It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News booked the wrong Democrat on a show. She used the spotlight to unload on Trump.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

There seems to be a bit of contradiction in your thought process here.

I'm not advocating for 100% open borders. Obviously we DO want to keep the troublemakers out.

But then you say.

The act of illegally hopping the border isn't really that big a deal to me.

Don’t you realise this is how the bad guys are getting across? They are not coming through the check gates. Why wouldn’t you want these people coming here through the proper channels? Proper screening?

Who says I wouldn't prefer such a thing? I just don't care about border hopping that badly. If you catch an illegal, just have him start going through the paper process and if you find he is a troublemaker, then kick him out. It's really not that complicated. Ultimately I WOULD like to see them go through the proper channels, but that isn't 100% feasible and pretending like it is is silly.

They have a chance to legitimize themselves. They have a chance to come here legally, with their children safe and sound.

Why would you advocate for these people to drag their children through the desert, instantly becoming criminals. knowing the dangers. Lack of water, lack of food, the rape of women and children, families murdered and the children sold into sex slavery. Did you miss the reports? People are kidnapping children because they think it will get them instant access to our country.

When you say that you don’t mind people crossing the borders illegally, you are accepting Everything that comes with that.

I'm not advocating they do anything. They are the ones who make the decision to come here and they make the decision on how to do it. I just want to see them treated the same no matter how that decision is made.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I know if I was a legal immigrant and played by the rules, filed the proper paperwork and waited my turn, I’d be really pissed at these people who try to enter illegally seeking instant citizenship under the guise of asylum.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Can you please site where Trump or anybody has advocated for closing our borders? I think you’re making that up.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

There seems to be a bit of contradiction in your thought process here.

I'm not advocating for 100% open borders. Obviously we DO want to keep the troublemakers out.

But then you say.

The act of illegally hopping the border isn't really that big a deal to me.

Don’t you realise this is how the bad guys are getting across? They are not coming through the check gates. Why wouldn’t you want these people coming here through the proper channels? Proper screening?

Who says I wouldn't prefer such a thing? I just don't care about border hopping that badly. If you catch an illegal, just have him start going through the paper process and if you find he is a troublemaker, then kick him out. It's really not that complicated. Ultimately I WOULD like to see them go through the proper channels, but that isn't 100% feasible and pretending like it is is silly.

They have a chance to legitimize themselves. They have a chance to come here legally, with their children safe and sound.

Why would you advocate for these people to drag their children through the desert, instantly becoming criminals. knowing the dangers. Lack of water, lack of food, the rape of women and children, families murdered and the children sold into sex slavery. Did you miss the reports? People are kidnapping children because they think it will get them instant access to our country.

When you say that you don’t mind people crossing the borders illegally, you are accepting Everything that comes with that.

I'm not advocating they do anything. They are the ones who make the decision to come here and they make the decision on how to do it. I just want to see them treated the same no matter how that decision is made.

If he/she crosses the border illegally, just give him/her citizenship automatically? Only kick them out if they are trouble makers? What country do you think this is? Germany?

This is the USA and we don't just let anyone in. You cross the border illegally, you should be thrown in jail, your bio-metrics taken so if we catch the repeat offenders we can prosecute even easier and they can be a citizen in a federal prison busting rocks for free.

No mercy.

edit on 24-7-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I can't help but think of a 'new Sheriif' in town. The old one really just wanted to be seen as a Sheriff, not actually do his job. The new one arrives and the townspeople all complain about folks speeding through their neighborhoods. He decides to enforce the laws and ticket speeders.

Now, some folks in town get irate since they became used to speeding. They have all kinds of reasons why they had to go faster...late for work, appointment, everyone else does it, ectera. Some other folks accept they did speed and knowing it is being enforced decide they will follow the set limits.

President Trump was elected on his promise to address the border issue. Once word gets out that laws will be enforced...most will respect those laws and enter legally. Those that don't cannot whine and cry that they are not responsible for choosing to break the law.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I would be very happy about reforming the immigration policy but the first step is to stop the flow.

No. The first step is to address the reasons for the flow. Unfortunately, this isn't a conversation anyone wants to have and instead we have these HUGE and pointless debates about band-aiding a symptom while never address the sickness that causes it. Where is the discussion to end the war on drugs that fuels the cartel's money? Where is the discussion to provide aid and assistance to our neighbors to the south in rebuilding and developing their countries so people don't want to leave them? Where is the discussion to trying to find an international solution to dealing with cartels? There are many more discussions that I'm not bringing up here we could be having too. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

link   

There was nothing "accidental" about it!!

I don't know how many times I have to tell some of you people, FOX...NEWS...IS...ANTI...TRUMP!!!

They are also closet liberals masquerading as conservatives!

It's all a big ruse!

When will people realize this???????

link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I know if I was a legal immigrant and played by the rules, filed the proper paperwork and waited my turn, I’d be really pissed at these people who try to enter illegally seeking instant citizenship under the guise of asylum.

You would also be surprised when you are deported for some procedural (and inconsequential) error in your paperwork, and perhaps then would understand that this vendetta against immigrants is at its best immoral and at its worst a prime example of xenophobic isolationist prerogatives.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Can you please site where Trump or anybody has advocated for closing our borders? I think you’re making that up.

How about him saying just that?
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
If he/she crosses the border illegally, just give him/her citizenship automatically? Only kick them out if they are trouble makers? What country do you think this is? Germany?

No I think it is the USA. A country founded by immigrants, that was made great by immigrants, and has an international reputation for accepting and supporting people fleeing terrible situations from their home country. How about you read my signature? Where do you think that poem is from?

This is the USA and we don't just let anyone in. You cross the border illegally, you should be thrown in jail, your bio-metrics taken so if we catch the repeat offenders we can prosecute even easier and they can be a citizen in a federal prison busting rocks for free.

No mercy.

Oh nice. You advocate for slave labor.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

What he said was may have to.

Nothing definitive.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

One way is dangerous. It creates mass casualties. Allows for criminals to rape steal and murder the same people you want to protect. It creates a scenario where we have to police the desert. Spending millions to patrol, detain, house, feed, and identify those that take that path.

and the other is fairly simple. Some paper work.

But you don’t care.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
so you want to selectively enforce the border? Who decides what criminals can enter and what criminals get sent back? And rather than a line in the sand, why not a physical barrier? We have them around our yards and on our houses.

What's the big deal? Illegal border entry is only a misdemeanor. Furthermore, our government ignores laws all the time. For instance, do you support arresting pot smokers just because it is illegal Federally? Well, regardless of what you think here, the government is selectively enforcing it too.

As for what criminals go back, it's obvious. If you violated some sort of major crime then you don't deserve to be in the country. There is a MAJOR difference between crimes like murder, theft, rape, and drug trafficking and the misdemeanor crime of crossing the border. We don't throw someone in jail and treat them like dirt for jaywalking, so why do we do it for crossing the border?

I think most would like to see the immigration laws fixed so those who would help our country could come in, I know that is what Trump was wanting, for congress to fix this like they should have a long time ago, but continue to kick the can. Sadly, most who oppose Trump would rather just oppose him on everything, then see that some of what he wants is remarkably close to what they want as well.

Trump wants to close our borders. That is beyond obvious. He also clearly doesn't care about any of the families seeking assistance as he fully supported the family separation policy before it blew up in his face. Sessions announced the policy months ago and they defended it like it was a necessary deterrent. It wasn't until the issue became a humanitarian crisis that Trump tried to pin the policy on the Democrats.

The part where you seem to loose a grip on reality, is that we have "laws" for a reason. Some of them are wrong and need to be changed. Likely because things have changed in the world and how we do and view things. But ignoring the law, or being angry when it's enforced is ignorant. (we try to deny ignorance here) If you don't like a law, you need to change it, not throw a tantrum when it's enforced. THIS is what Trump was getting at.

Take weed for example. You advocate for it's legality. You aren't crying buckets asking for cops to look the other way, you are trying to get people to help change the law. Be consistent, not inconsistent.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
President Trump was elected on his promise to address the border issue. Once word gets out that laws will be enforced...most will respect those laws and enter legally. Those that don't cannot whine and cry that they are not responsible for choosing to break the law.

No. They won't. Illegal immigration numbers aren't dropping and instead his policies have blown up in his face. The whole world views Trump's policies as a humanitarian issue. Most people are disgusted with it, not tolerant. And it isn't working as a deterrent either as illegal immigration numbers have been high throughout the summer (as they always are).

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: UnBreakable

You would also be surprised when you are deported for some procedural (and inconsequential) error in your paperwork, and perhaps then would understand that this vendetta against immigrants is at its best immoral and at its worst a prime example of xenophobic isolationist prerogatives.

Can you provide a source where a legal documented alien who has finalized paperwork has been deported for some “procedural error”? Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

One way is dangerous. It creates mass casualties. Allows for criminals to rape steal and murder the same people you want to protect. It creates a scenario where we have to police the desert. Spending millions to patrol, detain, house, feed, and identify those that take that path.

Criminals aren't EVER "allowed" to rape steal and murder. All three of those actions are illegal regardless of your citizenship status. Furthermore, them being illegal as well as your citizenship status isn't going to stop someone from raping, stealing or murdering. We have plenty of people within our own country that do those things. Also, statistically, most immigrants don't break the law. Even the illegal ones (outside of having hopped the border).

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Anyone defending Foreign Nationals(illegals) 'right' to be here are traitors to the Republic.

And it is that simple.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
The part where you seem to loose a grip on reality, is that we have "laws" for a reason. Some of them are wrong and need to be changed. Likely because things have changed in the world and how we do and view things. But ignoring the law, or being angry when it's enforced is ignorant. (we try to deny ignorance here) If you don't like a law, you need to change it, not throw a tantrum when it's enforced. THIS is what Trump was getting at.

No. What is wrong is pretending like the Executive Branch HAS to enforce every law on the books just because it is on the books like a bureaucratic robot. That has never been the case in the past. Presidents have always had discretion to selectively enforce laws or prioritize certain targets for lawbreaking to streamline the justice system.

Take weed for example. You advocate for it's legality. You aren't crying buckets asking for cops to look the other way, you are trying to get people to help change the law. Be consistent, not inconsistent.

Uh yes I do want cops to look the other way. I don't care if it is illegal, cops shouldn't be arresting people for it. And while I work and support the effort for it to be legalized I will talk dirty about any cop that arrests someone for it.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

No I think it is the USA. A country founded by immigrants, that was made great by immigrants, and has an international reputation for accepting and supporting people fleeing terrible situations from their home country. How about you read my signature? Where do you think that poem is from?

No mercy.

Oh nice. You advocate for slave labor.

The nation was not founded by immigrants. It was only called that by leftists as a talking point to justify a means to an end to let anyone in the country. The country was founded by colonials that broke away from British tyranny. The immigrants didn't start flowing in until many years later.

The statue of liberty was not a beacon or a symbol of immigration, It was simply a statue given as a gift from a French artist and the quote for the "Give me your tired, your poor, your etc" wasn't added until a few years after the statue of liberty had been on the island already. The left loves to use these statements to push the agenda that these are excuses to let everyone and anyone in to become citizens.

I'm an advocate for law and order. You do go to prison for breaking laws, we don't live in places like Sweden that gives trophies to criminals for breaking laws...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

He said “we may have to close our Borders for a while while we figure this out”

Do you really not understand the problem with illegal immigrants pouring into our country? There are Between 700,000 -1,000,000 people who cross illegally every year. Is that acceptable to you? You really don’t mind people crossing the border without proper screening?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join