It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News booked the wrong Democrat on a show. She used the spotlight to unload on Trump.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

while Advocating for open borders.

Ok. I guess talking to you is a waste of time since you clearly don't care about listening to what I'm saying, seeing as how you are making up my arguments for me. I even have specifically said I'm not doing this in the thread too.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The only "problems" it creates are imagined.

You are ignoring the problems that open borders create, while Advocating for open borders.

There is a reason other countries dont have open borders.
I can't go into canada with my indiana plated car with my Indiana drivers license and then get back into America without a passport.

But mexicans....

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The only "problems" it creates are imagined.

You are ignoring the problems that open borders create, while Advocating for open borders.

Guns,gangs,Drugs,Sex trafficking, and pedo shopping spree's.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

-Well calling the British settlers "immigrants" is a nicer word than using the word "invaders", but hey if that is the direction you want to go. In any case, the British didn't start out here. They immigrated to this continent from Britain.

-And the right like to pretend like immigrants aren't important to American history.

-Ok. As long as your are throwing people in prison for breaking misdemeanors, how about throwing them in prison for things like jaywalking too?

-Invaders? What did they invade exactly? I didn't know the colonials had massive armies ready to claim the new land as the USA... They were escaping tyranny from British rule. They immigrated to the continent huh, I wonder what papers they used to get into the country? Did they apply for citizenship? The continent belonged to no one, not even the natives that occupied it.

-Immigrants being important to American history didn't become a thing until colonial states were established and a government was formed. The left try to pretend that this topic of immigration is paramount to the cornerstone of the USA founding principles which it is not. It was never written into the constitution as a mandate nor in the bill of rights. The immigration process had to be created later since holding them at Ellis island wasn't a viable solution because we didn't want to just let anyone in. Open borders....

-Crossing the borders in the USA need to have more severe penalties than just a misdemeanor. It needs to be a considered a felony. So no we won't throw jaywalkers in jail. Just the foreign invaders crossing a sovereign nations borders illegally.

edit on 24-7-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Ok. I guess talking to you is a waste of time since you clearly don't care about listening to what I'm saying, seeing as how you are making up my arguments for me. I even have specifically said I'm not doing this in the thread too.
You said that people hopping the border isn’t a problem for you. That is advocating for open borders.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

You were acting like none of them are criminals. But I guarantee you that some of them are murderers and rapists. Do you not want to separate the wheat from the chaff?

No. I was never "acting" like that. I literally have been saying since page 2, when I clarified what I wanted out of immigration policy, that kicking out troublemakers is a priority.

LOL, and a good way to find these "troublemakers" would be to stop EVERYONE, and find out who they are. or do the bad guys wear signs?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hey folks its only imagined!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

You said that people hopping the border isn’t a problem for you. That is advocating for open borders.

No. THIS is advocating for open borders:
"I want open borders and anyone should be able to walk across the border without ever presenting documentation like a passport".

What I said is that I'm not bothered to the core about someone hopping the border and while the breaking of the law to hop the border is bad, I'm not concerned with kicking them out of the country. The reason for this is because there are so many border hoppers that prioritization is necessary and resources are limited. I'd rather resources be allocated to kicking out the troublemakers than kicking out families just trying to make a better life for themselves.

I #ing hate when people don't allow for nuances in differing opinions and assume either/or arguments like you just did.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

You were acting like none of them are criminals. But I guarantee you that some of them are murderers and rapists. Do you not want to separate the wheat from the chaff?

No. I was never "acting" like that. I literally have been saying since page 2, when I clarified what I wanted out of immigration policy, that kicking out troublemakers is a priority.

LOL, and a good way to find these "troublemakers" would be to stop EVERYONE, and find out who they are. or do the bad guys wear signs?

I'm all for documenting these people. No arguments here.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
Hey folks its only imagined!!!!

Remember Kate always

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

And when you stop them after they just broke our immigration laws, and we find out who they are, we should do what? let the one's who smile pass and go wherever they like? or should we ship them back over the border?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yes somewhere around 700,000 people cross the border illegally every year. None of them have passports. Most of them don’t have any identification at all. The act of them crossing creates the problem where we have to spend money to patrol the desert, detain these people, find out who they are, All while feeding them, housing them, and providing entertainment.

Give me one reason why this is preferable over them coming in through the proper channels?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
-Invaders? What did they invade exactly? I didn't know the colonials had massive armies ready to claim the new land as the USA... They were escaping tyranny from British rule. They immigrated to the continent huh, I wonder what papers they used to get into the country? Did they apply for citizenship? The continent belonged to no one, not even the natives that occupied it.

Immigration up until the 1900's didn't use to require paperwork... Also, are you forgetting that there were already millions of people living on these two continents before the Europeans arrived?

-Immigrants being important to American history didn't become a thing until colonial states were established and a government was formed. The left try to pretend that this topic of immigration is paramount to the cornerstone of the USA founding principles which it is not. It was never written into the constitution as a mandate nor in the bill of rights. The immigration process had to be created later since holding them at Ellis island wasn't a viable solution because we didn't want to just let anyone in. Open borders....

HAHAHAHA. You should go restudy history. We've been having these "I'm scared of immigrants" debates since the Germans in the 1790's.

-Crossing the borders in the USA need to have more severe penalties than just a misdemeanor. It needs to be a considered a felony. So no we won't throw jaywalkers in jail. Just the foreign invaders crossing a sovereign nations borders illegally.

That ain't happening. You may not see those immigrants as people, but most of the world does. Trump got into hot water just trying to enforce the existing laws equally and you want to INCREASE the penalties for all these people? HA! Fat chance of that happening. We aren't a fascist state just yet.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

And when you stop them after they just broke our immigration laws, and we find out who they are, we should do what? let the one's who smile pass and go wherever they like? or should we ship them back over the border?

Well during the Obama years we'd have them check into ICE periodically to make sure they obeying the laws and such. I also, wouldn't mind them being forced to pay a fine for hopping the border. Then we can start working on making them citizens so they can properly contribute to society.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Then why are you advocating for them to cross illegally?

link   

Yes somewhere around 700,000 people cross the border illegally every year. None of them have passports. Most of them don’t have any identification at all. The act of them crossing creates the problem where we have to spend money to patrol the desert, detain these people, find out who they are, All while feeding them, housing them, and providing entertainment.

Give me one reason why this is preferable over them coming in through the proper channels?

Where did I say this was preferable? I'm just seeing the situation as inevitable.

link   

Then why are you advocating for them to cross illegally?

I dunno? Why do you keep putting words in my mouth and assuming my opinions for me?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Well during the Obama years we'd have them check into ICE periodically to make sure they obeying the laws and such. I also, wouldn't mind them being forced to pay a fine for hopping the border. Then we can start working on making them citizens so they can properly contribute to society.
700,000 people cross without ever identifying themselves. But you’re fine with them hopping the border.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The right wing is looking stupider by the day. Between this and Sasha Baron Cohen exposing the blatant idiocy that is endemic throughout the Republican Party, I couldn’t be more happier.

Mmmm, salty tears. What I think every time I read a thread with page after page of attack and deflection from angry Trump cultists. What a great time to be alive.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The Obama administration charged them with a crime, then turned them loose into the US and asked them to come back on their court date. (as long as they hadn't already found a good SSN and new identity to work under, or they really didn't want to come back and get fined)

I do think it's good that you are realizing this ins't as cut and dry as the left has been portraying it to be. Trump will be demonized for this, but he is bringing the issue to the forefront and forcing congress to do something. Something other than turning a blind eye, or hoping we let our moral compass decide which laws to enforce and which one's to ignore.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join