It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News booked the wrong Democrat on a show. She used the spotlight to unload on Trump.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Except when it comes to voting for orange guys with bad hair enforcing this nations laws.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Woodcarver

No they are afraid of unvetted criminals.

Do you lock your door at night, or when you leave the house? Do you let people stay in your house if you don’t know who they are?

I've never understood that line of argument.

A home is not comparable to an entire nation and it's borders.

One is a private dwelling and the other is a public space in which not one person has any right to anything over any other person.

The comparisons are easy. Because the answers are the same.

do me a favor and answer these questions.

Do you lock your doors at night or when you leave the house? And why?

Do you let people you don’t know stay at your house for free while you buy them food and medicine. And why

Yes, the answers may be the same, but the two are not comparable, so you are creating a false equivalence.

The questions are rather silly and show that you may not understand the concept of public and private.
You forgot to explain why you lock your doors?

Why I lock my doors does not correlate to any sort of justification for any sort of immigration/border policy.

Again, you are relying on a false equivalence.
But why do you lock your door? Just answer the question. Spell out the words.

I will not play your idiotic game of false equivalencies.

The answer you want to hear opens the door for many slippery slopes and I find it funny that people still try to use that approach.

Just type out the words and hit the reply button. I want to see that you understand.

I completely understand.

You think locking doors at home some validates or justifies certain border policies, etc.

Well, that causes many problems, if we take that approach.

There is no right to free speech in a personal home. There is no due process. No judge or jury. No right to religious freedom, etc. It is all at the whim of the master of the home. A dictatorship, if you will.

Can we logically extend that to the policies and laws of an entire nation, as you are trying to imply with your stupid question?

No. Of course not. Because there is a difference between private and public.

What makes sense at home does not work in the public arena and the entire "do you lock your doors" approach was lame back in the 80's.

I insist that you type out the words. Just a couple of sentences. Don’t muddle it up with anything else.

Why do you lock your doors?
edit on 24-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Except when it comes to voting for orange guys with bad hair enforcing this nations laws.

Nope. Not even then. Unless you can prove otherwise, no one has been arrested or fined for doing what you just said.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Why do you lock your doors?

Aliens of the ET kind.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver
I’ll play. I like dumb games like this.

I lock my front door at night so I don’t get murdered in my sleep. The same reason I sleep with a gun close by.

Your analogy doesn’t come close to being anywhere near correct. The border is porous, and always has been. There’s never been a time in American history where any border has been completely closed off and no one was able to enter illegally. It happens. It’s going to happen. There’s nothing you or anyone else can do about it apart from shooting everyone that tries to cross on sight. If that’s the end game for you at least be honest about it and don’t try and hide behind some thin veil of “safety!!”.

For your analogy to work, I’d have to have lived in the same house for over two hundred years with the front door wide open. Funny thing is, that if having semi-open and porous borders hasn’t torpedoed America in these last two hundred years, it isn’t going to start now. Regardless of how much your cult leader tells you it will.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Tell that to Manafort and FLynn.

So no the US does not allow the freedom of expression and speech.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Tell that to Manafort and FLynn.

So no the US does not allow the freedom of expression and speech.

Manafort and Flynn weren't indicted for voting for the Donald Trump. Stop lying.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Whose lying.

They're there because they didn't support the open borders crowd.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Got any statistical proof of these fears? Because all the math I've seen on the matter says we are looking at a very serious worker shortage in the future as the Boomer population retires and dies off.

All I got is that unemployment has finally started to stabilize. That's not to say we're even in a good position as the pay rate for middle class has not gone up though inflation has, also people are getting jobs they are way over qualified for, so they are not utilizing their skills.

You might be right about demand in the future, and if you are then we can adjust when the time comes. But at the end of the day, you aren't doing anyone favors by just letting them come here with no future or hope. What are they going to do if they don't have a job line up? Many of them can't speak English, so how are they going to do trivial things like find housing, buy food, get around, find employment? While I understand the sentiment of wanting to help people, just letting them come here with no plan is not helping them. I've watched many documentaries (more about other countries) of people becoming stuck because they travel a long distance for a temporary job and once it's done they're out of money and can't speak the language to network and find a new one or even make it back home.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Whose lying.

Like I just said, you are.

They're there because they didn't support the open borders crowd.

Even though this is also a huge lie as they were indicted for some very serious crimes, you originally said this: "Except when it comes to voting for orange guys with bad hair enforcing this nations laws." So what you just said here doesn't match watch you claimed originally. So I guess this is a new lie, but more of a deception though.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Shouldn't have booked the wrong ATS poster then,huh?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

originally posted by: NerdGoddess

I'm a supporter of anything we can do, to lend a hand to other families and pull them up the ladder, while enriching our own lives as well. I have never been a fan of stomping on the fingers of those reaching out for help.

-Alee

I 100% agree I feel and hope you and Krazyshot open your doors to at least one illegal family and I hope you donate a charitable portion of your income to them as well. Virtue signaling without action is becoming very redundant.

Now, how many illegals can we put you and Krazyshot down for?

It's easy to be compassionate when somebody else is footing the bill.

www.youtube.com...

I donate a substantial amount of my salary to United Way which not only helps tremendously with American homeless in my town but also with immigrants and refugees. I've also let several people stay rent free so they can get back on their feet in my basement which is the only free space in my home when I have the extra room. I have a friend down there now or there'd be room for someone else, and when she goes, someone else will come in. Don't assume to know people thats just silly.

It's not just on individuals like me to do what we can, it's on the government as a whole. A lot of us are unhappy with the way they are doing it and we have every right to voice that opinion, as you do yours.

I guess what I'm saying is, I've footed a hell of a lot of bills, and as long as it's making a difference in someones quality of life, and I'm able to maintain mine, which I have, then it doesn't bother me in the least. My doors are open, as it stands -not that they'd go to you to be put on a volunteer housing list. Lol!

-Alee
edit on 7/24/2018 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/24/2018 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: network dude

US Immigration laws and policy are #ed up. Plain and simple. There is no easier way to say it. There is too much effort put in fighting the wave instead of addressing why the wave exists in the first place. Because of this, these illegals are just another wedge issue we can beat each other over the head with and call the other side "traitors" for not agreeing with the side we sit on. Illegals crossing the border aren't the problem. Our terrible laws and policies are the problem. The war on drugs is the problem. Our terrible track record dealing with countries to the south of us is the problem. There is a reason we aren't trying to kick tons of Canadian illegals out of the country and can keep that border damn near wide open with only crossing points at roads and highways.

yes. Pretty much what I have said. And the solution isn't to continue to do things exactly as we have. the solution is to FIX THE EXISTING LAWS. Unless you have a better idea.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What do you expect? You put a Democrat on TV, they are going to unload on Trump.
That is all they know how to do.
It exposes them for what they are and what they don't comprehend about the reality of why Trump is our President.

Fox has had Democrats on their shows before. This is nothing new.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Got any statistical proof of these fears? Because all the math I've seen on the matter says we are looking at a very serious worker shortage in the future as the Boomer population retires and dies off.

All I got is that unemployment has finally started to stabilize. That's not to say we're even in a good position as the pay rate for middle class has not gone up though inflation has, also people are getting jobs they are way over qualified for, so they are not utilizing their skills.

Here's a bunch of sources dating from 2013 to 2018 all talking about this growing issues:
Report: Economy Will Face Shortage of 5 Million Workers in 2020
15 years of labor shortages predicted for the U.S. economy
Labor shortage in the United States becoming an increasingly dire issue
Lack of Workers, Not Work, Weighs on the Nation’s Economy
The US Labor Shortage That Will Only Get Worse

They all say pretty much the same thing. The US birth rate has leveled off and is drastically lower than it was in the 50's and 60's. So the worker population is very top heavy with the majority being near or at retirement age. As more and more Boomers retire the worker gap will grow and grow getting worse and worse.

You might be right about demand in the future, and if you are then we can adjust when the time comes. But at the end of the day, you aren't doing anyone favors by just letting them come here with no future or hope. What are they going to do if they don't have a job line up? Many of them can't speak English, so how are they going to do trivial things like find housing, buy food, get around, find employment? While I understand the sentiment of wanting to help people, just letting them come here with no plan is not helping them. I've watched many documentaries (more about other countries) of people becoming stuck because they travel a long distance for a temporary job and once it's done they're out of money and can't speak the language to network and find a new one or even make it back home.

Much of the country is already becoming bilingual. Many to most State level services offer services in both languages and if you live in an area that is close to a heavy Spanish speaking community a job will more than likely require you to speak Spanish. Many of the problems you speak about here are already in the process of being addressed. Though ultimately, we should probably focus on making our children bilingual and thoroughly teach Spanish in our schools starting from elementary school.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

US Immigration laws and policy are #ed up. Plain and simple. There is no easier way to say it. There is too much effort put in fighting the wave instead of addressing why the wave exists in the first place. Because of this, these illegals are just another wedge issue we can beat each other over the head with and call the other side "traitors" for not agreeing with the side we sit on. Illegals crossing the border aren't the problem. Our terrible laws and policies are the problem. The war on drugs is the problem. Our terrible track record dealing with countries to the south of us is the problem. There is a reason we aren't trying to kick tons of Canadian illegals out of the country and can keep that border damn near wide open with only crossing points at roads and highways.

yes. Pretty much what I have said. And the solution isn't to continue to do things exactly as we have. the solution is to FIX THE EXISTING LAWS. Unless you have a better idea.

Agreed. But the debate never circles around that aspect. Instead we exert so much energy on how we should go about punishing the people who break those flawed laws.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

She makes a very good point. Open borders are not the only option. There are many options and degrees at which we can take those options to fit our ideals.

I am an "open border" advocate, but not completely open, as I do believe we still need to have regulated points of entry. Though, I think we need to be much more relaxed on those regulations to the point where damn near anyone could gain entry.

I do have to give you credit for being honest. I whole heartedly disagree with you, but it is nice to hear why you think the way you do. Perhaps in time, you will try to understand why some of us think the way we do.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

So we as a country should adapt to the immigrants that can’t speak the language? For what reason exactly?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Lol these naive children that think this kind of thing only happens on Fox.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Agreed. But the debate never circles around that aspect. Instead we exert so much energy on how we should go about punishing the people who break those flawed laws.

did you hear what Trump actually said about all this, or are you basing your information off of what the MSM tells you?link

I mean, the president, as he mentioned before, he hates seeing the separation of families, and even though the separation of families is only for a very brief period of time.
But the reality here is, one of the reasons why President Trump is in Congress and speaking to these House members is coming up with a permanent solution, coming up with a fix to this. Only Congress can fix this issue that we’re dealing with in terms of ensuring that we’re able to secure the border, that we’re able to keep families together, because right now, Judy, we only have two options.

The two options are when that adults basically cross the border illegally, they will be prosecuted. The second option is it’s either — so it’s either the prosecution, and the second option is releasing these family units into the U.S. interior, which in essence equates to open borders.

edit on 24-7-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join