It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News booked the wrong Democrat on a show. She used the spotlight to unload on Trump.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: Krazysh0t

From your OP

Within seconds, Mele and Fox host Rob Schmitt interrupted, telling L’Italien migrant children are no longer separated from their parents. A federal judge in San Diego has ordered the U.S. government to reunite about 2,500 migrant children with their families by Thursday after the children were seized as part of the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” crackdown on illegal immigration.

What do you make of that part? I’d like to hear your opinion on this part of your OP.

I think it is awful that those Fox News hosts lied by suggesting that because a judge made a ruling that suddenly means the problem is gone. There are still children that haven't been reunited with their parents in federal custody. It's great that the ruling says they have to be reunited, but words are meaningless without action.
Federal government has reunited 450 migrant children over 5, leaving 2,000 still separated
Those Fox News hosts should be ashamed of misrepresenting the situation, but then again their actions was likely one of the reasons that L’Italien hijacked the airwaves on them.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Our country has never been totally English speaking.

Our country has never been officially English*, but that is a loaded statement.

While you can live here and not speak English, learning it is required in the path to citizenship. It is implied our language is English. I don't really see how teaching over 300 million people Spanish would help our country communicate. I think it is up to the guest to assimilate , not the host. It would cost a lot of money to do what you are saying and take away from higher priorities. Luckily, it will never happen (at least nationally).

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

It is funny to see any media getting surprised by a guest.

Normally I would go and find a cnn guest that went off script just for the sake of balance.

But his being ats I could just link to the many many threads about cnn that already do that.

So I feel like this thread in it self is balance.

Fox is just as much fake news as any of the others and it's time ats was made aware of it.

In what way does this show that Fox is fake news? The lady posed as someone else until the last second to get on air. She then wasted her short air time on a few lines of crap we heard a million times about how Trump is a piece of poop for separating families which I might add was quickly rebutted by the anchor.

Within seconds, Mele and Fox host Rob Schmitt interrupted, telling L’Italien migrant children are no longer separated from their parents. A federal judge in San Diego has ordered the U.S. government to reunite about 2,500 migrant children with their families by Thursday after the children were seized as part of the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” crackdown on illegal immigration.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I know if I picked up and move to another country.

I'd learn the effing native tongue.

But I'm cheeky like that.

Oh so it's a desire that you are projecting onto them even though it isn't a requirement? Though in any case, your desires aren't reflective of how the world and our country works. As it stands, Spanish is by far the most spoken non-English language in the US. This holds true even for non-hispanics, so it makes sense to maybe stop pretending like the language is just going to go away if you demand everyone speaks English.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Projecting what ?

Being treated like a GD equal?

Guilty was charged.

Why the eff should an asian be forced to speak spanish?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

As I just told neo, Spanish is by far the most non-English spoken language in our country, even among non-hispanics. There comes a point where we just need to accept that Spanish is part of our language heritage too. Pretending like everyone should speak English in this day and age is just stubbornly refusing to get with the times and changing population demographics.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Projecting what ?

Being treated like a GD equal?

Guilty was charged.

Why the eff should an asian be forced to speak spanish?

I'm not advocating anyone be forced to speak any particular language. You are the one who is trying to force certain languages be used. I want language diversification and if there comes a point where Mandarin is spoken as ubiquitously as Spanish in this country I'd advocate that it be taught as well.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

This holds true even for non-hispanics, so it makes sense to maybe stop pretending like the language is just going to go away if you demand everyone speaks English.

No one said they want it to go away. I think it is awesome for people to keep their native tongue and use it with people in their communities.

I would just rather my taxes not go towards forcing my kids to learn Spanish. If they wanted to learn Spanish I'd be elated they are learning a different language. If they wanted to learn French or German I think that would be great too.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Well pretending US sovereign law doesn't exist to artificially inflate those 'numbers' is intellectually DISHONEST.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

This holds true even for non-hispanics, so it makes sense to maybe stop pretending like the language is just going to go away if you demand everyone speaks English.

No one said they want it to go away. I think it is awesome for people to keep their native tongue and use it with people in their communities.

I would just rather my taxes not go towards forcing my kids to learn Spanish. If they wanted to learn Spanish I'd be elated they are learning a different language. If they wanted to learn French or German I think that would be great too.

Spanish is already taught in schools man. Your tax dollars already pay for this. I merely want it to be introduced in schools earlier in a child's life so they learn it easier.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Well pretending US sovereign law doesn't exist to artificially inflate those 'numbers' is intellectually DISHONEST.

I'm not even going to pretend to understand what the hell you just said here.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

want it to be introduced in schools earlier in a child's life so they learn it easier.

You know people see this snip for what it is.

Get them young, and get them for life.

While ignoring several hundred other peoples languages that make up the US populace.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

As I just told neo, Spanish is by far the most non-English spoken language in our country, even among non-hispanics. There comes a point where we just need to accept that Spanish is part of our language heritage too. Pretending like everyone should speak English in this day and age is just stubbornly refusing to get with the times and changing population demographics.

Every country has a primary language. You have slowly changed your approach to you don't want English to be required. What is wrong with having a language everyone can speak in a country? Did you know they speak German in Germany? English in England? France in France? But it's wrong if we do it? Is Australia wrong for doing the same?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Yeah I know Truth is a hard concept for the open borders crowd to grasp.

Millions of people illegally crossing the border everyday that don't speak the native tongue makes no nevermind to you.

Ammiright?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Spanish is already taught in schools man. Your tax dollars already pay for this. I merely want it to be introduced in schools earlier in a child's life so they learn it easier.

Don't forget you want to make it mandatory... for the whole country.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

want it to be introduced in schools earlier in a child's life so they learn it easier.

You know people see this snip for what it is.

Get them young, and get them for life.

While ignoring several hundred other peoples languages that make up the US populace.

Don't be silly. I'm only singling out Spanish because it is spoken by a sizable portion of people living within our borders and there is a very good chance that it can help you in your job or in your daily life.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

“I keep thinking about what we’re putting parents through — imagining how terrifying that must be for those families, imagining how it would feel not knowing if I’d ever see my kids again,” the state senator added. “We have to stop abducting children and ripping them from their parents’ arms, stop putting kids in cages and stop making 3-year-olds defend themselves in court.”

Yep , that Sure is A Load Alright . I Hope She Wore Her Depends while Spewing that Utter Nonsense..........

Fearing that you won't ever see your children again is a "load"? Do you just lack sympathy these days?

Family separation is happening hundreds if not thousands of times a day right here inside the U.S. . Where is your outcry for them? Or do you just lack sympathy these days?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Every country has a primary language. You have slowly changed your approach to you don't want English to be required. What is wrong with having a language everyone can speak in a country? Did you know they speak German in Germany? English in England? France in France? But it's wrong if we do it? Is Australia wrong for doing the same?

I don't compare our country against other countries. What we do doesn't have to be compared to them. We do what we think is right and make our country work better. Also, what you are attempting here is a bandwagon fallacy. "Everyone else does it this way, so should we".

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yeah I know Truth is a hard concept for the open borders crowd to grasp.

Millions of people illegally crossing the border everyday that don't speak the native tongue makes no nevermind to you.

Ammiright?

Lol you speak of grasping truth and then lie about me wanting open borders. Way to go hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

How can it help me?

I don't hire illegal foreign workers.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join