It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News booked the wrong Democrat on a show. She used the spotlight to unload on Trump.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Meet certain eligibility requirements including
being At least 18 years old at the time of filing
Able to read, write, and speak basic English
A person of good moral characterUSA.gov, Requirements of becoming a citizen.

Most states don't have a lot of Spanish speakers, so why not let those states decide to be able to take a different elective that would benefit them more? As all citizens of the US speak English, communication is not a problem anywhere I have been in the country... Keep in mind I'm originally from Texas.
edit on 24-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't have a problem with that. If a state has a large portion of French speakers, I see no issue with teaching French instead of Spanish for instance.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Nah the hypocrite was linking inflated numbers that flat out ignore US federal laws aren't being enforced to justify their institutionalized discrimination of what is effectively brainwashing kids at a young age.

Aparently spanish is better than Chinese,Japanese,RUSSIAN and a slew of other languages.
edit on 24-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I don't have a problem with that. If a state has a large portion of French speakers, I see no issue with teaching French instead of Spanish for instance.

They do, they just don't require you learn it.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Nah the hypocrite was linking inflated numbers that flat out ignore US federal laws aren't being enforced to justify their institutionalized discrimination of what is effectively brainwashing kids at a young age.

Aparently spanish is better than Chinese,Japanese,RUSSIAN and a slew of other languages.

I don't believe you neo. Prove it. The way it looks like to me is that you are mad that reality doesn't align with your perceptions of reality and are making up excuses to deny facts when they are presented to you.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Don't care.

About the only GD thing I ever agreed with the last president on.

He unequivocally said LEARN ENGLISH.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

What's a wrong Democrat?

Fox news is for the right

MSNBC CNN CBS ABC washington post NYTs buzzfeed salon YouTube Google NPR the University system etc are for th left

And you wanna talk about echo chambers?

Yup all of that and they STILL lost the election. It’s hilarious watching them try to wrap their heads around that one!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

They do, they just don't require you learn it.

Not in elementary school they don't. Look. This is a key point of my suggestion. Learning a language is easiest when you are a young child. So if we are going to teach a secondary language to our children then it should start as early as possible. I barely got anything out of the 3 years I studied Spanish between 8 and 10th grade.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Don't care.

About the only GD thing I ever agreed with the last president on.

He unequivocally said LEARN ENGLISH.

Yea I know you don't care about proving your point. That's why I consider you one of ATS' top propagandists.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

“I refuse to believe that our only options are open borders or traumatizing children, and shame on you for pretending that they are," she said, addressing Trump. "Shame on you for putting this vile, racist policy in place.”

And what is her solution? Catch and release where 25% don't show up for court? I imagine the traffickers and smugglers are not showing up.

If she is opposed with proposing a solution her opinions are invalid. So much opposition with no real solution. I guess that tactic works on those who are ruled by emotiion apart from intelligence.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

“I refuse to believe that our only options are open borders or traumatizing children, and shame on you for pretending that they are," she said, addressing Trump. "Shame on you for putting this vile, racist policy in place.”

And what is her solution? Catch and release where 25% don't show up for court? I imagine the traffickers and smugglers are not showing up.

If she is opposed with proposing a solution her opinions are invalid. So much opposition with no real solution. I guess that tactic works on those who are ruled by emotiion apart from intelligence.

You do know that the catch and release policy only applies to non-criminals right? Traffickers and smugglers don't get released. They go to jail then deported ASAP. That's the point of catch and release, in fact. To prioritize deporting those people.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Well I guess O shouldn't have signed the NDAA making it law.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Well I guess O shouldn't have signed the NDAA making it law.

Besides this not having ANYTHING to do with what we are talking about, Presidents sign a new NDAA every year and Obama signing one isn't anything special.

Look. Here's Trump signing one too:
Trump signs National Defense Authorization Act
edit on 24-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

How the hell do you think they can tell whose kids are their kids and which kids are being trafficked in a catch and release situation?

Common sense is in order here.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I don't know. I wasn't the one who implemented the policy to separate them in the first place and put the children in the care of a totally different department than the one that arrested the parents. That is an issue for Trump and his goons to figure out.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yes people Imma master propagandist!

Senator Obama supports a path to legalization for illegal immigrants that includes learning English and paying fines. He would toughen penalties for hiring illegal immigrants. He voted for a fence along the Mexican border.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

She was probably paid off by MS 13 child traffickers. Criminals tend to do that every now and then. Most democrats are actually protecting criminals in their own ranks. The bottom line is most of the democratic party is basically a shadow hidden mafia, lying to their teeth while using the open borders to allow foreign invaders to destroy America.

Its not about what the media says, its about seeing what is in front of the eyes.

The U.S is under attack and most of the democrats sold off to foreign powers. And this is the truth.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Isurrender73

I don't know. I wasn't the one who implemented the policy to separate them in the first place and put the children in the care of a totally different department than the one that arrested the parents. That is an issue for Trump and his goons to figure out.

You are the problem. And those who are like you.

The only way to ensure no child is trafficked is to detain them all. The Supreme Court decided many years ago when parents are detained the children are seperated.

I would seperate a million children from their parents if it kept only 1 child from being trafficked. The million children will recover from the ordeal their parents put them through. The 1 child will never recover to a normal existence.

Trump already signed the EO to stop separating children. What more do you want?

If it can be done better than why hasn't anyone offered up a solution that ensures no children are trafficked? The more I hear about this the more outraged I become with a catch and release program that almost ensured at least some people would get away with trafficking children.

All hate with no solution. I am glad I have a president that can seperate logic from emotion and can react accordingly when it is pointed out that family detention centers would be more humane than seperation.

If you want a better solution provide the solution. As we have a president who has already proven he is open to solutions that are effective and humanitarian it is likely that he would accept and support any rationale and humane solution.

edit on 24-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

From your OP

Within seconds, Mele and Fox host Rob Schmitt interrupted, telling L’Italien migrant children are no longer separated from their parents. A federal judge in San Diego has ordered the U.S. government to reunite about 2,500 migrant children with their families by Thursday after the children were seized as part of the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” crackdown on illegal immigration.

What do you make of that part? I’d like to hear your opinion on this part of your OP.

I think it is awful that those Fox News hosts lied by suggesting that because a judge made a ruling that suddenly means the problem is gone. There are still children that haven't been reunited with their parents in federal custody. It's great that the ruling says they have to be reunited, but words are meaningless without action.
Federal government has reunited 450 migrant children over 5, leaving 2,000 still separated
Those Fox News hosts should be ashamed of misrepresenting the situation, but then again their actions was likely one of the reasons that L’Italien hijacked the airwaves on them.

How caring of you to sympathize for those families being separated at the border. Do you also sympathize for the hundreds if not thousands of families that are separated every day INSIDE the U.S. border, or are they not deserving of your sympathy?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Do people still believe we're kidnapping children? Wow.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join