It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News booked the wrong Democrat on a show. She used the spotlight to unload on Trump.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So we as a country should adapt to the immigrants that can’t speak the language? For what reason exactly?

A country that can not freely communicate which each other isn't a country.

It's a failure.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

What is the solution to the problem then?

What would you do?

Put “No Trespassing, Violators Will Be Shot On Sight” signs, in both Spanish and English, along the border. See if that does the trick.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So European migrants learned the language, what’s the issue now?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

So European migrants learned the language, what’s the issue now?

Brown people can't be bothered.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If everyone spoke the same language.

It'd be representative of that word equality.

And they can't have that.

If people had a common bond they couldn't play identity politics.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

“I keep thinking about what we’re putting parents through — imagining how terrifying that must be for those families, imagining how it would feel not knowing if I’d ever see my kids again,” the state senator added. “We have to stop abducting children and ripping them from their parents’ arms, stop putting kids in cages and stop making 3-year-olds defend themselves in court.”

Yep , that Sure is A Load Alright . I Hope She Wore Her Depends while Spewing that Utter Nonsense..........

Fearing that you won't ever see your children again is a "load"? Do you just lack sympathy these days?

I have no sympathy for people coming into my country illegally. If they went through proper channels they wouldn't be separated.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

If they went through proper channels they wouldn't be separated.

And they'd be welcomed with open arms.

edit on 24-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

“I keep thinking about what we’re putting parents through — imagining how terrifying that must be for those families, imagining how it would feel not knowing if I’d ever see my kids again,” the state senator added. “We have to stop abducting children and ripping them from their parents’ arms, stop putting kids in cages and stop making 3-year-olds defend themselves in court.”

Yep , that Sure is A Load Alright . I Hope She Wore Her Depends while Spewing that Utter Nonsense..........

Fearing that you won't ever see your children again is a "load"? Do you just lack sympathy these days?

I have no sympathy for people coming into my country illegally. If they went through proper channels they wouldn't be separated.

This is naive. Are you shocked to hear that people coming through the proper channels are also being deported?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

So we as a country should adapt to the immigrants that can’t speak the language? For what reason exactly?

Funny, I frequent Chinatown here in Philly and the hard working Asians will speak English when you converse with them. Some not so well, but at least they make an attempt. Maybe our friends crossing the southern border are too lazy or just don’t have the brain capacity to learn.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Though ultimately, we should probably focus on making our children bilingual and thoroughly teach Spanish in our schools starting from elementary school.

Or, people who are serious about coming here could learn English.

Also where will we get the money to redo every sign in the country? You do understand the stress of having two languages for no reason right? Can you fathom the economic impact of adopting another language into society to the level you speak of?
edit on 24-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

We have people going to a port of entry and declaring asylum (aka the proper channels) and they're being separated from their children.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer
So, it's naive to want our laws enforced? As for those being kicked back? Not really, obviously something popped up that sent them back.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Are you snipping me ?

12 effing years of forced fed english.

Why is the down south crowd better ?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I don't care.

Obey the law it won't happen.

I don't do anchor babies.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

They are obeying the law. It's still happening. That's the whole point.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

We have people going to a port of entry and declaring asylum (aka the proper channels) and they're being separated from their children.

Most likely it's to make sure the kids belong to those people. Lot of sick people out there get off on abusing kids.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

This is naive. Are you shocked to hear that people coming through the proper channels are also being deported?

Are you shocked to hear that that is nothing new? I mean seriously, if we just let everyone who claimed asylum come in, what do you think would happen?

link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Still don't give two effs.

Everytime there's a mass shooter I'm a gd criminal.

And i'm sitting here wasting my GD time all day long.

link   
a reply to: Chance321

Then do a DNA test. Don't ship the child thousands of miles away from their parent and only do the DNA test when you get sued.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Wayfarer
So, it's naive to want our laws enforced? As for those being kicked back? Not really, obviously something popped up that sent them back.

It's this argument that lacks intellectual rigor. Immigrants with green cards are now being deported for petty crimes they committed years (in some cases decades) ago at the behest of the Trump administration. They were not gang criminals as Trump and everyone else would suggest, but good people who made minor mistakes (exactly as you and I have done countless times to no grande consequence). These are folks who followed all the channels perfectly and but for some minor slip up (you know, because they're human beings and not god like entities), they are now being unfairly punished (since its only now that the 'no exceptions' hammer is being dropped).

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join