It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News booked the wrong Democrat on a show. She used the spotlight to unload on Trump.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: CynConcepts

I do believe the Democrat Congresswoman from MA is saying she has a better approach to the border issues than a traditionally Democrat but pretending to be a Republican billionaire (maybe) businessman from New York City who is currently the President.

She needs to be talking to the legislative branch that she is apart of then. Congress makes the laws, lately they have been all talk and no action! President simply executes the laws that they themselves have created.

Obviously, this is not a problem when immigrants come into this country legally. So, Congress and not the President, needs to create legislation on what should be done with those who choose to enter illegally.

Telling the President and general public is meaningless talk...get back to work and just do the jobs you were elected to do Congress!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
She needs to be talking to the legislative branch that she is apart of then. Congress makes the laws, lately they have been all talk and no action! President simply executes the laws that they themselves have created.

She's talking to Trump because he is the one who authorized the current border enforcement policy.

Obviously, this is not a problem when immigrants come into this country legally. So, Congress and not the President, needs to create legislation on what should be done with those who choose to enter illegally.

Congress is a whole different issue. The same laws are on the books that were there under Obama and Bush and those two Presidents managed to not oversee a humanitarian crisis involving immigration and refugees.

Telling the President and general public is meaningless talk...get back to work and just do the jobs you were elected to do Congress!

Letting the public know where you stand on an issue isn't meaningless. Furthermore showing that you will go outside the box to get your goals accomplished can be viewed as a good thing too. And as I already told you, she told the President because it is the President's policies she has the issue with not Congress' laws.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: lakenheath24
So you are for open borders. Gotcha.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

“Again, my name is Barbara L’Italien,” L’Italien pressed on, “and I refuse to believe that our only options are open borders or —” she continued before the broadcast abruptly ended.

so what are your thoughts on how to fix this?

They shouldn't have cut her off and let her say her opinion. But what's to fix? She already gave the interview. I guess Fox News could try to salvage their script and see if Kirkpatrick wants to go on the air still.

Um....I was referring to the Border crisis. you liked what she said, but she just cried a few tears and repeated the same talking points from the left.

What do you think should be done at the border to fix the things you think are wrong?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is pretty much where I stand too. I'm not advocating for 100% open borders. Obviously we DO want to keep the troublemakers out. But equating all illegals with those troublemakers is terrible. The act of illegally hopping the border isn't really that big a deal to me. People will go where they want to go. Some imaginary line in the sand isn't going to stop them.

People like to say that the previous administration was doing this too, but that isn't true. Obama was prioritizing criminals and dangerous people. Trump targets everyone equally. I like the way Obama was going about it. Families just trying to make a better life for themselves were free to live here (albeit illegally) while the criminals and repeat offenders were kicked out.

The only complaint I have against Obama's policy is that I would have liked to see an effort to legitimize those illegals trying to make a better life for themselves so we can properly collect taxes from them and they can be protecting by worker rights regulations. That way they can make a reasonable pay too.

link   

Build a wall...

link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess

I'm a supporter of anything we can do, to lend a hand to other families and pull them up the ladder, while enriching our own lives as well. I have never been a fan of stomping on the fingers of those reaching out for help.

-Alee

I 100% agree I feel and hope you and Krazyshot open your doors to at least one illegal family and I hope you donate a charitable portion of your income to them as well. Virtue signaling without action is becoming very redundant.

Now, how many illegals can we put you and Krazyshot down for?

It's easy to be compassionate when somebody else is footing the bill.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-7-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Build a wall...

They did in Philly to keep out the trash.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Some imaginary line in the sand isn't going to stop them.

Its not frikin imaginary. Its there. They know its there you know its there.

It certainly wont be "imaginary" when we get the wall up.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

This is pretty much where I stand too. I'm not advocating for 100% open borders. Obviously we DO want to keep the troublemakers out. But equating all illegals with those troublemakers is terrible. The act of illegally hopping the border isn't really that big a deal to me. People will go where they want to go. Some imaginary line in the sand isn't going to stop them. People like to say that the previous administration was doing this too, but that isn't true. Obama was prioritizing criminals and dangerous people. Trump targets everyone equally. I like the way Obama was going about it. Families just trying to make a better life for themselves were free to live here (albeit illegally) while the criminals and repeat offenders were kicked out. The only complaint I have against Obama's policy is that I would have liked to see an effort to legitimize those illegals trying to make a better life for themselves so we can properly collect taxes from them and they can be protecting by worker rights regulations. That way they can make a reasonable pay too.

This is already a reality. It's called legal immigration. You see, if you go through the processes, you don't have to deal with those pesky border patrol or ICE agents.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

We have to stop abducting children and ripping them from their parents’ arms

Unless we are talking about ripping the Potus son out of his mothers arms. lol

God you guys are hypocrites..

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is pretty much where I stand too. I'm not advocating for 100% open borders. Obviously we DO want to keep the troublemakers out. But equating all illegals with those troublemakers is terrible. The act of illegally hopping the border isn't really that big a deal to me. People will go where they want to go. Some imaginary line in the sand isn't going to stop them.

People like to say that the previous administration was doing this too, but that isn't true. Obama was prioritizing criminals and dangerous people. Trump targets everyone equally. I like the way Obama was going about it. Families just trying to make a better life for themselves were free to live here (albeit illegally) while the criminals and repeat offenders were kicked out.

The only complaint I have against Obama's policy is that I would have liked to see an effort to legitimize those illegals trying to make a better life for themselves so we can properly collect taxes from them and they can be protecting by worker rights regulations. That way they can make a reasonable pay too.

so you want to selectively enforce the border? Who decides what criminals can enter and what criminals get sent back? And rather than a line in the sand, why not a physical barrier? We have them around our yards and on our houses.

I think most would like to see the immigration laws fixed so those who would help our country could come in, I know that is what Trump was wanting, for congress to fix this like they should have a long time ago, but continue to kick the can. Sadly, most who oppose Trump would rather just oppose him on everything, then see that some of what he wants is remarkably close to what they want as well.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You make it sound like legal immigration is just a breeze, but its not. Legal immigration takes years, costs thousands of dollars, requires travel to and from your country of origin's national embassy several times throughout the process, and is limited to only a certain number of people a year. Pretty much all of those restrictions are limiting to anyone fleeing destitution, hunger, war, or criminal activity. Furthermore, Trump is trying to make legal immigration harder by reducing the number of legal immigrants we accept in the country and from where in the world we accept them from.

I don't agree with Trump's legal immigration policies either, but I also think our legal immigration laws in general are TERRIBLE and need to be fixed just like the illegal immigration ones. One of the reasons illegal immigration is so high is because legal immigration standards are too restrictive.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

I actually think it’s pretty funny Fox News got punked. That tool Jesse Watters does it to people all the time. That being said, I don’t agree with anything she said.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

This is pretty much where I stand too. I'm not advocating for 100% open borders. Obviously we DO want to keep the troublemakers out. But equating all illegals with those troublemakers is terrible. The act of illegally hopping the border isn't really that big a deal to me. People will go where they want to go. Some imaginary line in the sand isn't going to stop them. People like to say that the previous administration was doing this too, but that isn't true. Obama was prioritizing criminals and dangerous people. Trump targets everyone equally. I like the way Obama was going about it. Families just trying to make a better life for themselves were free to live here (albeit illegally) while the criminals and repeat offenders were kicked out. The only complaint I have against Obama's policy is that I would have liked to see an effort to legitimize those illegals trying to make a better life for themselves so we can properly collect taxes from them and they can be protecting by worker rights regulations. That way they can make a reasonable pay too.

This is already a reality. It's called legal immigration. You see, if you go through the processes, you don't have to deal with those pesky border patrol or ICE agents.

WHAT ?

Didn't you know following the law is only for white people, and legitimately elected prezidents?

Gasp!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

There seems to be a bit of contradiction in your thought process here.

I'm not advocating for 100% open borders. Obviously we DO want to keep the troublemakers out.

But then you say.

The act of illegally hopping the border isn't really that big a deal to me.

Don’t you realise this is how the bad guys are getting across? They are not coming through the check gates. Why wouldn’t you want these people coming here through the proper channels? Proper screening? Give me one reason why they should Side step the legal process?

They have a chance to legitimize themselves. They have a chance to come here legally, with their children safe and sound.

Why would you advocate for these people to drag their children through the desert, instantly becoming criminals. knowing the dangers. Lack of water, lack of food, the rape of women and children, families murdered and the children sold into sex slavery. Did you miss the reports? People are kidnapping children because they think it will get them instant access to our country.

When you say that you don’t mind people crossing the borders illegally, you are accepting Everything that comes with that.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Virtue signaling without action is becoming very redundant.

Indeed, I find it funny that during the election of 2016, people would justify the Obama administration's foreign policy.

Truth is, America hasn't had a good track record with non American citizens.

Ya see people, every previous administration has had bad foreign policy that has left people separated.... The last one did it with drone, bombs, bullets, you get the picture.

I'm not excusing the behavior, what I am saying is going after a republican for enforcing the laws (in a distasteful way) just shows people you pick a cause when it is convenient or has a political agenda.

Until we stop toppling nations in South America, there will be people looking to move from those poor countries. We can't take everyone in, so better to nip it in the bud. Also we need to legalize marijuana so that these cartels aren't making millions off something we can grow and tax in our country.

This is a country problem, not a right problem. Both parties are to blame.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I would be very happy about reforming the immigration policy but the first step is to stop the flow.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Fox News booked the wrong Democrat on a show. She used the spotlight to unload on Trump.
This is pretty funny. A Democrat running for Congress in MA accidentally got put on the air instead of another Dem, Ann Kirkpatrick. This new Democrat, Barbara L’Italien, proceeded to poke a HUGE hole in Fox News' echo chamber bubble. The script was ruined and FN had to do damage control lest its viewers wake up and actually challenge their thinking for once.

A Massachusetts state senator who opposes President Trump’s immigration policies was mistakenly booked on Fox News, and she used the airtime to criticize Trump's “illegal and inhumane” treatment of migrant families crossing the U.S.-Mexico border.

Barbara L’Italien, a Democrat, appeared Monday on “Fox & Friends First” instead of the intended guest, Democratic congressional candidate Ann Kirkpatrick, who has publicly supported U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. A spokesman for L’Italien said in a statement that “due to a Fox News error,” L’Italien was contacted and asked to share her views on ICE and decided to use the opportunity to “make a statement straight to Trump.”

“I’m actually here to speak directly to Donald Trump,” she said during the broadcast. “I feel that what’s happening at the border is wrong.”

The shenanigans get better.

Desiree Dunne, executive producer for “Fox & Friends First,” said in a statement to The Washington Post the spokesman on file for Kirkpatrick had accepted the invitation for the candidate.

“This morning, we invited Congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick to appear on ‘Fox & Friends First’ through her press contact on file, Joe Katz, who accepted the invitation on Kirkpatrick’s behalf,” Dunne said. “Katz followed with an email confirming the segment, which also included background information and a campaign logo for Ann Kirkpatrick. During the actual segment, Barbara L’Italien, appeared on camera instead of Kirkpatrick.

“Despite speaking to producers prior to the interview, L’Italien did not identify herself as anything other than Kirkpatrick until she was live on air, at which point we ended the interview.”

When asked whether he had sent Kirkpatrick’s background information and campaign logo to the network, Katz said in an email: “I showed the exact same commitment to the truth and accuracy that Fox News always has.”

BURN!!! I think you may need a fire extinguisher for that one.

The segment began with a video clip showing Kirkpatrick, a former congresswoman and a Democratic candidate in Arizona's 2nd District, getting booed as she raised her hand in support of ICE during a recent debate.

“Joining us now, that candidate — the only Democrat onstage to support ICE — Ann Kirkpatrick. Thank you for joining us. We appreciate it. Tell us why you do support ICE,” Fox host Jillian Mele said, a clip on L’Italien’s YouTube channel shows.

“I’m actually Barbara L’Italien,” said L’Italien, who is running for Congress in Massachusetts.

“I keep thinking about what we’re putting parents through — imagining how terrifying that must be for those families, imagining how it would feel not knowing if I’d ever see my kids again,” the state senator added. “We have to stop abducting children and ripping them from their parents’ arms, stop putting kids in cages and stop making 3-year-olds defend themselves in court.”

Within seconds, Mele and Fox host Rob Schmitt interrupted, telling L’Italien migrant children are no longer separated from their parents. A federal judge in San Diego has ordered the U.S. government to reunite about 2,500 migrant children with their families by Thursday after the children were seized as part of the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” crackdown on illegal immigration.

“Again, my name is Barbara L’Italien,” L’Italien pressed on, “and I refuse to believe that our only options are open borders or —” she continued before the broadcast abruptly ended.

“Who is this?” Schmitt said, as someone in the studio began to clap. “That didn’t go as planned.”

After the segment, L’Italien said on Twitter her time on the air had been cut short, and she continued with her prepared statement.

“I refuse to believe that our only options are open borders or traumatizing children, and shame on you for pretending that they are," she said, addressing Trump. "Shame on you for putting this vile, racist policy in place.”

Kudos to this lady. If I were in MA, I'd vote for her based on this stunt alone. Also, Steve Schmitt's response to all of this tells you all you need to know about Fox News, "That didn't go as planned."

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Get rid of NAFTA because since it's passage.

Illegal immigration increase exponentially.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
so you want to selectively enforce the border? Who decides what criminals can enter and what criminals get sent back? And rather than a line in the sand, why not a physical barrier? We have them around our yards and on our houses.

What's the big deal? Illegal border entry is only a misdemeanor. Furthermore, our government ignores laws all the time. For instance, do you support arresting pot smokers just because it is illegal Federally? Well, regardless of what you think here, the government is selectively enforcing it too.

As for what criminals go back, it's obvious. If you violated some sort of major crime then you don't deserve to be in the country. There is a MAJOR difference between crimes like murder, theft, rape, and drug trafficking and the misdemeanor crime of crossing the border. We don't throw someone in jail and treat them like dirt for jaywalking, so why do we do it for crossing the border?

I think most would like to see the immigration laws fixed so those who would help our country could come in, I know that is what Trump was wanting, for congress to fix this like they should have a long time ago, but continue to kick the can. Sadly, most who oppose Trump would rather just oppose him on everything, then see that some of what he wants is remarkably close to what they want as well.

Trump wants to close our borders. That is beyond obvious. He also clearly doesn't care about any of the families seeking assistance as he fully supported the family separation policy before it blew up in his face. Sessions announced the policy months ago and they defended it like it was a necessary deterrent. It wasn't until the issue became a humanitarian crisis that Trump tried to pin the policy on the Democrats.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join