It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News booked the wrong Democrat on a show. She used the spotlight to unload on Trump.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Dude, the only purpose for you to post this dumb story was to troll the right.

Dude the purpose of posting this thread was to laugh at Fox News. Fox News doesn't represent all of the right. Last response I'm making to you, btw.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

And that doesn't need to change. I just feel like Spanish would be a good language to teach everyone in our country and I don't see an issue with doing it.

Its an added required class for years of a students life. It's putting resources towards that when we're 25th in the world in education. We could put efforts into math, science, history, art, civics and technology.

To do what you're talking about we'd have to have multiple Spanish teachers for each school.

I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't think you understand everything that would go into this task that frankly I don't think should be a priority.

As I've said there are multiple facets of the system that needs to be fixed before taking on frivolous new objectives.

No I understand completely. Our education system needs an overhaul. But while you want to limit it to math, science, history, art, civics, and technology I have other ideas. While those topics are great to reevaluate the way we teach, I also think we need to add Spanish at elementary school. I don't see how this is as big of a problem as you are making it. Most high schools and middle schools already teach Spanish, but introducing it earlier in a child's life will help them learn it easier. Oh yeah, we should also implement a class on teaching children about finances, interest, and loans. Americans have some of the WORST financial education.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
When did they stop teaching spanish?

It was an elective right along with French when I went decades ago.

I chose the language of luv

edit on 24-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
When did they stop teaching spanish?

It was an elective right along with French when I went decades ago.

I chose the language of luv

Neo, what does this sentence mean to you?

Most high schools and middle schools already teach Spanish, but introducing it earlier in a child's life will help them learn it easier.
Because I certainly don't interpret that to say that they aren't teaching Spanish in high school anymore.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

What part of elective was confusing?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Where was I confused by you using the word "elective"? You literally asked when they stopped teaching Spanish. At no point did ANYONE suggest that schools have stopped teaching Spanish and I've been saying they need to start teaching Spanish earlier in child's life. Just admit you misread and move on.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

No they don't.

They don't need to do snip.

What's so GD wrong with English?

Yah know that European language.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

No they don't.

They don't need to do snip.

What's wrong with making it easier to communicate in the country?

What's so GD wrong with English?

Nothing. I'm not saying you can't speak English anymore. Being bilingual just diversifies your communication abilities somewhat.

Yah know that European language.

Spanish is also a European language, Sherlock.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I don't see how this is as big of a problem as you are making it.

Well education has been a problem for some time. It hasn't been addressed or improved, much of that has to do with each state being responsible for their education.

Now that said, it's just the fact we need other things before that, you're putting the cart before the horse. Also you're limiting students options. If we decided to teach every student Spanish, that would take a block of time for each day for years. That takes time away from somewhere else, or we add time to the school day. Why would we force kids on which language to take when they could take others if they wanted to?

When it's all said and done, I just don't understand why you are so dead set on teaching the whole country a different language (330~ million people) which would require an overhaul on our school system when we could just teach immigrants English. We are a nation in debt with many problems, I think you are kind of underplaying what an endeavor adding a class to every school. (yes I know it already exists, but not in all elementary schools, and certainly not to the capacity of every student, each mandatory class has multiple teachers).
edit on 24-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Yeah, we'll just agree to agree that it's always good that organizations get shoved into uncomfortable territory from time to time.

We agreed on something yesterday, so might as well make it a two-day trend.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The predominate language is English.

237 effing million people already speak it out of 325 million.

Sure is so why is two European languages better than one ?

How bout some diversity there eh?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The predominate language is English.

237 effing million people already speak it out of 325 million.

Sure is so why is two European languages better than one ?

How bout some diversity there eh?

Because one language isn't feasible. We already know this because we currently have this language gap in the country. Also you just misused the word "diversity". Demanding we speak one language instead of two is less diversity not more.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Stop letting illegal foreigners in to this house and it won't be.

Easy peasy.

I love the whole 'one language isn't feasable'.

that was a knee slapper.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Stop letting illegal foreigners in to this house and it won't be.

Easy peasy.

I love the whole 'one language isn't feasable'.

that was a knee slapper.

You do know that there are legal immigrants who can't speak English too right?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Because one language isn't feasible.

It has been for hundreds of years. Many countries speak one language. If you insist on adding a language to the required curriculum, why not give the student the choice of which they'd want to learn?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

They need to get off their snips and learn it.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Our country has never been totally English speaking.

link   

From your OP

Within seconds, Mele and Fox host Rob Schmitt interrupted, telling L’Italien migrant children are no longer separated from their parents. A federal judge in San Diego has ordered the U.S. government to reunite about 2,500 migrant children with their families by Thursday after the children were seized as part of the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” crackdown on illegal immigration.

What do you make of that part? I’d like to hear your opinion on this part of your OP.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

They need to get off their snips and learn it.

Why? There isn't a law to do so.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I know if I picked up and move to another country.

I'd learn the effing native tongue.

But I'm cheeky like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join