stop lying. We've been dealing with illegal immigrant waves since at least Reagan. He legalized a bunch of them, in fact.
How do you feel about Canada is strict immigration policy? Or what about Australia is strict immigration policies? They really do vet every single person that comes.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

She makes a very good point. Open borders are not the only option. There are many options and degrees at which we can take those options to fit our ideals.

I am an "open border" advocate, but not completely open, as I do believe we still need to have regulated points of entry. Though, I think we need to be much more relaxed on those regulations to the point where damn near anyone could gain entry.
Do you understand why some people do not want an open border policy? Why we may not want nearly every single person to be admitted?

Can you play devils advocate, and list some reasons why we don’t want every single person who wants to live in America to come and be permitted?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Millions of people living in the ONE continent before the Europeans arrived? There were no nations at that time so it was one giant land mass. The Europeans that occupied the pre-USA portion only encountered an estimated no more than 2-5 million natives over the span of time as the country was being formed. Those natives had no nation, only tribes that controlled large areas of land. They held no claim other than by their heritage which was no longer recognized by the colonials with their newly formed government.

The Americas are still two continents regardless of what nations existed here, buddy. Sounds like you need to study up on global geography too. Furthermore, the Natives were VERY diverse groups of people and MANY nations of all sorts existed across both Americas before the Europeans came here. It's clear that your knowledge of Native history is limited to what Hollywood portrays.

The point of immigration is giving people the 'chance' to make a new life in America to let them become what they want to be. It was not a means to let anyone to do as they please or enter the US because "reasons". The USA wants people that want to contribute to the economy and the American culture and to assimilate to the way of life. No one is afraid of immigrants.

There are TONS of people afraid of immigrants in this country.

The country will never be in a fascist state. Most of us want the laws enforced and immigrant people to respect the laws of a sovereign nation and not take advantage of it.

I hope you are right, but trying to make illegal border crossing a felony would be a step in that direction.

link   
Why is it the USA has to be the country to have one of the weakest immigration/border laws versus a place like Canada or Portugal or Switzerland or Italy or Russia or China or Japan or Israel or South Korea.

The countries I listed have some of the most toughest border laws. Why do people want the USA to have a weak border???

link   

Says you. The guy who seems to think he can read my mind.
Can you be honest and list some of the problems that illegal immigration causes?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Do you understand why some people do not want an open border policy? Why we may not want nearly every single person to be admitted?

Yes. If you read what I posted, I said that we still have to have regulated points of entry. That means that not every single person will get in, if they do their job correctly.

Can you play devils advocate, and list some reasons why we don’t want every single person who wants to live in America to come and be permitted?

No.

I am not compelled to play silly games.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

How do you feel about Canada is strict immigration policy? Or what about Australia is strict immigration policies? They really do vet every single person that comes.

I really don't care about those countries as I don't live in them. I care about my own country. Furthermore, I want the USA to stand out from the rest of the pack. I like it when the USA is a trend setter. It's another aspect that makes the US great. Would you rather us be a bunch of followers?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

What rules? I'm not aware of any rules requiring a restaurant to seat people in order or to adhere to a queue system. Now if I experienced such a thing in reality I just wouldn't come back to the restaurant in the future. Maybe I'd leave a negative review online, but I fail to see how your situation relates to what we are talking about as no rules are being violated here. Only expectation. The expectation to be seated following a proper FIFO (first-in, first-out) queue.

Seriously? You have never booked reservations at a restaurant? Maybe I should have used the analogy of purchasing a ticket for specific seats at a concert or show. You do expect to be seated...but then told someone already took your seats for free...and you will just have to return and try again.

The rule of immigrating is to enter legally through proper ports of entry. It is expected that legal should be allowed in to be processed first! The FIFO theory only works if they enter through a port of entry and are properly processed.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join