It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News booked the wrong Democrat on a show. She used the spotlight to unload on Trump.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Fox News booked the wrong Democrat on a show. She used the spotlight to unload on Trump.
This is pretty funny. A Democrat running for Congress in MA accidentally got put on the air instead of another Dem, Ann Kirkpatrick. This new Democrat, Barbara L’Italien, proceeded to poke a HUGE hole in Fox News' echo chamber bubble. The script was ruined and FN had to do damage control lest its viewers wake up and actually challenge their thinking for once.

A Massachusetts state senator who opposes President Trump’s immigration policies was mistakenly booked on Fox News, and she used the airtime to criticize Trump's “illegal and inhumane” treatment of migrant families crossing the U.S.-Mexico border.

Barbara L’Italien, a Democrat, appeared Monday on “Fox & Friends First” instead of the intended guest, Democratic congressional candidate Ann Kirkpatrick, who has publicly supported U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. A spokesman for L’Italien said in a statement that “due to a Fox News error,” L’Italien was contacted and asked to share her views on ICE and decided to use the opportunity to “make a statement straight to Trump.”

“I’m actually here to speak directly to Donald Trump,” she said during the broadcast. “I feel that what’s happening at the border is wrong.”

The shenanigans get better.

Desiree Dunne, executive producer for “Fox & Friends First,” said in a statement to The Washington Post the spokesman on file for Kirkpatrick had accepted the invitation for the candidate.

“This morning, we invited Congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick to appear on ‘Fox & Friends First’ through her press contact on file, Joe Katz, who accepted the invitation on Kirkpatrick’s behalf,” Dunne said. “Katz followed with an email confirming the segment, which also included background information and a campaign logo for Ann Kirkpatrick. During the actual segment, Barbara L’Italien, appeared on camera instead of Kirkpatrick.

“Despite speaking to producers prior to the interview, L’Italien did not identify herself as anything other than Kirkpatrick until she was live on air, at which point we ended the interview.”

When asked whether he had sent Kirkpatrick’s background information and campaign logo to the network, Katz said in an email: “I showed the exact same commitment to the truth and accuracy that Fox News always has.”

BURN!!! I think you may need a fire extinguisher for that one.

The segment began with a video clip showing Kirkpatrick, a former congresswoman and a Democratic candidate in Arizona's 2nd District, getting booed as she raised her hand in support of ICE during a recent debate.

“Joining us now, that candidate — the only Democrat onstage to support ICE — Ann Kirkpatrick. Thank you for joining us. We appreciate it. Tell us why you do support ICE,” Fox host Jillian Mele said, a clip on L’Italien’s YouTube channel shows.

“I’m actually Barbara L’Italien,” said L’Italien, who is running for Congress in Massachusetts.

“I keep thinking about what we’re putting parents through — imagining how terrifying that must be for those families, imagining how it would feel not knowing if I’d ever see my kids again,” the state senator added. “We have to stop abducting children and ripping them from their parents’ arms, stop putting kids in cages and stop making 3-year-olds defend themselves in court.”

Within seconds, Mele and Fox host Rob Schmitt interrupted, telling L’Italien migrant children are no longer separated from their parents. A federal judge in San Diego has ordered the U.S. government to reunite about 2,500 migrant children with their families by Thursday after the children were seized as part of the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” crackdown on illegal immigration.

“Again, my name is Barbara L’Italien,” L’Italien pressed on, “and I refuse to believe that our only options are open borders or —” she continued before the broadcast abruptly ended.

“Who is this?” Schmitt said, as someone in the studio began to clap. “That didn’t go as planned.”

After the segment, L’Italien said on Twitter her time on the air had been cut short, and she continued with her prepared statement.

“I refuse to believe that our only options are open borders or traumatizing children, and shame on you for pretending that they are," she said, addressing Trump. "Shame on you for putting this vile, racist policy in place.”

Kudos to this lady. If I were in MA, I'd vote for her based on this stunt alone. Also, Steve Schmitt's response to all of this tells you all you need to know about Fox News, "That didn't go as planned."

+36 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So you are for open borders. Gotcha.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
So you are for open borders. Gotcha.

“Again, my name is Barbara L’Italien,” L’Italien pressed on, “and I refuse to believe that our only options are open borders or —” she continued before the broadcast abruptly ended.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'm a middle of the road kind of person therefore I get a kick out of both CNN and FOX type news stations- but good lord that burn sure did need some aloe eh? Hahaha. I got a good chuckle out of this thread thank you.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

It is funny to see any media getting surprised by a guest.

Normally I would go and find a cnn guest that went off script just for the sake of balance.

But his being ats I could just link to the many many threads about cnn that already do that.

So I feel like this thread in it self is balance.

Fox is just as much fake news as any of the others and it's time ats was made aware of it.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

“I keep thinking about what we’re putting parents through — imagining how terrifying that must be for those families, imagining how it would feel not knowing if I’d ever see my kids again,” the state senator added. “We have to stop abducting children and ripping them from their parents’ arms, stop putting kids in cages and stop making 3-year-olds defend themselves in court.”

Yep , that Sure is A Load Alright . I Hope She Wore Her Depends while Spewing that Utter Nonsense..........

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
My bad. Its all a game show. Pick your letters. I will listen to anyone idea NOT involving open borders.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
My bad. Its all a game show. Pick your letters. I will listen to anyone idea NOT involving open borders.

Looks to me like you are just forming opinions about people without researching things first seeing as how you jumped to a conclusion on my beliefs without me evening commenting about that particular topic. Got anything to say about Fox News or are you going to mind read my political preferences some more?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Yep , that Sure is A Load Alright . I Hope She Wore Her Depends while Spewing that Utter Nonsense..........

Fearing that you won't ever see your children again is a "load"? Do you just lack sympathy these days?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Thing is there are really no "Right" Democrats - They seem to be all wrong .... They let radicals ruin the party

No Ideas for American CITIZENS, seems they gave up on us and depend on uneducated voters and ILLEGAL immigarants to prop them up.

edit on 7242018 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Fearing that you won't ever see your children again is a "load"? Do you just lack sympathy these days?

Trump haters sure do. Especially when it comes to abortion.

Complete lack of sympathy for a future kid that will never know the joys of being a Trump hater.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Perfect examples of why the dems lost.

She lied by not informing her hosts they had the wrong person.

She did a rant against stopping illegals but Americans want it stopped.

She came across just like Hillary, a bitch.

Trump 2020...
It's going to happen because dems have no platform to sell the American public except "not trump"

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Deflecting to talk about abortion? Wow! Neo you have no shame.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Nope.

I was just fresh out of sympathy for the usual suspects whining about Trump.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
But she wasn’t outraged when the Obama admin had the same policies...interesting how that works.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Foreign Nationals Children who enter my Country Illegally are Absolutely No Concern to me . The Ones I Care about are my fellow Legal American Citizens Children that are in Need of Food and Clothing because their Parents need All our Help in Raising them...... .

link   

originally posted by: avgguy

But she wasn’t outraged when the Obama admin had the same policies...interesting how that works.

abcnews.go.com...

Dubbed the Deporter in Chief.

I guess as fake outrage goes.

This time it's stellar.

link   
Looks to me like you misread my post. I apologised for not reading clearly the part you highlighted. I then commmented that all news networks are a game show. I further commented that i would listen to any rep with a border idea that did not involve open borders. I hope that clears things up better. I couldnt give a hoot what your political leanings are.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Perfect examples of why the dems lost.

She lied by not informing her hosts they had the wrong person.

She didn't lie about anything. Katz, the guy who got her booked, did. She came on and the first thing she did was correct the record on her name.

She did a rant against stopping illegals but Americans want it stopped.

Americans also don't want all those illegals to never see their children again.

She came across just like Hillary, a bitch.

Lol! She pulled a fast one over on Fox News and you call her a bitch for it. Don't be bitter. It's not like you don't excuse the current President acting like a total ass and embarrassment on a regular basis or anything. What comes around goes around.

Trump 2020...
It's going to happen because dems have no platform to sell the American public except "not trump"

Next election is on November 6th of this year. You MAY want to worry about that one before worrying about what's going to happen in 2020.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

What's a wrong Democrat?

Fox news is for the right

MSNBC CNN CBS ABC washington post NYTs buzzfeed salon YouTube Google NPR the University system etc are for th left

And you wanna talk about echo chambers?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join