It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News booked the wrong Democrat on a show. She used the spotlight to unload on Trump.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
The nation was not founded by immigrants. It was only called that by leftists as a talking point to justify a means to an end to let anyone in the country. The country was founded by colonials that broke away from British tyranny. The immigrants didn't start flowing in until many years later.

Well calling the British settlers "immigrants" is a nicer word than using the word "invaders", but hey if that is the direction you want to go. In any case, the British didn't start out here. They immigrated to this continent from Britain.

The statue of liberty was not a beacon or a symbol of immigration, It was simply a statue given as a gift from a French artist and the quote for the "Give me your tired, your poor, your etc" wasn't added until a few years after the statue of liberty had been on the island already. The left loves to use these statements to push the agenda that these are excuses to let everyone and anyone in to become citizens.

And the right like to pretend like immigrants aren't important to American history.

I'm an advocate for law and order. You do go to prison for breaking laws, we don't live in places like Sweden that gives trophies to criminals for breaking laws...

Ok. As long as your are throwing people in prison for breaking misdemeanors, how about throwing them in prison for things like jaywalking too?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

The statue of liberty was not a beacon or a symbol of immigration,

Eugenic influence File:Emigrants (i.e. immigrants) landing at Ellis Island -.webm Film by Edison Studios showing immigrants disembarking from the steam ferryboat William Myers, July 9, 1903 Dormitory room for detained immigrants Many of the people immigrating to America hailed from Europe, with Eastern Europe and Southern European immigrants being the primary groups. During this time period, eugenic ideals gained broad popularity and made heavy impact on immigration to the United States by way of exclusion of disabled and "morally defective" people.[

Detention and deportation station Radicals awaiting deportation

, 1920 Immigrants being inspected, 1904 With the passing of the Emergency Quota Act of 1921, the number of immigrants being allowed into the United States declined greatly. The passing of the bill ended the era of mass immigration.[8] After 1924, Ellis Island became primarily a detention and deportation processing station.[24][55] During and immediately following World War II, Ellis Island was used to hold German merchant mariners and "enemy aliens"—Axis nationals detained for fear of spying, sabotage, and other fifth column activity. In December 1941, Ellis Island held 279 Japanese, 248 Germans, and 81 Italians removed from the East Coast.[56] Unlike other wartime immigration detention stations, Ellis Island was designated as a permanent holding facility and was used to hold foreign nationals throughout the war.[57] A total of 7,000 Germans, Italians and Japanese would be ultimately detained at Ellis Island.[24] It was also a processing center for returning sick or wounded U.S. soldiers, and a Coast Guard training base. Ellis Island still managed to process tens of thousands of immigrants per year during this time, but many fewer than the hundreds of thousands per year who arrived before the war. After the war, immigration rapidly returned to earlier levels. The Internal Security Act of 1950 barred members of communist or fascist organizations from immigrating to the United States. Ellis Island saw detention peak at 1,500, but by 1952, after changes to immigration laws and policies, only 30 detainees remained.[24]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He said “we may have to close our Borders for a while while we figure this out”

Do you really not understand the problem with illegal immigrants pouring into our country? There are Between 700,000 -1,000,000 people who cross illegally every year. Is that acceptable to you? You really don’t mind people crossing the border without proper screening?

No I don't understand the "problem" with it. In fact, we need MORE immigrants. As the Baby Boomer generation retires and eventually dies off we will be left with a HUGE generation gap since the birth rate has dropped so significantly. Our total work force is about to drop off and immigrants are the perfect people to replace those retiring Boomers. So if anything, I don't understand the right's irrational fear of immigrants.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

One way is dangerous. It creates mass casualties. Allows for criminals to rape steal and murder the same people you want to protect. It creates a scenario where we have to police the desert. Spending millions to patrol, detain, house, feed, and identify those that take that path.

Criminals aren't EVER "allowed" to rape steal and murder. All three of those actions are illegal regardless of your citizenship status. Furthermore, them being illegal as well as your citizenship status isn't going to stop someone from raping, stealing or murdering. We have plenty of people within our own country that do those things. Also, statistically, most immigrants don't break the law. Even the illegal ones (outside of having hopped the border).
I didn’t say they are allowed, I said it allows for.

link   

What is the solution to the problem then?

What would you do?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It is not a fear of immigrants. You keep twisting words in your favor. It is a fear of lack of security.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

One way is dangerous. It creates mass casualties. Allows for criminals to rape steal and murder the same people you want to protect. It creates a scenario where we have to police the desert. Spending millions to patrol, detain, house, feed, and identify those that take that path.

Criminals aren't EVER "allowed" to rape steal and murder. All three of those actions are illegal regardless of your citizenship status. Furthermore, them being illegal as well as your citizenship status isn't going to stop someone from raping, stealing or murdering. We have plenty of people within our own country that do those things. Also, statistically, most immigrants don't break the law. Even the illegal ones (outside of having hopped the border).

Your semantics is irrelevant. It is statistically proven that immigrants break crimes at a lower rate than native born citizens.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

What would you do?

Il answer for him. Instant citizenship for anyone who sneaks over the border or comes to the border asking for asylum, then lifetime welfare.

link   

It is not a fear of immigrants. You keep twisting words in your favor. It is a fear of lack of security.

Security from what danger?

link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

What would you do?

Build a wall

link   

The rationale is NO ONE, NO Group of people are above the law.

Just EXACTLY what's 'irrational' about that?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Your semantics is irrelevant. It is statistically proven that immigrants break crimes at a lower rate than native born citizens.
Again it is not the immigrants that we are worried about. It is the Avenue for which they decide to come through And the problems that this path creates for us and them.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You were acting like none of them are criminals. But I guarantee you that some of them are murderers and rapists. Do you not want to separate the wheat from the chaff?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

The only "problems" it creates are imagined.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You were acting like none of them are criminals. But I guarantee you that some of them are murderers and rapists. Do you not want to separate the wheat from the chaff?

No. I was never "acting" like that. I literally have been saying since page 2, when I clarified what I wanted out of immigration policy, that kicking out troublemakers is a priority.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You were acting like none of them are criminals.

Just imagine if we'd stop obeying gun control laws.

Since 99% of us don't harm anyone.

They'd have NONE of it.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I bet these families wish it was only their imagination.

www.ojjpac.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

You are ignoring the problems that open borders create, while Advocating for open borders.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

No. I was never "acting" like that. I literally have been saying since page 2, when I clarified what I wanted out of immigration policy, that kicking out troublemakers is a priority.
Do you want people coming in through the proper channels? Or do you want them walking through the desert with their children?

Give me one good reason why they should Sidestep the proper channels
edit on 24-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join